Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I smoked weed that gave me real munchies-- just ate chili with spicy ketchup & cheetohs! And it was really good! HIGH by the beach......

Watched "I Saw the Light." Cried like a baby! Good portrayal of Hank Williams. Think I'll climb on board that Dreamweaver train.........

Evening All !-- I know what U mean Nick !-- It ain't going nowhere !-- When U need it you'll finish it !--

Hippy -- I use the Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series with 5 watt chips !-- I been in them and only thing that is a problem is the light board itself !-- The rest is off the shelf stuff !-- Can U build a light board with replaceable chips !-- I got 2 I got a problem with !-- They hook the chips up in series !--One chip goes bad the whole series stops working !-- A design flaw in my book !

The mars hydros I looked at had zeners so only the bad led would be out
I am looking for the right parts to build them. I keep getting side tracked and looking at cob led seem more efficient. And more expensive.

Morning OFC

Morning O.F.C !--
Hippy I need to take those 2 Mars Hydro apart !--I've got some 3 watt chip lights that are over 2 year old and one whole side quit working !-- I have some small LEDs half quit on them from a bad chip !-- I know there's 2 circuits in the Mars and half shut down so I assumed it was a chip in that series !-- I'll swap out the little ballast things and see if that's what it is !

Morning O.F.C !--
Hippy I need to take those 2 Mars Hydro apart !--I've got some 3 watt chip lights that are over 2 year old and one whole side quit working !-- I have some small LEDs half quit on them from a bad chip !-- I know there's 2 circuits in the Mars and half shut down so I assumed it was a chip in that series !-- I'll swap out the little ballast things and see if that's what it is !

If they are just led in series and No row of zeners, Then it should just be a bad led. If it does have the row of zeners I would look at the driver on the bad side.
In theory if it a bad led. solder a wire from the last good led to the next good led and they should light up.
Those zener allow current to flow if a chip goes bad.

I'll look Hippy !-- I don't know what a zener is but from what U said if it has one I'll see it when I open the light !-- Only thing It make take awhile to find which one went bad !-- I'd like to be able to just switch light boards !--- I'd like custom light boards for veg and some for bloom !-- Green Santa be head out on a seed run today !-- Hippy should have plenty seed by the weekend !

Hippy bloom lights come on in about an hour -- I gotta go thru bloom to get to veg. where I got those lights -- Lights come on I'll take the cover off one of those bad Mars and post a pic of the inside guts !-- Show U what I'm working with !

A bad led should be discolored and pretty easy to tell. Just for fun I have hit 1 watt led with 9v of power They glow bright but not for long.

Anyone seen my Phillips head screwdriver ?-- How can sheet just dissappear ? -- I loose stuff sometimes !-- It'll show up !-- I got several till I need one !-- inside is a fan with motor - a ballast thing and a light board !
O.K. where's my pipe ? -- I need my pipe !-- Messed around and got lit up already !

I went to mar hydro site. If they have always made quality protected led lights. I am thinking driver or the black box. Should be a cheap fix.

I really do have a Phillips head screwdriver I ain't making it up !-- I hear what U saying Hippy !-- It can only be 2 things -- The driver went out or they got those dam chips hooked up in series and one of the chips went out !-- I got 2 down for same problem !-- U need 2 good hands to do fine solder work !-- Ole lefty is mostly only good for holding stuff down !--

Look out !-- She pretty Nick !-- I know that smell !-- I want to see if U say it's like blueberry muffins or just blueberry she changes a little as she develops !-- U doing it right Cuz !

Hippy -- Seed to that that B.B. King up there should be in your hand by weekend !--- U see what Bud doing to her step sister on a Bubblicious mom -- That's in there too !

Morning Umbra !-- See what U did ?-- I've seen what U did with that mighty BPU stud now I got stuff I be sexing soon that U used a male from The White on several girls !-- Don't know what criteria U used to pic a male -- Even if it was just instinct -- I'm eager to see what U did !-- If he was anywhere near as good as that BPU ? -- This gonna be da bomb !--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back