Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just waded thru several pages to catch up to you guys-- some interesting & volatile conversation. Sorry Keef be so blunt Evets, but some of your looooong & frequent posts are questionable. Presenting yourself as a young, novice grower & then making posts about stuff only an experienced grower, or google researcher, would know-- you either is or you ain't!
And, on a positive note-- I am properly waked & baked thanks to Keef! One more night to go & this tired & aching body will need all my days off to recover so I can do it again next weekend. Happy smoking all you guys!

When I first started in the O.R. it was before scopes !-- To do the same procedure that is done thru 3 little puncture holes today !-- We had to make a 10 inch incision !---Same recovery time as a total knee!-- Scopes made the job of a surgical assistant much easier ! -- Now we watch what is happening in the knee in real time on a monitor ! Hopper had that saphenous vein in his leg removed -to use to replumb his heart !- That means an incision from ankle to groin before they started taking it with a scope !-- an incision at the ankle and one in the groin and we got the vein !

When I first started in the O.R. it was before scopes !-- To do the same procedure that is done thru 3 little puncture holes today !-- We had to make a 10 inch incision !---Same recovery time as a total knee!-- Scopes made the job of a surgical assistant much easier ! -- Now we watch what is happening in the knee in real time on a monitor ! Hopper had that saphenous vein in his leg removed -to use to replumb his heart !- That means an incision from ankle to groin before they started taking it with a scope !-- an incision at the ankle and one in the groin and we got the vein !
Yeah they didnt make but two incisions in each leg but the top incisions are right where my straps go. Hurts like hell if i strap them up tight like i need them.
And i hope those veins last along time. I have changed everything to help them stay clean. I never had high cholesterol. My problem was diet and drugs.

Dala - thanks for the link !-- Shame I can't just place an online order !--Sure would make getting to harvest so much easier !---Yep the oil seems to only come in prefilled cartridges !--- Not a problem !-- I can make the oil and fill empty cartridges just like they do !--Just need my trick pony !--

Hey all its been real windy today. I did manage to cut the grass then fertilize it. Changed the cartridge filters in the pool. My cherry tree is dead. The drought took its toll. Boomer and Luna have been digging trenches from the tree to the fence. I'm guessing moles or gophers. Keef I spent some time in OR's watching laser arthroscopic surgery using contact tips and a YAG laser, and knee surgery has come a long way over the last 30 years.

Yo I'm getting ready for 4:20 loading up some Cheese...
What ya say.....:48:

I will join ya cane..smoking some cookies from last years grow.. all these are mellowing into higher cbds... I miss my speedy pot.

Kind of missed 4:20. Making chili slow cook style. I like to use 5 different beans and 2 different kinds of corn and I use ground turkey.

Dala the link for carts is the co at hempcon that was selling carts and battery pack for $25. I bought a tangie og cart and the taste really comes thru on these.

I got a Strawberry Rhino girl to add to the harem ! -- I got another Strawberry coming up behind her same Strawberry Rhino dad but the mom was my T.E. --Widow cross !--- If I can get a Strawberry pheno out of what I'm calling a Strawberry Elephant she gonna be da bomb !

Hey Keef how good is the saphenous vein . Is it smaller then what it bypassed? Just curious what im dealing with.
Ive read stories of ppl going along time without anymore problems and some ppl not so long.

Umbra could have sent me a message while he was looking those cartridges !-- I might wanted a case at that price --along with a reasonable mark up !--- It's not like I can run down to the store and pick up a cartridges !-- I get a chance I'm buying like a fist full ! ---A big fist full !--- I truly hate buying brick knowing my money is going to the cartels !--

Hopper it is much larger than what it's replacing !--- U know a little about plumbing !-- There is a blockage or even a bad narrowing !-- They run a new line from the aorta passed the blockage and attach the new pipe to the heart past the blockage restoring blood flow to that part of the heart !-- Some time when there is more than one blockage they can run the same line (vein) past several blockages attaching it past each of the blockage !--- The most reliable is to dissect down the mammary artery from inside the chest wall and redirect it past a blockage !--It's an artery --U just changing where it goes !

I had a triple.
Okay,,cool,,what happens to the ones that got bypassed?

I sat in a friends recovery room with him..I will never forget it in my life...All he had on was underwear and a million tubes....He had 6 bypass'done. We were with him and his wife for a week at sacred heart. Scary stuff. His legs were the worse part in healing. His beautiful black legs show the scares pretty well. He is fine...a bit of kidney damage but still here.. isn't it amazing what you guys have witnessed good and bad in your life time.

Dala the link for carts is the co at hempcon that was selling carts and battery pack for $25. I bought a tangie og cart and the taste really comes thru on these.

Thought you would recognize them :)

I sat in a friends recovery room with him..I will never forget it in my life...All he had on was underwear and a million tubes....He had 6 bypass'done. We were with him and his wife for a week at sacred heart. Scary stuff. His legs were the worse part in healing. His beautiful black legs show the scares pretty well. He is fine...a bit of kidney damage but still here.. isn't it amazing what you guys have witnessed good and bad in your life time.

I have a friend who used to be in medicine, really amazing what can be done these days.

Like water blood will take the path of least resistance !-- The blood is flowing around the blockage back into the cardiac arteries !--- Think U can sew ? -- It's like sewing a water hose together and making it watertight ! -- Can't do it without glasses equipped with loops !--- An incision is made down the sternum the we use a power saw to cut down the middle of the sternum !-- Then we put a jack in the incision and spread the sternum and ribs out the way to give use room to work !-- The pericardial sack ( a sack the heart is in !-- We would put some sutures in tacking it up so the heart was resting in a bowl !-- We then hooked up a bypass around the heart and lungs which went to the heart lung bypass machine !-- We then pour wet frozen slush on the heart to make it stop beating !--- At this point the patient is dead !-- No heart beat --No brain activity !-- So we would do our thing bypassing all the blockages !--Then comes the scary part !--- Warm them back up and shock the heart !--Most times it starts right back up !--Sometimes it was a perfect operation but the heart won't keep beating !--There are only a few bypass machines in any hospital !-- A patient could be kept I've on a bypass machine for days while the heart repairs itself !-- But after a while with no success at getting the heart to keep beating !-- The machine is needed else where !-- The machine is disconnected and time of death noted !

Scary stuff coming out of Ohio. Sounds like the family that was executed was involved with growing. I am pretty sure one member on here is from Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back