Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello pot farmers...sittin here in the doorway to my grow/shed/workshop...tryin to get my automation on for this grow...I’m using a sonoff net switch for the control which works very nice as long as PG&E doesn’t fowl things up...geeky but workable...out here in my shaded driveway it’s 70*...I’m gonna go grab a beer and my pipe...

Don’t know if I said it or not yet but grandson pulled thru pretty good...I’m sure he’ll be a bit sore for a while but they didn’t have to open his chest but instead went in thru or between his ribs under his arm...also they thought they may have to give him a transfusion since he was so anemic but he’s better now and they didn’t have too...prolly be goin home Thursday or Friday...thanks for your positive thoughts!!!

RE --That'll heal faster than cracking the chest does !-- Y'all confuse me with all your computer **** !- I'm mostly computer illiterate !- I use off the shelf timers as a control system for lights and pumps - Aquarium air pumps run 24/7 - My job is to keep the nute water level above the water pump and keep the pH within reason and use an A.C. unit to keep the temps reasonable!- Then mostly stay out they way !- They know how to grow !-- I don't even have to mess with the timers -- Bloom always set on 12/12 and veg 18/6 -- water pumps 15 minutes off 15 on - pop out ever other pin on the timer - give it a spin --it's not a clock !-- I don't understand why I would need a computer ?- Unless it kept my nute water level where I want it and monitor my PH and correct it but then the only job left for me would be changing my water filters !

OK Cuz I can see that !-- I thought I was the one with the lazy farmer thing !-- My stuff pretty much runs on it's own-
I usually stick my head in once or twice a day just to keep an eye on everything !-- I know most times it can get by without me checking on them but It's kinda routine !- This mixed dirt and aero grow is busier than aero alone !- I want back on my 4 part rotation - At harvest every 2 weeks it's time to reload bloom from veg -- take clones -- trim and put the last harvest in a jars - Later I hope yo set up a bloom rotation on the opposite week !-

Got a camera in there too, this is what it looks like from my easy chair...still got a long way to go...couple more seedling to be in here soon...
5B2C67D7-BE21-43F5-B483-FE30780F8F51.jpeg

Hey everyone.
It's looking like they're picking up now 2RE. Some good growth over the past couple days there. You were thinking about putting them down weren't you? I'd keep em. Nice quality from the camera.
When brewing tea, it's gone bad if it smells really bad right? Like dirty diaper bad. I hope so because I just dumped a few gallons.

I don't know how they work but the mudhole gots a few game trail cameras and the motion sensitive flood lights - I be wanting that at the Bat Cave !- - I need to spent more time in the grow than I do now -- The bat cave will make it easier since I plan to be under the same roof with them again !- They just across the yard here in other buildings -- I can see the door to each thru the window from my nest in the travel trailer !- I don't think unless they knew-- that anyone would think this was a pot farm ?-- Looks kinda like a junk yard - Nothing valuable here - Move along !- I'm still ready to get settled in my own place !-- Shouldn't be any lag time in getting bloom working !

Hey everyone.
It's looking like they're picking up now 2RE. Some good growth over the past couple days there. You were thinking about putting them down weren't you? I'd keep em. Nice quality from the camera.
When brewing tea, it's gone bad if it smells really bad right? Like dirty diaper bad. I hope so because I just dumped a few gallons.
A couple of’m don’t get with the program, they’ll be gone...I got more baby’s comin...
Nov, I added a bit of Bokashi bran to my latest compost tea batch and it seemed to help it...it seemed much more activated than without...

