Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose,
I'm laughing, sorry :) It's just a snake, common Black snake about 4' long. They are pretty aggressive, strike when you grab them, but have no fangs...just rough sand-papery "teeth", kinda like getting bit by a duck.

I have snakes everywhere here; Black, Gardner, brown water, Copper head, a few Eastern Rattler. They come for my frogs, I raise 5 different species.

I built 3 big ponds with large excavators, then built tank/pumping system...that fills the ponds with rain/snow water. I collect approximately 170k gallons a year, and pump it to the ponds automatically controlled.

"Build it, and they will come" :cool:

Good morning OFC. 6 am here in the east. Been up for hours watching movies. Bwanabud interesting set up for your ponds. Why, do you raise frogs? Does Butch ever eat the frogs. I had a cat name Midnight of course he was all black. He use to get squirrel and eat the whole thing.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef, GM. Hoping your O:K, your missed. I started some of your seeds. SR--91 X (Mazar X BBSL) 4 of them. And, White Indic--X BBS 4 of these.

good morning all, I am glad you could laugh BB, 4 foot long is scary, i don't care that he just gnaws on ya. I am not afraid of snakes except that one. My nephew had one, a bull snake named debbie. In cages they are fine. Yikes. Thanks umbra for the music, rocking out here.
Guess what? My bathroom is empty, all harvested, that means, wait for it... a bath for me! woo hoo. It isn't like i haven't bathed in 4 months, but i do miss that soaker. I hope you all have a good holiday and thank you all for your service. now lets smokeumifyougotum.

Rose,
I wasn't laughing AT you, and meant no disrespect in any way...I'd never do that you. Snakes are just big night crawlers to me, I've been catching/playing with them my whole life.

I don't fear Rattlers for they always warn you when feeling threatened, strike and let go. Copperheads and Moccasins are very dangerous, they never warn you, strike hard and never release their victim. Most trips to the hospital have the head still attached, when the ER techs treat the patient. FYI: Baby Copperheads venom is the same strength as it's full grown counterpart, just not as much capacity.

My apologies again if my post was viewed as insulting in any way,
BB

Oh dear, i was in no way offended, if i can make you laugh, my job is done here. Love you BB, always have. A story, years ago when my nephew had the snake they asked us to pick up a mouse for him so we went to the pet store and got one. By the time we got home the mouse was loose in the car, bud found it and he bit bud, trip to er, for a tetanus shot, i think, anyway, the mouse ended up costing 103 dollars, my sister paid.

Good morning ofc, Festival over now starting the wedding week...gonna be a rough one but then the following week is vacation in the sierras....wishing everyone a great weekend especially those who serve this great country and make the sacrifice for others...Cheers to you all!!!

I agree. Let's appreciate the sacrifice of those who served and the friends and families of those who served, They deserve to be recognized today/

Happy M.D. y'all!
I'd like give a special thanks to those who serve our country and especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice to allow Me the freedom to live in a land where I don't have to hide to worship God. Those who Died to give me the freedom to say what I want and live the way I see fit.
THANK YOU!

Look what happens when I go away for a couple days...
What’s gonna happen next week when I’m gone the whole week...
D1446CA4-8A12-450C-B3D2-5067DB58A205.jpeg

Beautiful snake.
Each time it sheds it will loose a little more of its color pattern, eventually turning pure black. As a juvenile a black rat snake has a color pattern to make it look more dangerous.
I had a hog nose snake once. When you came up on him, he would flip upside down and go limp. He also sectreted a foul odor to make a predator either think it was dead, or make it not want to try and eat the snake.
Really cool creatures, snakes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back