Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keef
I'm getting the still back out.
I have about a half gal left so its time for a new batch. I'm gonna run a 25lb sugar wash then another vinegar wash to get ready for the RHY. Gonna run 1 all rhy then 1 50% rhy 50% white corn
After tossing the heads I been getting about a half gal of high proof ( 160+) and a qt. of tails I add to next run out of a 5gal. Bucket of mash. Don't know if that's good or not but its way cheaper than buying ever clear.
I'm wanting to try soaking fresh frozen buds in alc. too and see if it works better or worse than dried buds.
If it works well I can see packing a bucket full of buds then fill with alc. and let sit for a week or so. Ill try a small jar full 1st.

As for the barrell still it should be stainless if you gonna distill in it. Not sure how bad it would be but plain barrell would leave a metal taste.
If there's taste there's impurities.
I already have high iron in my blood. :)

Food grade barrels got a lining !-- With a stainless steel cap !-- I been considering putting a water heater element in each barrel !--Plug it in when it's time to cook it off !-- A submarine steel is a big oval with a stainless steel wrap around and flat wooden sides -- I'm sure it must pull some impuries from the wood but no one seems to care !--
There should be no reason U couldn't put green bud in alcohol -- Wouldn't take a week though !-- More like a few minutes !--Don't take long for alcohol to wash the sticky off your hands !-Won't take long on bud either !--- Even if some water soluable comes across ?-- U eating it anyway ! --Who cares ?-- Might even be good for U !-- When it comes to dosage on RSO I would rather be able to have a whole cap instead of guessing at milligrams !-- At least my way of not concentrating it so much and worrying about some impurities!--- A cap will equal a cap every time !- -A dose the size of a grain of rice ?- That's just guessing !
Put some Olive or coconut oil in it so U can measure it better !

Last edited by a moderator:
Around here, food grade barrels are made from poly. I'd be really leary of any coatings applied by anything short of electroplating or similar.

Copper or stainless steel. Ya gotta use quality to git quality. Jus' like growin'.

I can work a submarine still and they ain't that hard to build !---Maybe 100 gallons ?--- Just gotta get the cap air tight !-- Then the thump keg and worm box !-- I'd use copper tubing to connect it all !-- It's not that I need a lot of shine I just need a lot to start with !-- I gots myself a plan !-- I need a big still and a smaller one !

It almost time to start a new batch of girlz for indoor.
I went thru my seed stock and decided on pennywise x valentine, ph x bbsl and BB king.
Now that I'm growing indoors I may have to re-look at some of my older seed stock.

Good morning OFC.

Keef
I tried a size 0 capfull of that rso from WI. Pretty intense! I think Ill try about half that next time. :D

Morning O.F.C.!-- Moving slow and making grandpa noises !-- Got errands to run soon as I can move !
Gloman my belly is the best extraction machine I got !-- Just depends of quality of the weed that's in them that dictates dosage !-- Takes a little more trim or less if it is decarbed bud !-- Waiting on my caps to kick in now !-- My 1st stop this morning is DPS or as I call it "The Cop Shop "-- My feet refuse to cross the threshold of that building without being pretty high !-- I got to go prove I am who I say I am !-- Might not be high enough yet !
Gloman if U can hold off on starting some seed for a few days I'll get busy and get some on the way to U !-- We had talked about U backing me up on some stuff anyway !-- I should be able to start sending out seed I promised !

No worries keef
I can hold off a bit. I'm just excited and enjoying my new indoor grow. I have both the led and cfls lights going now and you really can see a difference on how well they grow under LED. I contacted the co. That made it and asked for a discount if I purchase 2 more. They said they'd knock 5 bucks off each unit. lol. Big whoop! Maybe Ill try 1 from a different mfgr.
Took me 4 months to pay for this one. TG for PayPal credit!.

Here's a shot of my indoor girlz.
Left side front and back are Frank's Gift and right from and back are NS X BBSL. Started Sept 1st.
Both started from clones of the outdoor girlz.
Today I'm making rso from CBD-I.
I had the whole house smelling of weed and remembered there's a stove hood with a fan. Duh!

