Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reload everything from 5.56 through .458WM. Saw this crap coming 20 years ago. Started stocking up back when you could get a thousand rounds delivered for $110. Beat the big primer shortage a few years back, too.

An old school chum is on the local FD. Told him if the fire is on the north end of the house to dump everything he's got on it. If it's on the south end, evacuate the neighborhood, head for the tree line, and enjoy the show.

Critters are fed; Time to feed my head.:)
Morning OFC. My son had a discussion about controlling ammo, and I put it to him this way; in Utah they only brew 3.5% abv beer, but you can still get wine @ 12% and whiskey @ 80% or higher, so it doesn't stop you if you want to get drunk. So if they stop manufacturing the .223, there is still the 5.56 and 7.26 that will still penetrate a vest. Time for wake n bake :vap-bobby_on_the_be

Yes, they are trying to ban the sale of 5.56 Green Tip M855 ammo only, as of right now at least. The reasoning is it contains a Steel Core in the projectile. This was not on the original "cop killer" ammo ban, as that ban was only directed at handgun ammo.

They now sell an "AR-15" pistol, that will fire that ammo, and since it is considered a handgun, they are trying to lump in the M855 5.56 ammo as an unsafe handgun ammo.
A loophole for sure.
Try finding M855 on the internet. It is already crazy overpriced, and it was just getting to Pre-Sandy Hook prices.
The talk of the ban has caused a frenzied buying of all AR-15 ammo, not just the M855, but it is only the M855 that they are considering banning.

Funny thing is, there has been NO reported cases of a cop being shot with an AR-15 pistol!

They also made a handgun version of the M1 Carbine. The FMJ Carbine round is notorious for penetrating Kevlar vests. Ruger used to make a single action revolver in that caliber. Wonder why the BATFE hasn't been all over that?

I don't know any "right wing religious terrorists" that don't practice head shots.:)

Let 'em ban what they will. Anybody they should be scared of is already sitting on mountains of goodies.......

I think you are talking about the Lar-15 pistol, I have a couple of Lar-15 10 round magazines for my rifle, we are limited to 5 rounds in Canada.

Just like weed if there is a demand someone is gonna fill it !- When it becomes illegal ,it just drives the price up !-- it gets high enough someone sets up a screw machine ( automatic turret lathe) and a punch press and start cranking out brass bullet cases !-- demand drives supply -- down here on the southern border 90% of guns bought at gunshow are headed for Mexico !-- a new in the box AR-15 bought for $2,500 can fetch U $25,000 in Mexico !-- Ammo same mark up ! We got a problem down here folks !

I can't solve the problems of the world this afternoon so I might as well get high !-- Time for the Afternoon Burn here !-- Use whatever excuse U need but fire it up !

One of the most important lessons I learned in the aftermath of Katrina was how valuable a set of nightvision goggles would have been !-- From experience I say they are a must in a disaster kit !

I bought my son a Soviet surplus night vision mono goggle. He gave to a friend before we moved to Cali. They are cheap enough, I may buy another for him.

NVG's, 30mm spotting scope, 30 cal model 700WM with a Barska 6-24x50 scope, plenty of rounds. I bet you'll never see me, and I can drop you at 1000+ meters. Enough shop talk, if ya got it burn it! Coffee in hand PAX in the other, evening OFC....

I reload everything from 5.56 through .458WM. Saw this crap coming 20 years ago. Started stocking up back when you could get a thousand rounds delivered for $110. Beat the big primer shortage a few years back, too.

An old school chum is on the local FD. Told him if the fire is on the north end of the house to dump everything he's got on it. If it's on the south end, evacuate the neighborhood, head for the tree line, and enjoy the show.

Critters are fed; Time to feed my head.:)

before i move to this state i gave my bullet and shot gun shell reloaders to my younger brothers, as well as my rifle and shot gun. after 30 years things have been misplaced. they have so many rifles and shot guns that mine have blended in and don't know which is which. i guess we all shouldn't have bought the same guns. i have found two different sets of reloaders but mine where red and the ones they have are green and gray (i think).

Thick fog and 70 at the beach today !-- Mane ya'll make me wanna go shoot something !-- Hey if anyone is interested - I did some research and Umbra's real name is D.B. Cooper !-- Just what I thought !-- The O.F.C. don't care ! We mostly interested in weed stuff ! I gots a fine Tranquil Elephantizer Lady and a Gentleman too !-- He'll be spenting some time with this indica heavy pheno Widow I got !-- The Lady Elephant is already working !- I got 6 clones and one that will finish the bloom cycle so I can see how long she takes ! One thing is for sure - I'll be cloning the Hell out that girl !

keef we hit 80 or 81 deg. today with a low tonight of 31º and tomorrows high of 33º with freezing rain starting tonight till late tomorrow. at this rate we may have another april blizzard.

It was 81 here yesterday with a low of 58 and today I think we hit 80 again and tonight's lows are gonna be around 50ish....think there is one more cold snap coming and then we are done, nothing but the steam rising from the ground as the sun scorches the sand. If I could only take advantage of it where I live, would take a chain saw to cut it down in October lol.

~giggle~

:banana:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UCFNOPJIJU[/ame]

Kraven U a freak !-- Minions !-- I'd party with U Cuz- Such a sick sense of humor !- I love it ! I think I might be the highest I've been today ! Got my LEDs in today !-- ay before yesterday UPS brought me 3 gallons of nutes and additives - yesterday he brought me aero pumps and bubblers - today he brought my LEDs !-- Today when he made the delivery he asked how the crop was doing !-- Nice guy !

Kraven U a freak !-- Minions !-- I'd party with U Cuz- Such a sick sense of humor !- I love it ! I think I might be the highest I've been today ! Got my LEDs in today !-- ay before yesterday UPS brought me 3 gallons of nutes and additives - yesterday he brought me aero pumps and bubblers - today he brought my LEDs !-- Today when he made the delivery he asked how the crop was doing !-- Nice guy !

Oh yea, we could party my fiend , :yay:

Hippie -- the sniper now days has tools we didn't have !-- They got this semi- auto 50 cal that allows U to bracket a 3 shot group in a man sized target !-- Barret got this new .446 (?) Lapua round that travels further before dropping !-- A thousand yards would still be a hard shot to make !-- 300 yards with iron sights was a shot I could make ! Been lusting after this thing they call an AA-12 !--fully auto stainless steel,drum fed 12 gauge with almost no recoil - can fire this new 12 gauge grenade shell they got ! The ultimate close in weapon ! Oh!- and they got the SAW !-- Ibe needing one of them one day !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back