Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
umbra, any change in demeanor? work is only work my friend. you work to live, you don't live to work.
i don't have that stress any more but used to be up to my neck in it. used to go out and have to tell people they had to clean up their pukage then come back to the office and hear it from management telling me i couldn't tell people that because of political reasons. 2 front war with 2 front stress. now everyday is saturday.

I only spent 8 years in the Army -- It could be a good life but they kept telling me to do stuff I had no intention of doing !
So we had communication problems !-- I know U could hardly tell but I used to be a bit hard headed and had a tendency to go my own way !-- They didn't like that !-- Sometimes the military really liked me and other times they be threatening to put me in army jail ! -- Fighting in the race riots of the early 70s in Korea as a Military Policeman --I tied up with a Colonel --He couldn't take a punch very well !-- He said do U know who I am soldier ?-- I said No !- Do U know who I am ?-- He said No -- So I thought it a good idea to split !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning OFC

So much rain the last couple of days. At least it is not cold.

An old friend I have known since 1973 called me up. I may make a trip up to Rescue CA to visit him and his Wife. I bought my first lid from his older Brother. I paid $10 for that ounce. That was a lot of money. lol
In 1974 I saw Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones with him. Those were great concerts. I look forward to bringing him a jar of Blackberry Fire and going down memory lane as we smoke some Zkittlez that I grew.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

I probably was one of the luckiest Sailors that ever lived. The last 13 years of my career I spent as an instructor of one thing or another. I worked independently a good part of the time and often traveled from one assignment to the next as a civilian. Remember those sailors who got killed on that hijacked plane? We learned quick. I saw 27 countries on 5 continents and enjoyed something about every one.

U only wore your uniform traveling on military transport -
Do your best to blend in but that haircut and duffle bag would give U away everytime !-- Lots didn't have a very high opinion of soldiers and there were confrontations -- I was out 5 years then thought it might be best to reenlist -- That's when I picked OR scrub tech off a list I was qualified to be trained -- I'd spent a lot of those 5 years in a 110 degree welding booth all day-- OR Tech -- It was air conditioned-- Not much shooting even in war time and I figured I could clean bout anything ?-- They had nurses too -- That was the job for me !- Ignorant Young Boy Keef didn't know so much bout much !-- I didn't know I would end up to my elbows in people's bellies and stuff !-- I had no idea what I had gotten into but - I function in a crisis -- They liked that !

Well its another day. Yeah guy I work with did his 20 in the Navy. He is still very much that way. New Regional sales manager is chem engineer and did his 20 in Navy as Commander. Problem is I ain't no swappy, and we aren't in the Navy. I don't take having orders barked at me. He suggested we have a Team meeting. I asked what for? I'm the only one doing any of the work.

hello OFC ... y'all been busy in here... it may take a minute or so to go back and read what is going on ?
@Rose, I posted 2 new pics in my thread.... the ac/dc will get a weeks flushing before I harvest her... she has been on 1/2 strength nutes...
hope all of you are well as you can be ?

Well its another day. Yeah guy I work with did his 20 in the Navy. He is still very much that way. New Regional sales manager is chem engineer and did his 20 in Navy as Commander. Problem is I ain't no swappy, and we aren't in the Navy. I don't take having orders barked at me. He suggested we have a Team meeting. I asked what for? I'm the only one doing any of the work.
those type of people love having you do a good job so they can take all the credit. that blows. i had a site where high concentrations of arsenic were found in the soil. they sent me to do an investigation and develop a solution. i did, wrote out a lengthy report, gave it to my supervisor and he gave an oral presentation to all the politicians. he got an award for that and when presented, never said a word about who wrote it--while he looked and smiled at me.. moral of that is--and st nick can validate this: do the job the best you can, make the superiors look really good and they will like you--not generally enough to get you promoted though.
maybe you need to take some time off or look for a new job, umbra.

If you think you might go back to work, I’d try and not start SS in the meantime...I believe if you start it early, you’ll be stuck at a lower rate than if you wait...I was told if I started SS and then wanted to wait, I’d have to pay everything back before I could start again...I’m talking from experience, I started mine at about 63 and I would have been better off to wait till at least 65 or so...It is what it is and fortunately I have a couple of retirement pensions from companies I worked for plus I saved as much as I could...I live a pretty mild life though so I’m not worried...

Trimmed up the girls today as their new growth was starting to look a little funky and crowded...especially down low so I took a bunchof old fan leaves off and hopefully things will get a little better...trying to decide when to switch...I’m gonna put in a scrog net but I’d like a little more spread first...I topped them a week or so ago to promote more colas and that seems to be working...

I'd prefer to work until I'm 70, lol. Just not interested in being taken advantage of. My role in company is automation and equipment development. I have 112 new emails, all for requests for my time for something other than my job. I just submitted a plan to automate all the chemical testing.

Umbra --Doing what U want to do ain't work !-- U a pot farmer !-- Take your Dank back to the east coast and be what U already are -- A bringer of dankness ! -- Don't have any instructions on getting from here to there but the east coast needs U !

Oh no !- He got to go -- Go go Godzilla

What ?

I got it all invested in Texas changing that mmj law -- If they don't -- It would be best for me to be somebody else somewhere else because they'll be hard hunting Ole Keef !
A pot farmer in a prohibition state shouldn't be doing what I been doing !-- U post to stay hid not .... U talking to the best known pot farmer in Texas that's not in jail !-- U want to get into weed if Texas flips ?-- I'm your obvious choice !--
Hopefully things work out-- I don't get caught-- If I do get caught I am sure dahell am not Keef !-- Maybe I get my little bat cave stoner ranch and bring some legal Dank to Texas ?-- Somebody got to do it-- might as well be me !

i got fired from my job tonight,,,,its a good thing ,,,only thing I'm pissed about is they made me drive all the way down there just to fire me they could have called me on the phone and canned my azz ,,,i saw it coming so I'm not that mad ,,,talk at yall in the morning going to snuggle with my boy

Keep your chin up Baby Girl !-- Even when U know it's coming it's still hard !-- There's more and better waiting for U out there somewhere ! -- I got fired sometimes !-- Sometimes I deserved it and sometimes I didn't !-- U guys know me well enough to imagine the kinda trouble my mouth has gotten me into ?-
U was looking for a job when U found this one - there will be others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back