Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax that's far from warped. Thinking of Segovia... that would be beautiful music to trim to!

Got up early and went to visit the girls before lights out. Took down a Church and the last untested pheno of umbra's triple grape. It took longest to finish of the 4, and foxtailed. I'm keeping the other 3. I usually aim for 1 pheno per strain, 2 max. But I ended up with 3 DEFINITE keepers: a chubby agreeable fast one (Cabbage cut) that is now cured and smells delicious, with a complex sweet woodsy exhale, the insanely purple one , and the one I've designated Sister Grape Cut that is the highest yielding and smells strongest.

My den smells like feety armpit pot stank and fresh coffee. Dog is snoring in the closet. The robins are singing outside. It's a grey day but the rain has passed and it should be dry enough to go outside and prune my hybrid tea roses and try to move the climbing rose that deserves a better home than it has had for the last 8 years.

More seeds came in the mail today. Never ordered from this breeder before but they don't mess around; this is a LOT of seeds. Also this type of pepper is awesome to roast. I save the ones that don't curl up and stuff them with ricotta mixed as for lasagne. Or sausage and rice. They have lots of flavor and depending of sunshine and altitude can get a little mild heat to them, but nothing serious.

20200404_083826.jpg

good morning OFC,,,i have a ???,,,I ran into this friend of a friend who grows indoors ,,,he uses dirt in 10 gallon containers ,,,he has some high end LEDS ,,,,guy tried to tell me he gets 3 to 4 lbs ,,,of dried curd bud out of each plant ,,,,I did not think it was possible and told him so,,,,,he called me an a hole and said I did not know what I was talking about ,,he has a grow going on now that should be ready in a month ,,,i bet him 100$ that he was wrong ,,,so my ???? is it possible to get that much from one plant grown indoors and if it is possible can i borrow 100$,,,lol ,,,zigggy

good morning OFC,,,i have a ???,,,I ran into this friend of a friend who grows indoors ,,,he uses dirt in 10 gallon containers ,,,he has some high end LEDS ,,,,guy tried to tell me he gets 3 to 4 lbs ,,,of dried curd bud out of each plant ,,,,I did not think it was possible and told him so,,,,,he called me an a hole and said I did not know what I was talking about ,,he has a grow going on now that should be ready in a month ,,,i bet him 100$ that he was wrong ,,,so my ???? is it possible to get that much from one plant grown indoors and if it is possible can i borrow 100$,,,lol ,,,zigggy
He sounds like he needs to have his scale calibrated lol.

I've seen it *almost* done, but by a crazy (Good crazy!) dude who had 10 foot plants in a garage with bare 1000w HPS just hanging amongst them. And he was a retired nurseryman. His peonies and purple garlic were more impressive than his pot! And even he wasn't taking more than a pound a plant!

Possible? Yes. Probable? Pffffffft.... NO.

Last edited:
Good morning OFC. Ziggy, it is unlikely he will get a couple lbs dry. He may weigh it before drying, lol, which is just stupid. Per light is different also. Large light can handle several plants depending on size. I grow in 7 gal bags with the best equipment and best I do with a single plant is 6 oz typically.
sour punch 1.png

I don't need to do that !-- I want bloom rotating -- I like the way Umbra turn that garage over 5 times a year - That is just way too much trimming at one time for me !-- That's the reason I like a 4 part bloom rotation - Take 25 % of bloom at one harvest every 2 weeks or so and replace the plants - and do it again -- Breaks the same space down from getting scissor slammed 5 times a year - To a more reasonable amount on a regular basis !- veg is for veg - bloom is for bloom - No doing it all in one place - space available in bloom gets filled from veg after harvest --

I've seen Segovia perform several times. I studied classical guitar as well Dax. Segovia was playing in Philly. I had a ticket. It was on a Sunday afternoon. I did a road trip to western PA for the annual Sisters of the Keg party. Maybe 150 miles away. It snowed Saturday night in Johnstown and had to dig out the car. My 2 buddies had to be found. They went off with different women and didn't know where their dorms were, or even the women's' names. Found everyone, hit the road. Get to Philly and Segovia had started to play. I was not allowed in as it might disturb Segovia while he was playing.

Morning RE !
I could do that weight outside with Umbra's B.B.-x- BPU - Drag a 6 footer outside mid April - run it to the end of October !- But I'm prejudiced-- Outside weed for hash -- Inside weed for Smoking weed !-- So how I get the mostest of the bestest the quickest is what I wanna know ?-- Working on finding out !

Whatever they can do with RDWC --I can do spraying my way !-- I'm just not up to speed yet !-I am not proud -- if I can't match them - I would switch to RDWC in a minute !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back