Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about ebb and flow or drip and drain too keef. But soil is working and I know dwc. A little Coco is already throwing wrenches, but maybe that's cus there's soil in the Coco? Promix seems to be what most the big dogs use, has to be a reason for it.
Proper setup looks like about 500 though. Flood table, res, res cover, flood tray, pumps, timers, chiller/heater, lines/drip emitters.... Medium and new pots. I may piece that together over time because I've always wanted to try it. NFT too, but I can't see that working well for cannabis unless you build that yourself with like 12" cpvc tube? Big ol pump and res? Outdoor only except in a cloning situation I imagine where the roots wouldn't clog the works. Maybe I start growing some butter lettuce in NFT.

Steve - Cuz I don't know !--

Nov -Everybody got to do thier own thing find thier own groove but I build my aero boxes for less than $50 each -- Add Light- nute water -plants and U growing !- Some of them bout 8 years old !-- I'm keep using them - just adapt them - keep using pretty much same nute water -- keep spraying roots -- Adapt the boxes So I don't have to open them except at harvest -- I'll be cloning in them- Then transferring the clones to a grower box -- plenty long white roots - I'll split that 2 inch aero basket and leave it in place - (it'll be tangled in the roots )-- place the plant in a 4 inch aero basket with baked clay balls -- Veg it up to bloom size -- Take it to bloom -- repeat !

Big dogs like promix because it's cheap and predictable and you can get a pallet of it delivered pretty much anywhere.
Ebb n flow using pots of hydroton is also predictable and the medium is infinitely reusable if you clean it in a big bin between uses and pick the funk out, bonus points if you toss some Cannazyme into the soak water. I love hydroton.
NFT is truly excellent for leafy fast harvest turnaround greens. Good application for that method, time-in-system is the killer. Green slime algae loves it just as much as plants.
Source: worked at an NFT basil operation for years, and about 15 hours of my work week was slime removal duty.

Happy 420 everyone. High and TIGHT here on my Mesa today and hope ya'll are all GOOD ... and HIGH! uh. Day 78 of bloom with my first ever grow. Trichs partly cloudy to very cloudy and if it takes from now until next April I'ma wait for amber. They're defoliating slower than I expected but lookin' ragged after 3 weeks of water. Next run of Crescendo and Panama Red are 6-8" and almost ready for their big girl bags.
Live Large, my Friends!

Stinky I am familiar with that blue green algea - The lids to my boxes are opaque - I grow it on the inside of my lids until it blocks out the light !- I might have some around some aero baskets if a sprayer is hitting it just right and leaking some around it into the top of the lids at times -- I take my lids outside and pressure wash them between cycle - - There's none growing the the nute water because there is no light !-- They get pressure washed too !- Refill and reload and continue to march !-- Keeping the wet on the wet side and the dry on the dry side - I avoid messing with my humidity and the algea got no place to grow !- Only do a res change once during bloom ( about once a month )-- Just topping them off otherwise -- I'll be removing the $25 pump from each box and replacing it with a homemade PVC stand and pumping the water in and letting it drain out !

Edit -- High Billy !

I used hydroton when doing dwc. It is fairly cheap and very reusable. I guess I could go back to gh 3 part but I think someone evil acquired their patents and facilities? I'm liking organic soil so far.
Speaking of new mediums, HP sir, strawberry fields is getting used soon. Maybe today if I drag my but in there. Peaceful Forest has me feeling lazy but well rested and sane. My veggies are popping soil already and we got some up potting to do before flower transition.

Botanicare !- That's my jam !-- Pro grow or pro bloom -- Using Tiger Bloom now cause it's what I got !-- Don't know what hydroton is ?-- 3 part GH ? -- I use a splash of nutes - splash of EM1 - in some good oxygenated swamp water !
Seems to have plenty trace elements in it !- I would tell U my PH but I do not have that knowledge !- I got a nice PH meter somewhere though ?

Stinky U saw my potato gun ?

I have 7 plants in promix at the moment, I'm always experimenting. Got 4 in hydrotron in dwc as well. Hate to say but I do no better in organic dirt. I do like the whole soiless idea though. I expected it to have an effect on the flavor but haven't noticed any. I seem to see it finishing faster as well. The hydrotron stuff Is expensive and a lot of work to clean if you want to reuse it. With Promix I just bust up the root ball and pull out the big stuff, just like dirt. The stuff needs to be checked for ph though. Last bale I purchased was giving me runoff at above 8, I was putting in 6.3

I just need some weight on the bottom my plants - river rock would work --
$50 - cost per box ( $25 cost at bat cave new set up )
5 -6 harvest a year per bloom box
No medium to discard or handle !
Reuse the nute water to grow things I can ferment !-
Move all water with pumps !
Hey It's my way !- U do U !-- I do me !

I liked Botanicare products. I used cal mag and a couple other bottles of stuffs they have. I have my eye on their 4*4 flood tray and table.
Kentucky guvna reminds me of the intern from 30 Rock, just all grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back