Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning O.F.C. !-- Welcome to the club Kravenhead !-- U got questions somebody here got answers !-- there's a couple wild eyed southern Outlaws around that understand the risk of growing under threat of jail !- Like me !-- I grew in dirt until I had a run in with them dam dog pecker knats -- bought an aero cloner -- saw how it worked and started to building my own !-- I run a White Widow SOG rotation - aero under LEDs ! Hey guys that rosemary I put in my cloner looks all perky this morning -- might just root out for me ! Should be able to take the top off 2 of the T.E. babies and the P.C. around the first - root it out and sex it!-- My new LEDs is da bomb !-- I've had problems getting the Widow bud to harden up !- Looks like I found the answer !-- the box for harvest on the first are rock hard already ! I do love me some Widow in the morning !

I'm 46 here and been at it almost 30 years now, I went from outside guerrilla grows (I live in the southeast) to indoor soil and HID lighting and now I have transitioned into hydro....first timer though...just started my first DWC with Barney's Farms Critical Kush.

welcome to the ofc from another southerner.

I remember some green bud but it was from Hawaii. The first seedless weed we got in the 70's was a piney flavor sativa from Hawaii, but I have seen anything like that in a long time.

thanks anyway, it's bad when we lose strains we liked. i hoping to try to get some timewarp and see what it does. everybody says northern lights is piney, but the one i grew wasn't piney at all. i got 4 or 5 more brans maybe i should give it another try.

Yo Giggy -- that piney bud that numbs your lips ? When prohibition ends maybe we can recreate some of these old faves !-- I'm seeking that G.E. weed someone is gonna create sooner or later -- Something like those U.B.C. myths like U.B.C. Chemo , Indica 50 except for real !-- I believe the plants exist already !-- I kinda understand because if I had a variety like that --- I wouldn't let it out of my hands either !

Looks like come spring or so I'll have this rotation up to harvesting a square meter every two weeks with a goal of about 500 grams per meter -- jar the uniform kolas and extract everything else ! Then when prohibition ends I hope to kick it up to a 100-120 lbs a year ! That should be a manageable mom and pop grow especially when it is broken down into a harvest every two weeks!-- The wife wanted to rumble when I told her I was gonna need the spare bedroom !- Wonder what she gonna say when I tell her I'll be needing the whole house after prohibition ends ?

welcome to the ofc from another southerner.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I'm sparking some Master Kush from last grow as we speak. The move to hydro has got me really excited, so far everything I have put in the water has grown fast except ma' pecker...My master kush popped two days ago and it looks awesome, it looks a week old and it continues to grow like a monster. A lil' luck and some old skills and I think this is going to be a fun grow, I may never go back to soil. Feel free to drop in on my grow and see how and ol' fart does his first hydro.

Umbra -- What do U know of Jordan of the Islands and what he calls Chemo ? Chemo vs. Blockhead what would be your choice ? Kravenhead - once U do some water pharming it is hard to go back !- I root out a mess of clones and grow them up to about 8" and move them to bloom -- my aero boxes have 34 grow spots but about 24 make a nice Sea of Green -- they finish at about 18" !--any higher they get top heavy before harvest ! The Widow ain't recommended for a SOG but I got a couple phenos that work ! My old Widow be coming up on 18 months old with no end in sight ! Got baby T.E. plants coming on strong !

Yo Giggy -- that piney bud that numbs your lips ? When prohibition ends maybe we can recreate some of these old faves !-- I'm seeking that G.E. weed someone is gonna create sooner or later -- Something like those U.B.C. myths like U.B.C. Chemo , Indica 50 except for real !-- I believe the plants exist already !-- I kinda understand because if I had a variety like that --- I wouldn't let it out of my hands either !
keef i don't remember it numbing my lips but i remember being really stoned from it. it smelled and tasted just like pine needles.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I'm sparking some Master Kush from last grow as we speak. The move to hydro has got me really excited, so far everything I have put in the water has grown fast except ma' pecker...My master kush popped two days ago and it looks awesome, it looks a week old and it continues to grow like a monster. A lil' luck and some old skills and I think this is going to be a fun grow, I may never go back to soil. Feel free to drop in on my grow and see how and ol' fart does his first hydro.
no problem, glad to have you here with us.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Ugh !-- stuff hurts !-- temp might reach 75 today -- Time for Keef to get baked !

