Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
part of the winterizing, beyond fat and lipid removal are the trace amount of butane. Its more about polar solvents. Alcohol is much easier to remove. Between methanol and ethanol, ethanol has less toxicity. I can see this being regulated very quickly.

Keef! The kid just informed me that my phone is made from ballistic Kevlar nylon. I'm thinking a '14 with AP rounds would still work. If not, I'm sure a golf ball sized chunk of Semtex would send it to the next county.

That's what I love about the O.F.C Brain Trust !-- Hippie just confirmed that I can use denatured alcohol !- under vacuum in a water bath warmed to about 180 and the methanol comes off first -- and I do want to remove ALL solvent !-- See back when I was single I used to hang out in the lab with this gorgeous pair of twin lab techs !-- Good times but I learned a lot too ! Did U know about all the things associated with manipulating the benzene ring ? Wish I would have paid more attention to lab stuff instead of the twins !

HEHEHE! There ya go talking my forgotten language.
Benzene ring is a beautiful thing, and fun to play with too!

Gloman in da house !-- that benzene reference was for U Cuz ! Wish I knew half what U know about those Thangs ! Guys - I had to go fill up the car for RWS who just left for work - the second of 3 in a row !-- Anyway on the drive home my Muse came to me !-- He started coming around after my head injury --- Umbra probably got a Muse to so he might understand !-- Loki -is the name I call my Muse! Loki don't talk he puts pictures of mechanical things in my mind and leaves me to figure it out !-- The picture I saw today was of a fine extraction machine !-- Some of U understand what reflux means for the others -- I saw a device much like a perculater coffee pot !-- the hot water rises through a central tube and drip down thru the coffee grounds this is repeated over and over ! -- I saw a device that performed like that but at temps below freezing ! Instead of heat moving the solvent a small aquarium pump forces ice cold alcohol up so it can filter down thru the shredded weed over and over again until most of the THC is dissolved in the alcohol !-- it should increase the yield since it should dissolved the left over THC U guys use to make butter !-- the whole extraction process can be done at low temps in the freezer ! Can anyone tell me why this is a bad or flawed concept !

Gloman in da house !-- that benzene reference was for U Cuz ! Wish I knew half what U know about those Thangs ! Guys - I had to go fill up the car for RWS who just left for work - the second of 3 in a row !-- Anyway on the drive home my Muse came to me !-- He started coming around after my head injury --- Umbra probably got a Muse to so he might understand !-- Loki -is the name I call my Muse! Loki don't talk he puts pictures of mechanical things in my mind and leaves me to figure it out !-- The picture I saw today was of a fine extraction machine !-- Some of U understand what reflux means for the others -- I saw a device much like a perculater coffee pot !-- the hot water rises through a central tube and drip down thru the coffee grounds this is repeated over and over ! -- I saw a device that performed like that but at temps below freezing ! Instead of heat moving the solvent a small aquarium pump forces ice cold alcohol up so it can filter down thru the shredded weed over and over again until most of the THC is dissolved in the alcohol !-- it should increase the yield since it should dissolved the left over THC U guys use to make butter !-- the whole extraction process can be done at low temps in the freezer ! Can anyone tell me why this is a bad or flawed concept !

Or use an anti griddle

Cooking device for instantly freezing items, it runs at subzero temps. You old farts need to hit the cooking network, they are always using it on Iron Chef.

Morning O.F.C. !-- an anti griddle I don't got but a freezer will work just fine -- Welcome Lyfespan -- Welcome to the O.F.C.-- We's a wild bunch !--

I'll stick to my 70's ISO-2 remake. Like you imagine Keef. It works like a coffee maker and a still combined. just not a cold setup. I use 2 1/2 cups of everclear and I recoup a little over 1 cup .the rest is lost in the process . But like Umbra highlighted, It is safe. It is limited to about a quarter of a pound per batch.
At the cannabis cup they were selling vacuum ovens for extracting the solvents. But they were pretty expensive. You would have to be a pretty big operation to make them worth while.

Good morning OFC.

