Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough night yall!
I was driving home and a deer jumped out in front of my truck.
I Tried to miss her but she got tagged hard and I couldn't find her. I HATE leaving her but nothing I could do. My truck is Tore Up but I'm ok.
I guess that's a hazard of living in the stix.
I hit one a few years back and same thing, she was gone while I got to replace the front fender, headlight and hood...still felt bad about her but...and like ya said, I was livin in the sticks and workin nights...

Good Morning OFC...Oh No...deer strikes are the worst and our State is heavily populated...I had one hit mine back in the summer....we both got off lucky...deer survived and I just got a dent in the rear quarter panel on service truck. Keef I feel for you on those student loan jokers....they are ruthless...had a buddy who defaulted and they hounded him forever...he would sing Rawhide to them when they would call ....this is same guy who gave me mixed up mailbox number...and Nov....I am too stubborn to give up, gotta have that cannabis! Worked all weekend...busy as can be this week all ready....they will stop calling T-day Eve maybe...and I may just hide from everyone Black Friday ...I mean...they got bean sales and everything!...Enjoy this day the cannabis way!

1d7005b8d865d1c2634959653f0f2e57.jpg

Good morning OFC

I hope you find that puppy soon Keef!

I have had so many close calls with deer. One ran in front of me, ran back and then ran into the rear of my car as I almost passed him. Put a small dent in my car. I stopped because if you see one there is usually one more nearby that could run in front of me. The deer that hit my car ran away. I drive slow at night because there are so many critters out here.

Sunny and clear today. It is supposed to get cold this weekend. I hope not.

Enjoy this day friends.

Good morning OFC

I hope you find that puppy soon Keef!

I have had so many close calls with deer. One ran in front of me, ran back and then ran into the rear of my car as I almost passed him. Put a small dent in my car. I stopped because if you see one there is usually one more nearby that could run in front of me. The deer that hit my car ran away. I drive slow at night because there are so many critters out here.

Sunny and clear today. It is supposed to get cold this weekend. I hope not.

Enjoy this day friends.
rain starting tomorrow

When I got back from prowling the neighborhood looking for Jet he was laid up with the big dogs across the street -- When I grabbed Jet a big dog growled at me -- I growled back -- I guess he could tell I was in the mood for a fight and he left !

Excuse me while I get too high !

Morning OFC! Nobody would buy a used light, huh? I kinda figured that. I guess I'll be adding in more lighting after the new year at some point!
I have never bought an used light fixture. I have had them given to me. If you are looking for a ballast it could be a good deal. Those last for a long time.. maybe forever. ;)

mornin guys,

we are going to have to put our new(ish) weimariner down. since we have had him, he has bit my wife and me a total of 6 times--odd though, he always goes for the face. he is very protective of food, toys, bed, and who knows what ever he wants to claim as his.

we went to a dog trainer and behaviorist and they both felt him trainable, but just a couple of days ago floki took a toy upstairs into our bedroom and started to trash it. i walked over to him and started to pick of the toy guts and i heard a short growl before he lunged at my face and snapped his jaws right below my chin. i back up and he backed, reset himself and lunged again. i have never seen a dog do that.
yesterday the trainer came over for about an hour and a half and at her direction, i was walking floki around under very close lead with a pressure collar. the trainer asked for the lead, walked him around and tossed a ball to him. he picked it up and dropped the ball and the trainer moved it with her foot. just at that moment, i caught a slight body movement from floki and he then lunged at her face, knocking her glasses to the floor. fortunately she was wearing glasses or she may have lost her eye. he bit her twice--across the face and on the arm. fortunately she is okay and received some teeth scratching across her face and arm.
he is so fast, agile, big and strong and seems to realize this is the way to get whatever he wants, when he wants it.

we have tried as much as we could with this mistreated animal, but he is far too aggressive and dangerous to be trained out of this behavior. both experts advised us to put him down before he seriously hurts one of us or someone else.

Good morning ofc, yep, weather movin in and its gonna get cold...well for ncal...thanksgiving has a hi of 38* and a low of 24*... I know that’s not so cold for a lot of you guys but it is here in my corner of paradise...I suppose we’ll manage though glad you found that little guy keef...

Drcree- sorry to hear that; sadly it's for the best. I went through the same thing with a cane corso mix many years ago, he'd been fought as a puppy <10 months old (stay classy, New Haven) and never recovered mentally, and eventually the behaviorist came to the conclusion that he was beyond help. He was a smart dog and when the house was calm and it was just me and the dogs, he was a good boy. But at the first sign of anyone at the door, he'd first try to go through the glass, and, failing that, attack me and/or my other dog. And he had dominance/fear issues that just never improved. He was going to rip someone's throat out eventually but years later a part of me still feels guilty even though it was absolutely the right thing to do. I guess the best we can do for our dogs is give them a chance... It's still sad when nothing can be done.

I am so sorry to hear that Dr.Cree

This dog was treated badly at one point and traumatized and you tried your best to help him.. He sounds more aggressive than a junkyard dog. My heart goes out to you and yours.
A friend of mine had one of his dogs bite his Wife in the face. The dog was old and kinda senile. They had that dog for years and loved him very much. But the dog was becoming aggressive and biting the other dog as well as them. After biting his Wife in the face he had him put down. I don't know what else you can do to help this dog that you have not already done. I know you are hurting right now, and I don't mean from the dog bites. Take comfort in your family and know that we are here for you.

Burnin1- yes lots of canna. The canna bio plus coco-peat dirt is HEAVENLY and you can put a pillowcase on a sack of it and get some zzzzzs. It's that fluffy. I use it as a base media and add a little compost. The PK13/14 and Boost are useful as late bloom supplements. The Cannazyme is like magic to prevent root slime in certain hydro setups and awesome to soak hydroton between runs. All their ferts are good, if extremely pricey. The full organic soil ferts line will explode if allowed to sit around for years and it stinks. Don't ask me how I found out.... but it's the grossest thing to clean up lol
Edit: I have used the canna aqua, canna terra, and canna bio ferts lines in hydro and dirt . I feel that cannazyme and pk13/14 are a very good investment and i would not be without them! And the Boost is applied at very low ratios and only a couple times, so I'll shell out for it. I actually used it on my flower girls last night. The aqua and terra lines are too expensive for my tastes and imvho, the botanicare Power and Pure Blend lines are easier on the wallet while being user friendly. If you care about full organic, the canna Bio ferts are indeed very very good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back