RE -- I was making fun of something someone posted once !-- I don't want no Freon extracted hash !--
Nope not McGiver but the 5 years between my 2 enlistments in the army - I did research and development for a couple cement machine companies !-- The 1st one used me like a technology thief- U see that machine right there ?--See how it works --we gonna build some like it !-- Form follows function ! -- If U gonna use a tool to manually drive nails --It will look like a hammer !- !- He had no trouble busting patents!-- The 2nd place I designed and built them a new type concrete screed for doing streets !--Then set up thier shop to mass produce it !- I got an engineering bonus and a pink slip on the same day !- They had no further use for me !-- They made a lot of money !- I swore to never build for anyone but myself in the future !
I Reenlisted in the army !-- I wasn't gonna be used and discarded like that again !- Operating Room Techinician ?- Not much shooting even in war time ?- AC in the hospitals after the heat of a welding booth was quite attractive to me ?- Scrub ?- Figured I could learn to clean just about anything ?- Wasn't nobody gonna use my mind and throw me away again !- I be a janitor and clean the OR for them before I would build again !-- Well --it turnt out to be a different job than I thunk !-- Nobody said anything to me about dam brain surgery but there I was right in the middle of it !- I had a plan for retirement - Kept a little notebook of things I'd like to build in a little shop I planned to have when I retired !- Just build to please me !-- The fall kinda kilt that !- Lately though being able to put this grow together and all - The urge to build again has been growing ! - "Wet Heat" was to be my building swan song !- A new type marine engine with no true moving parts !- It's a redesign of the Bliss -Leavit mark 7 steam torpedo powerplant from late WW1and early WW2 !- At one torpedo test the rudder got stuck and the one ton torpedo leaped over 40 feet out the water!- I Just wanted to finish what they started !-- torpedo engine ?-- so it can go under water --One ton jump 40 feet in the air ?- The right design maybe it could stay in the air awhile ?- fly- dive or stay on the surface ?- Still don't know what that craft would look like !
Or what U would call it-- boat ?- plane?- submarine ? -
Dudes !I just wanted to build the engine !- Maybe put it on a Wave Runner jet ski thing !-- See what it would do ?-- Don't make me think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning OFC...No rain this morning...so far...about 50* or so but they say it may fire up later today with some strong storms. 2RE your looking like a big growth spurt is fixing to hit...nice save...I wonder how Ms Rose did with hers? 2 Ducks blown out of the water at dem. convention...was a rumor that a new candidate was going to enter the race this week....nothing so far...dead end rumor I guess. The new run is starting to grow some...the old run is fixing to come down...snip snip clip clip...oh what a pain it is. I have a new back brace for the upper spinal...makes you hold good posture...I hope it knocks the trim pain down some. I put the name tags in the late arrivals(bottom right)...hard to pick them out from the ones a week older now. They are under a Matristar S1 150 watt 3000K...it is adjustable down to 50 watts and perfect for seedlings...thinking about grabbing another one...I want to grow all my veggie transplants indoors this year...they are getting ridiculous on prices..$3 to $4 buck for a small tomato plant. Enjoy the day amigo's!

IMG_20200212_040804355_29.jpg

Last edited:
It's

Thank you for helping brother. It has been a long day so I just got to take the picture. I uncovered it for the picture. They are 36" away from the light in the peat potsView attachment 258879[/QUOTE
You may need a dedicated spot for them with their own light. That is a bit too far imo. Plants looking hungry

I might live ?--
HP - I got your rain right here !-- I'll send it on up !- Blowing some nasty stuff out my nose !- Seems like a good day to get too high ?- I better get to it !- I need an attitude adjustment !-

Good morning OFC.

I followed the political news of political name and Barr working to cover up Roger Stone's crimes. It felt like a gut puncch.

I worked at the caucus in Iowa, directing caucus goers to their respective party's location. In my precinct, both parties booked the same school for the caucus, but in separate areas of the school. My job was to keep the peace and direct peple to the right place. Fortunately, everyone behaved.

I live in a conservative area, but couldnt help noticing a huge turnout for Democrats, with Republicans being about 1/10th the turn out. Another group of Republicans were waiting in the Democrats line to change party affiliation. Their line was as long as the Republicans line waiting to check in to their caucus. Maybe this **** will get straightened out in November, if democracy is still working. If not, I have a plan b and c, too. I never expected to seriously think to need a plan b and c over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back