Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we do the light bright jokes here. the surgery is what scares me and has for a long time. then i read this, where a buddy on a car site i belong to, that came on late the week before and says, i lost my donna today and she went in my arms. he came back to let us know what happen, seems she had knee surgery and about 9 days later she had a blood clot. i know this can happen anytime but when i had my tumor removed i had a asthma attack while on the table, i have never had asthma in my life, so i get my attention real quick.

I read a book about it and it scares me to death. I have never had surgery and I am 6almost3... My sister had a friend that had a stroke with one knee replacement and a heart attack with the second.. NO thank you. I take a lot of natural stuff, anti inflammatories like Ginger and collagen complex and I am working out to be stronger so if i had to have it I could take care of myself. I will do anything to avoid it. Glad to hear I am not the only one giggy.

All good, my belief is the least invasive the better. To be honest each town has maybe 1 or 2 good knee doc's...I have seen many horror stories personally. My advice is if you ever have to have it done, wait till the other one goes, get them both at the same time.....cause the pain and rehab is so intense you will only go through that once!

Kraven -- When I started in the O.R. it was before scopes -- 12 inch incision for a for any knee surgery !--Ya'll quit being sissies about surgery !-- After having to run away from the hospital to get up after shattering my face , I had to walk back into that place of Woe for surgery to reconstruct my face !-- Kraven - I had a Complex Zygomatic / Maxilary repair with plates and screws ! Since no one ever checked or stabilized my c-spine it was 6 months before the 3 bulged disc in my neck ! Woke upin recovery room in 4 point restraints !--Seems I woke up fighting ! Never been that scared all my life !

See, it is stories like that make me crazy. Your poor face. who you calling a sissy. I had natural childbirth. LOL.

It was a year before I was diagnosed with traumatic brain injury and post traumatic stress disorder !-- Come a long ways since those dark days of almost suicidal agony ! There were times I knew I could not trust my own instincts !-- but guess what -- HE'S BACK !!!

I read a book about it and it scares me to death. I have never had surgery and I am 6almost3... My sister had a friend that had a stroke with one knee replacement and a heart attack with the second.. NO thank you. I take a lot of natural stuff, anti inflammatories like Ginger and collagen complex and I am working out to be stronger so if i had to have it I could take care of myself. I will do anything to avoid it. Glad to hear I am not the only one giggy.

i'm not a paranoid person till it comes to something like a surgery on myself or one of my love ones. i had to have my hand put back together two surgeries, and then i had a warthin's tumor i had to get removed. and i a grown man was terrified even with the minor one i have had to have, hell i cringe to needles.

Kraven -- When I started in the O.R. it was before scopes -- 12 inch incision for a for any knee surgery !--Ya'll quit being sissies about surgery !-- After having to run away from the hospital to get up after shattering my face , I had to walk back into that place of Woe for surgery to reconstruct my face !-- Kraven - I had a Complex Zygomatic / Maxilary repair with plates and screws ! Since no one ever checked or stabilized my c-spine it was 6 months before the 3 bulged disc in my neck ! Woke upin recovery room in 4 point restraints !--Seems I woke up fighting ! Never been that scared all my life !

bro aint no sissy, i'll stand up to a buzz saw if i have to, but surgery scares the crap out of me. lol. when they removed the tumor from my throat area i was on the table almost 3 hours. while i was under i had a asthma attack, i have never had asthma and don't now. but i do have sleep apnea.

The white coats claim surgery is the only thing that'll take away my pain, but I ain't doin' it. Working union construction my entire life, I've seen the aftereffects. It's pretty much flip a nickel. 48% say they wished they'd gotten the operation twenty years ago, 48% say they wish they'd left good enough alone, and 4% walked in to the hospital and came out in a wheel chair, never to walk again.

I figure if I wait 'til I'm already in a chair, I've got nothing to lose. Right now, this bowl full of bubble from a batch that's two years old is helping out a lot! Besides, I don't have to look too long or far to find some poor bastard that's a hell of a lot worse off than I am!

I had always been on the giving end of surgery . This was my first time on the recieving end !-- Most likely my last !-- Terrifying experience !-- I was pretty much a bed bound invalid until Katrina.-- just laying around feeling sorry for myself !-- The next morning when I looked out at the damage -- I got up dusted off my chain saw and went out to help !-- It was clear that help couldn't get in if they wanted to !-- couldn't trust the grip on my left hand so I duct taped it to the chainsaw !-- Came out that swamp without any help but a couple bags of ice !--

John Sinclair was at the 420 party in Flint . he spends a lot of time there. Smoked a big one with him.

Would like to meet and set down and talk and burn one with him.

Good morning OFC. Bright and early this morning, who am I fooling ? It`s still dark out. But I`m up, so, coffee`s done, bowl`s full, it`s "wake and bake" time in Curmudgeonland.

morning yooper and the rest of the ofc. wake but no bake this morning, just didn't feel it yet today. anyway i got my coffee and eyes open. yall have a great day. peace

Yawn= silent scream for coffee.

Coffee in hand, eyes opened, dab on the pin and torch on the nail.

Morning O.F.C. !-- getting tight at the beach this morning -- I bet Keef didn't tell U it wasn't force of will that got him out the swamp -- it was chemistry ! Rose I need to move more how do U motivate yourself to excercise -- I'd feel so much better !--

do you still have the cup I gave you? If you go there on April 20th you will be able to sit and smoke one with him.

Sure do, it`s become one of my prized possessions. Luv it. 4/20 at 4C`s huh ?

:vap_bong__emoticon: watch that first dab, it's a doozy.

Morning one and all. Surgery is scary, no doubt. I have seen many procedures in the OR, from colonoscopies to open heart surgeries. But in my mind, its not the procedure to be worried about, its the MD. If you heard some of the things they say when the patient is unconscious, would scare you heck of a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back