Umbra -- What do U know of Jordan of the Islands and what he calls Chemo ? Chemo vs. Blockhead what would be your choice ? Kravenhead - once U do some water pharming it is hard to go back !- I root out a mess of clones and grow them up to about 8" and move them to bloom -- my aero boxes have 34 grow spots but about 24 make a nice Sea of Green -- they finish at about 18" !--any higher they get top heavy before harvest ! The Widow ain't recommended for a SOG but I got a couple phenos that work ! My old Widow be coming up on 18 months old with no end in sight ! Got baby T.E. plants coming on strong !
I know very little about their chemo. All I ever grew of theirs was sweet island skunk.

Morning fellers, coffees on, mammals are fed, and a bowl is getting burnt what a way to start the day..

Not a great start to the morning. Woke up out of a sound sleep hollering in pain. Damn back! Damn me for earning my money the hard way!

Thirty degrees, snows almost gone, and it's beer day. Going to burn a bowl and crawl to the shower. Maybe the hot water will help. It pays to die young!

Made a batch of cream chipped beef yesterday. Haven't even felt like trying it, but the wife tucked into a dollop on some toast and gave it her seal of approval. If I can get mobile, I'll take some to Mom and see how she likes it. If I don't make sure she eats, she'll go a couple of days without eating anything. Don't know if she forgets to eat or just doesn't get hungry anymore.

My sympathy Hippie !- Some days it even hurts to think !-- I'm moving a little better but not up to a foot race !-- Somedays it just bees that way !- Thanks Umbra ! Just doing some widow shopping !-- I like the looks of this T.E. but the P.C. free seed that came with the order looks like something I would want too !-- Be sexing them soon -- might have to pop the 3 P.C. seed I have left if the one I have up comes up male or hermie !--

Once the Hippie ask how long I felt comfortable leaving my aero boxes -- I replied something like 2-3 weeks-- I would like to take that back !-- after the spider mites and my "cure" which was almost as bad!- ( there is a reason U don't put wet plants under lights ) then a minor electrical plug problem --- I'm afraid to leave them overnight ! Lost some fresh cuts but everything else is recovering -- rosemary looks like it will root out fine in my cloner -- that should keep the mites out but I'm getting some rosemary oils anyway ! Soon as everything recovers I'm adding an additional box to my rotation !

Things are going well with my 1st Grow. I will be able to wake and back in 2 months time, can't wait

My only outstanding issue is "Humidity" My research says Seedlings need 70 - 80 % rH and 50 - 70 rH for the vegetative stage.

Here is my Issue:

When starting my 1st grow the humidity was at 32%. I bought from Amazon what I thought was the best buy Humidifier for a One room rig. It started off ok but about 20 minutes later the mist was just air. The temperature in my Grow Room is between 72 and 78 Degrees F. The instruction say not to use hot water when filling the tank. I think the room temperature is actually heating up the water in the humidifier and preventing me from getting a mist.

Tried the humidifier in another room after 1 hour and it worked fine. I have a call into the manufacturer to see if they can get me buy this issue.

I have been spraying my plants with water and a dash of worm compost tea. They perk right up. I have water containers filled with water around the room and that does nothing. I don't want to spend any more money to resolve this problem.

I would appreciate any thoughts you may have to help me solve the problem.

Thanks, tapco1

DId you check the humidity when it started to blow just air? Maybe it jwas just cycling.

Moved my humidifier away from my lights and within a half hour it took off.

Problem Solved :vap-leafy_wave:

Humidity is now 55 - 65 degrees and my temperature is running between 72 -76 degrees.

Think these cute little seedlings like my home made Worm Compost Tea.

Their leaves are pointed upward like a dog on the hunt.

Can't wait till I wake and bake with you guys

Tapco1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back