Attachments

• 1015180935.jpg
    1015180935.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 18
Went to the Cop Shop !-- Power went out !-- 2 and a half hours waiting for it to come back on -- It did not !-- Cop wanted to chat while we waited -- I did not !-- Almost died in a storm on the way home -- and how is your day going ?-- I'm about to get real high !-- Try to stop me and we gotta fight !-- Do I look like I wanna chat with da cops ?--It's freezing out there must be down to bout 60 !

Good morning OFC

Talking to the Cops is no fun. I can imagine how it would be in Texas. I was pulled over by the cops twice while smoking a joint twice in my younger days. I am extremely lucky both time. Both times it was very windy.
The first time I got out of the car under the pretense of checking a tire. I stood downwind from the cop and he ended up giving me a warning. The second time the cop came to the passenger window to talk to me. I was up at a place called the Pacheco Pass and it can be super windy there. The wind blew in the passenger window with pretty good force. I was polite and got a warning and damn near had a heart attack there.
The first time a roach would have sent me to jail. The second time cannabis had been decriminalized but a roach in the astray and smoke in the car would have been driving under the influence and a roach in a car is similar to open container charges.

Well got to go to town for some errands today.

Have an awesome day everyone! :D

Still storming off and on here Cuz !-- U right Texas cops don't play !-- I got a black eye once from having my face slammed into a car hood while I was handcuffed -- mangled my wrists pretty good too !-- I been hustling this morning !-- I think I want to grow in the Austin area -- Austin is the most liberal city in Texas -- I would like to find a group of women investors who want to get into the legal weed business !-- Right now though U gotta be a little careful but still get the word out !-- I need to be tucked away in some out the way place and soon as the law changes ? -- I will fill up a warehouse for them with most potent dank !-- I worked well with women in the medical field so why not !-- What I would really like is a group of medical professionals as partners !-- I would want no paper trail connecting us -- That way they can stay clean and I'll do the dirty work !-- 5 years in the OFC and I'm still not in jail so I must be doing something right to stay hid ?

Freezing at the beach !-- 57 degrees feels like it could snow any minute ?-- I need a parka or something ! -- Winter time !

lol! Winter time?
Woke up to 36* F. This morn.
Goin down to 32 tonight.
Made it all the way up to 46 today.
I thought there was a season called fall but I must be wrong.

We ain't used to this **** !-- Cold and wet !-- I don't like it !--- I saw something on the local news that gave me a chuckle !-- They having a big bonfire across the bay tonight !-- What gave me a chuckle was -- That is a pile of rubble from Hurricane Harvey dressed up and repurposed -- They got some food trucks-- booths --live music and I think they charging an entrance fee !-- I think it is absolutely brilliant !-- Having people pay to watch U burn your trash ?-- My hat is off to that Mastermind !-- I would party with that dude !-- Seems like my kinda people !

Red, Luthery question. I met a luthier from OK that used super glue as a sealer before lacquer finish. Does this make the top more rigid and project more sound?

What up Umbra !-- The wind is howling out there !-- Super glue as a sealant ?-- Works pretty good as bone cement !-- I used to make little vulgar statues out of the left over so I could tell the doc when it was set !--- There was some techs who were quite talented ! -- I was not one of them !-- They was all red !-- Methelmarthicalate or some such name !
Seems if U wanted to maintain the resonance of the empty wood cells U would seal inside and out bottom and top ?-- I can see how temperature and humidity could change those traits and so the sound ?-- Sealing them like that should set the tone U can get from the wood ?

Red, Luthery question. I met a luthier from OK that used super glue as a sealer before lacquer finish. Does this make the top more rigid and project more sound?
I’ve heard of that but never used it for that. About the only thing I use superglue for is glueing in inlays and locking down frets...I did try a finishing epoxy caller zpoxy as a grain filler mostly on electric guitars...it hardens fast and sands easy and actually provides some dent resistance to softer woods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back