I heard that Bozzo !-- Many of the O.F.C. are retired, living on a pension or retirement pension !-- On the other hand many of us have trade skills of one sort or another ! One the other hand some of us can build or adapt just about anything we need !-- Together it becomes the brain trust !-- U got a question somebody here got the answer ! I might have to invest in one of them ISO machine Bozzo !-- Speaking of which I need to give respect to Beemer !-- I clone from clones and used to take them while the plants were in veg. -- they clone out just fine but I wanted to know if Bill was right or wrong about when to take clones after saying that I take ones from plant 2-3 weeks into bloom !-- He was RIGHT -- taking them then has reduced rooting time by about 4 days !! On Mailbox again today !

Morning, Gents. I made RSO one time the old fashioned way and vowed not to bother doing it again until I came up with a better idea. I made a still out of an old pressure cooker, a condenser out of soft copper tubing, a coil cooler out of a coffee can, and used the mash I'd been utilizing for CO2 production to make the alcohol.

It dawned on me, why couldn't I do the RSO conventionally, strain all the vegetable matter out, chuck it back in the still, and reclaim the alcohol? You'd never get the goodies above 180 degrees or so, so it wouldn't hurt the RSO, and you catch the alcohol condensation to reuse it at a further date. Once you got the batch thickened considerably, I'd let the rest evaporate via air. I don't think you'd have enough ethanol residue left to match what's in a 3/2 beer. Any water could be carefully poured off.

My coffee can cooler is being replaced with a coil in a igloo water jug, hooked up to a recirculating pump drawing ice water from a laundry tub, which should work a lot better than chucking more and more ice in a quickly heating coffee can and dealing with the spill over.

This is all from the brain of a high school dropout, so try it at your own risk. I know for a fact that the still part works. I wound up with some 180 proof shine. Anyone sampling it claimed it was good! I did the fermentation in 5 gallon plastic carboys with home made air locks, with two pounds of cracked corn, two pounds of sugar, and a package of cheap Fleishman's yeast. Once the bubbles stopped, I chucked in another two pounds of sugar and let her start all over again. Didn't need to add corn or yeast as long as the water being added was warm.

I'm down with easy !-- Bozzo where I get one of them Iso machines-- How much they cost ? Would it fit in a standup freezer with no shelves ! Sounds like the best thing since sliced bread to me !-- U mentioned it before and I thought for making Cannabutter ! Mane I get tired of building stuff !-- if there is a machine that will make RSO -- I'll spend the money !! Now an homogenizer and I'm good !

I'll stick to my 70's ISO-2 remake. Like you imagine Keef. It works like a coffee maker and a still combined. just not a cold setup. I use 2 1/2 cups of everclear and I recoup a little over 1 cup .the rest is lost in the process . But like Umbra highlighted, It is safe. It is limited to about a quarter of a pound per batch.
At the cannabis cup they were selling vacuum ovens for extracting the solvents. But they were pretty expensive. You would have to be a pretty big operation to make them worth while.

Good morning OFC.

I really enjoyed the closed loop system demo, those guys were pretty Kool. Another one is that extraction contraption with the stil attachment, it uses dry ice, but it's just for rough concentrates.

e bay baby. called a flower tower now ,but it is a duplicate of the ISO-2 machine of the 70's. $500. stands about 3 feet tall.

but you could make one. heat source is a light bulb

Morning O.F.C. !-- an anti griddle I don't got but a freezer will work just fine -- Welcome Lyfespan -- Welcome to the O.F.C.-- We's a wild bunch !--

Maybe a wild bunch, but you guys are the only ones talking about refinement of MJ oil. I would love to see more plastics and other daily use items made from the reifning of hemp and MJ oils.

This forum and it's member always make me feel welcome, we got great minds here.

I heard that Bozzo !-- Many of the O.F.C. are retired, living on a pension or retirement pension !-- On the other hand many of us have trade skills of one sort or another ! One the other hand some of us can build or adapt just about anything we need !-- Together it becomes the brain trust !-- U got a question somebody here got the answer ! I might have to invest in one of them ISO machine Bozzo !-- Speaking of which I need to give respect to Beemer !-- I clone from clones and used to take them while the plants were in veg. -- they clone out just fine but I wanted to know if Bill was right or wrong about when to take clones after saying that I take ones from plant 2-3 weeks into bloom !-- He was RIGHT -- taking them then has reduced rooting time by about 4 days !! On Mailbox again today !

Oooooooo, clones from a flowering mother? Supercrop clones? I had tremendous results from a supercrop clone, the trich production was almost 3x the clones taken from the same mother.

While I'm not retired yet, I'm not the richest guy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back