Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ? No wake and bake in Curmudgeonland yet this morning ? We gonna take care of that. OK now, it`s time for the morning ritual, coffee in one hand, bowl in the other and now it`s wake and bake time. Any joiners ?
i came in earlier made out my post and then got a data base erroe. and any rate morning ofc.

Hi yopper, i will join you.

Sorry that happened Giggy, good morning.

Kraven is it the high fever flu? I am so sorry, get well...

Coffee is hot... pot is coming on .......NOW.

Morning O.F.C. !-- I did it again got up at about 6 -- got lit and forgot to check in !-- Dam Widow make U forget stuff ! Got my pharming done and gonna sit and do a 2nd Wake and Bake with my peeps !- Rose is up early !-- Kraven maybe U need a dose pack !-- it'll keep U on your feet but it would be best just to treat the symptoms and let it run it's course ! 188 proof ?-- U got that thump bucket dialed in Cuz !- U use a black pot submarine or a copper pot ? A Hot Tottie with some honey and lemon might help !-- listen to me tell a nurse how to take care of the flu ! I gotta find my pipe !

Morning everyone. Wake n bake began before I even got on line. Went to make coffee and the coffee maker died. Very frustrating. It was about a year old. I bought myself a new coffee maker when I moved to Cali. Stainless steel, programmable, really very nice. I pulled out my old coffee maker, it was a $12 Walmart special. In so many ways, this is how my life goes; the flashy new possession that costs way too much and doesn't last, only to be replaced by a reliable, cost effective replacement. There is meaning in everything, if you see it that way. I've been having a very tough time with work, and have a tendency to let my mind wander, lol.

Umbra, sometimes it is the older more comfortable version that is the best. That is what I think about my husband. ha. We have had 5-6 espresso machines that cost under 200 bucks a piece.... i fear when this one breaks we will be in for big money and i won't like it the way i do my old comfortable cheap machine....

It took me a year to get the hang of driving my new car last year... I couldn't bop around like i used too... a year later I can bop. I ramble...sorry.

Repairing LEDs last night !-- Why would someone build a light board so that when one LED burns out , the rest quit too , and they are soldered in place !-- one LED burns out U have to replace the whole light board !- Bastids !- So I'll replace the light board ! Ain't nothing easy ! Still no sex indicators on T.E. or P.C. - my gut say 3 girls out of 3 !-- 60s and overcast today --

wake and bake .I'm here great day down here . cold gone for a while. coffee is on and bake coming soon.

Good morning weed everyone. Almost coffeeed out but not wake and baking. Need to use the tablesaw today so I think I will reframe from baking. Coffee machines get you hooked and then Bam let you down. About 5 years ago we got hooked on the K-cup brewing system and the first one crapped out about a year ago so we bought another one. DUH I think we should went with a french press or something that brings the cost down. We all love our coffee. Have a great day all.

I got away from coffee and caffeine completely for about 3 years. But have gone back to drinking coffee. Soda not so much. Energy drinks I never touch. My mother had a percolator type coffee pot, that she always used. Part of the handle had cracked and my Aunt threw it away. My mother went and got it out of the trash. My Aunt was surprised and asked why she would want a coffee pot with a broken handle? My mom's answer, because it makes good coffee.

Beemer, table saws and weed go fine together. Number one rule is count your fingers before you start and after you're done. If the count comes up the same, good job!

Found out something I never knew yesterday. Did you know eating free range chickens is bad for your health? There's been a hawk hanging around like my back yard is an all you can eat chicken buffet. He'd taken four in five days, and would have been five if I hadn't chased him off of the last one. Well, apparently chicken wasn't good for his diet. Plenty of fat squirrels and bunnies around, but he just had to have his daily chicken. Found him dead, out by the coup. Too much naturally grown meat or lead poisoning?:)

One can only wonder........

Are sprinkles in order?

Not for the hawk! The flock sure could use some; they live to die another day.

My chickens die from old age or predation. I love to eat chicken, but when you've raised 'em from the egg, it's hard to kill 'em. I can't, anyways. I have no qualms about eating their delicious eggs, though.

Afternoon OFC, managed to get outa bed for a bit. Fever is up and down, just a nasty case of the flu. I started tamaflu yesterday so it should only really kick my but for a couple of days and I should be able to power through the rest...I just think today and tomorrow will the worse. Glad to see you all. hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Gonna try and get through another bowl, no drugs=pain....I have non-specific small bowel disease. they cut me open last summer and did not find any cancer just a bunch of sub-mucosal tissue that is not normal, but not cancer either.....it's my Gulf War illness. Gov't knows I have it but has no clue how to fix it...they really messed us up in South West Asia. Have two friends that have died as a result of what I have but their deaths cannot fully be explained, basically their bowels just seemed to quit functioning...and they wont even grant me a disability since i cannot prove it's service related.....whole agent orange thing all over again! Sorry did not mean to rant, just sick and I hurt....love you all. peace.

Get better soon Kraven. Rest, smoke, rest, drink fluid.. oh i forgot you know all that. Just get better.

krav,
Hope you gonna be all back to normal soon. Take care of yourself first. Another Agent Orange ? I hope to hell not. Think some of my problems could be traced back to A.O., but the V.A. says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back