Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you every heard of D.Golds ISO-3 Machine?
I have to make some oil soon and wanted to use my new toy

upload_2019-1-20_8-26-3.jpeg

Stiggy
That's an interesting looking rig you have there.
I had an original ISO2 by Thai power years ago and got the newer one, flower power tower now.
Have you iso'd any oil before?
I have done it a few times and was never impressed with it. However it could easily have been due to "operator" error.
I'm interested in how it works out for you.

Good morning y'all!
Crocket
I sure wish I had your weather!
We are at 7*F. With over a foot on the ground and drifting.
Roads are full of black ice so I'm staying home.
Ill just fuss over my girlz.

Morning, we're getting the snow storm right now. Hardly see your foot in front your face. Great day for a snowshoe walk !

Stiggy
That's an interesting looking rig you have there.
I had an original ISO2 by Thai power years ago and got the newer one, flower power tower now.
Have you iso'd any oil before?
I have done it a few times and was never impressed with it. However it could easily have been due to "operator" error.
I'm interested in how it works out for you.
Gloman
This site can explain it better
I will post link if that is OK
Let me know and I can edit it out if not

LINK: https://skunkpharmresearch.com/iso-3-by-d-gold/

And Yes I have made a batch of Oil
The problem is that it is a full extract of all the plants materials (lots of chlorophyll) which can bother some people sysytems.
And not such a great taste , but then again when does oil taste good.
I have some older bud that needs to be made into something so I am giving it another try
(I have used it before and made decent tinctures and pain creme using the product in the past)

I hear you Ness. Temps are dropping about 3 degrees an hour and its down to 19. Snowing like a banshee and the river is rising too. Dontcha just love winter?! I may go out for some truck stuff today but more'n likely I'll stay home and Netflix and chill with some good smoke

hi peeps,
so i wrote a big long letter and lost it cause i wasn't signed in. What am i New?
Good to see you all this morning, gray and rain again, rain is hard today. Could be snow so it is ok. good for the earth and all that.

The retirement party was very fun. I bet there were 400 people there. He was a beloved doctor. He made me cry. I love him. I noticed his hand has a palsy so I will have lunch with him soon and teach him about pot. He is so very straight.
On my way to help a lady pack. yuck. why did i say i would do this?
Have a good football day!

Stiggy
I was wondering if you had actually isomerized your oil yet.
That involves heating in an acid environment.(refluxed in sulphuric acid) then neutralizing it and filtering. Its supposed to change much of the CBD in the oil to thc increasing potency by 25-50% . not good if you need cbd.
In my experience its better to do a frozen extraction 1st and keep it seperate, then go back and extract the weed in the iso.

Last edited:
Stiffy
That involves heating in an acid environment.(refluxed in sulphuric acid) then neutralizing it and filtering. Its supposed to change much of the CBD in the oil to thc increasing potency by 25-50% . not good if you need cbd.
This unit uses 190 proof alcohol (everclear or lab) which can be purchased in most states.
Some states only sell 151 , then Im not sure how it works.
I have run 190 to make tinctures and tried to reduce to oil butn had it set to hot and began to burn before I wa sable to catch it,
The Tinctures worked good although it was very very green LOL.

Stiggy
In my experience its better to do a frozen extraction 1st and keep it seperate, then go back and extract the weed in the iso.
When D Gold 1st published his book on this, average THC was 3%. Since then weed was gotten substantially better and higher in THC. The benefit to work ratio goes way down the better the weed. Keef looked into this too. Maybe for Cartel dirt weed, but otherwise a waste of time. Better to use good genetics and dial in your grow.

And Yes I have made a batch of Oil
The problem is that it is a full extract of all the plants materials (lots of chlorophyll) which can bother some people sysytems.
And not such a great taste , but then again when does oil taste good.
I have some older bud that needs to be made into something so I am giving it another try
(I have used it before and made decent tinctures and pain creme using the product in the past)
My ethanol extracts are amber, no chlorophyll. Freeze the weed and the alcohol. I take mine to -20 with dry ice.

My ethanol extracts are amber, no chlorophyll. Freeze the weed and the alcohol. I take mine to -20 with dry ice.
I get that when I do a cold (freezer Method)
I freeze EC190 along with decarbed bud in seperate mason jars for 24hrs Then do a quick wash and filter that solution off and put the herb back in Freezer and wash again after 2 hrs.
Then mix the 2 solutions together and reduce to the strength I desire

Morning OFC , hope everyone has a great day - Gloman , never seen snow so cant imagine what that cold would be like gets down to -1 here in winter but no snow , another hot one forecast today .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back