Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The humans in my area have blessed me with window units sprouting up!

To return to my questions from Friday about 110 or 220... I guess what I was really trying to find out was is it safe to run 220 on a 16 or 14g line? Any electrical work I've done has been as a laborer and my limited knowledge says no. Like HP, I'd be happy with 10g. HP pretty much summed up the rules I was taught.

Good Morning OFC...Nice morning and week taking shape here...we cooled down after the storms...1/2 inch of rain and no storm damage here. Monroe LA...different story...25-30 mill damage at regional airport...hanger destroyed with heavy loss of private aircraft. Lots of power outages this morning in the aftermath. Nov what size AC unit are you running...what amps does it pull?...On a 220v set up you are dividing the load by using 2 lines...they are all so a bit more efficient than 110v. So yes the wire is safe ...just do not exceed the load rating for it...as Umbra mention its the current load here that is important. I use surge devices on my set ups...if the power breaks for a sec it will not allow the unit to restart until constant flow for 3 minutes...that is the corded ones...they make inline pressure switch surge protectors for Central units as well..seen connectors burned off compressor after a brown out and then followed by a spike and unit trying to start under a load. Got some wonderful smells coming from this run...not sure who is the blame...but I like it ! SA what soil will you put in your raised beds...native or a bagged source? I am excited for you to get a veggie plot going...there is a comfort in walking around the yard and coming in with dinner! I am hoping for new potatoes by the end of the month. Off for a walk....pain and stress free is the way we roll!

you-cannot-make-everyone-happy-you-are-not-cannabis.jpg

Morning OFC -- Hope those in the south and southeast survive the storm -- Coulda been worse here but going thru a storm in a travel trailer ain't fun !- Especially when your broke face is inflamed and left arm works - sometimes !
Fed up with the mudhole !-- Working on an attitude adjustment but I'd rather just kill **** !

Good morning OFC.

Sunday was decarb day. Trying to strain Everclear from bud took a few tries to get it right. A piece of cloth shaped into a tube filled with mix and twisted into wringing the tincture out, using a couple of handles for leverage worked well. I'm sure there are better ways, but it worked.

The decarb was tedious. The crock pot either was too high or too low of a temperature setting, so there was a lot of temperature checking and manual cycling over four hours, but that job is done. I used the residual heat of the decarb to melt coconut oil. It was melted with the decarbed weed. After stinking up the house last time, the stove was off limits. I had to take it outside. I'll have something with temperature controls next time and a timer would be nice, too. I didn't get to gummies yet.

I should have used gloves. Or not, it was a good body stone that lasted for about the entire day. I like Golden Dragon. A 2.0 ml syringe is about right for that batch. I have no clue to dosages on the earl. Yet.

Thanks for all the tutoring on the steps. There is so much misinformation about the process flying around the web, its reassuring to got experience on your side. To say nothing about the recipies.

Stay safe and well.

Trumps numbers can climb all they like, it doesn't make him smart, a good president, or a decent human being

political name 2020,,,He makes great motorcycles. :D
By the way,,the WHO and Dems were fighting him tooth and nail for closing travel between China,Europe and The US as Early as he did. That's why his numbers are up.
Even though the stupid Virus was here in December. I think me and my Wife already had it in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dax that's the smell to look for - The decarb smell !-- It's not as bad if U decarb in a jar with the flat lid on but there will always be some smell -- I've always heard it called Green Dragon but done right it does look a little golden ?
I gotta get some decarbed too !- Ran outta caps day before yesterday -- Not getting around or doing especially well today !-- Got the pipe working but I miss my medicine !
Get my car back tommorrow and make arrangements with the realtor see if I can't be looking at some potential bat caves by end of the week !-- So ready to get out of here I hope it doesn't affect my judgement and I take just anything to get outta here-- Told her I'm looking for 2 things in a house -- Secluded 2 or 3 bedroom and cheap in that order !-- It's not like this everywhere but around here I should be able to find something for $40,000 or less !--

So where you moving to Keef? I mean what area. You going to stay down south?
I lived in Northeast Texas when i was younger. Lots of pine trees and country.

I'm down by Beaumont -- Plan on going a little farther north into The Big Thicket -- Any of these Podunk towns will do !-- I'm buying a grow house - I'm just gonna be living there too !-- Get me a proper place later !-- I might be a broke -- crazyass --crippled up old fart but I can grow dahell out some money trees !-- I just need a place to work !

The further north the better for Temps,,especially if you want to grow some plants outside. I love growing inside in the winter and a few small plants outside in the spring. I keep mine hid pretty good. Im growing a cut outside right now a friend gave me. Thinking i might even grow a few Autos outside. Haven't grown Autos in yrs but they have come along way since i grew them last.
Lowryders sucked.

I'm an inside water farmer and I'm a pot snob - Inside weed for Smoking -- Outside weed for hash and extracts !--
Not knocking outside weed -- It's just a preference I've developed !-- These genetics I got are like high class racehorses and will give U thier best inside !-- I run a continuous grow --I'm a cloner -I clone from clones and keep no mothers --- I grow regular photos - mostly indica or Indica leaning hybrids- mostly fast finishing -- When I got here I started about 6 seed to about half dozen varieties-- 2 weeks later did it again -- I grow them up to a foot or less and sex them -- I pick out the best girl from each variety bring her back to veg and take cuttings - I probably used a 100 seed to get these 14 girls !- As I settle in I'll start to thin the herd - Try to get it down to the best and most unique 6 girls -- Then start more seed -- build it up -- thin it down -- I do some breeding but if they can't stand the heat they gotta go !-- I don't care where it came from or who bred it !-- Quality over quanity !

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef, What I read about decarbing was that the curing and then the temperature and degree of decarb changes the taste away from a green weedy taste to a mellower better taste. I dried and cured the pot first. That gives it the Golden taste. My first try was nasty, definitely green and very bitter.

I like the different names.

Good luck on your search. Time is on your side, get one that you can live with. Good bones, good electrical, make your wish list with the important stuff foremost. In the back and forth negotiations, it helps to be reminded what are wants and what are needs.

When I rewired my last house, I used 12 and 10 ga wire on everything and extra wire in oversized conduit. 20 amps? Swap out the breaker and upgrade the outlets, Done! Need power to another place, grab an unused wire or wire pair, Done! Codes were strict, but exceeding code meant that inspectors left me alone. The electrical upgrade sold the house. It may be growing pot now. It was all set up. Those houses are out there.

Had a dedicated 12ga home run put in from a single outlet in the attic flower room, through a 50a hardwired timer, to the panel. Told Sparky it was for a space heater. Sparky knows what's up, though. Good thing it's a legal state and he's got zero effs to give anyway long as that check clears!

Me and Evan Williams did some electrical work one time -- didn't turn out so well !

Up to code ?-- I'm a pot farmer in a prohibition state !-- Come inspect the wiring in my grow room ?-- Not happening ! -- No code in the woods but mine !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back