Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to wake and bake. And then go back to sleep. Called in and said I wasn't coming. This road rash kept me up last night. Burning. Its clean, guess it's just healing. Maybe a day of not sweating will help. We are in the 100's with the best index.

Good morning OFC, hope the sun shines on all of your behinds today. Late checking in this morning. "Wake and bake" awaits, so let`s do it. Got me a cup of coffee and a bowl of GTH #9, so it`s wake and bake time here. Was gone yesterday getting my MMJ card renewed for 2 more years. Later all.

morning gantt, yoop and the rest, i joined the wake and bake but still waiting on me coffee. gantt i must have missed something, hope you heal soon.

Good morning giggy, hope all`s well in your world. I must have missed something about gantt too. Sorry about that. Road rash, sounds like a crash and burn. Hope it`s not too bad.

Good morning giggy, hope all`s well in your world. I must have missed something about gantt too. Sorry about that. Road rash, sounds like a crash and burn. Hope it`s not too bad.
It's not too bad, I would post a pic, but don't want to offend or gross anyone out.

Gnatt got attacked by a belt sander the other day. At least that's what the road rash feels like, anyhoo.

Went off the high side of a Maico when I was a kid. My left knee found the only rock in the field. Luckily, an old dude (probably in his 30s) came thumping by on a Triumph and saw my plight. Checked me out to make sure I was still breathing and asked what he could do to help me. I couldn't stand my weight on the left leg, so he fired up my scooter, helped me on it, jammed it in first gear for me, and sent me down the trail.

Takes a long time to go four miles in first gear!

In 1976 I did the anti bicentennial tour, and 3 of us drove from the East Coast to Alaska. On the way back, we drove down the pacific coast. Once in the San Francisco area, I tried skate boarding for the first time. I started at the top of a hill, in San Fran...and it was a steep hill. I quickly came to a terminal velocity of 35 mph. As I saw out of the corner of my eye, a trolley car running perpendicular to me and clear a crash was going to happen, I jump off the board, bounced off a parked car, and slid sideways down the hill to the bottom. I took the skin off from the tip of left pinky to my left ankle, tearing thru my shirt and shorts along the entire left side of my body. My friends had me hold up the skate board over my head and took pictures. Even the inside of my arm pit lost all the skin and cinders imbedded under the remaining skin. The hardest part was continuing the ride back to the east coast. I wound up soaking it in a friends pool in Dallas for a few days. All the scabs had turned black from the imbedded cinders, and the scabs softened and fell off leaving a fresh clean scab. I'm not likely to ever forget that 1. Never been on a skateboard since, lol.

A buddy of mine had the worst road rash I ever saw. He was doing a wheelie down a freshly asphalted road and went over backwards, shirtless. He had road rash from shoulder to shoulder, from the base of his neck to his belt loops.

His girlfriend called me the next day in a panic. He'd gone to bed and gotten stuck to the sheets overnight. I went over, peeled the sheet off the bed with him still stuck to it while she ran a bath tub full of luke warm water. He soaked in the tub for half an hour before the sheets came off.

Umbra, that sounds like a life changing event. Then skateboards can mess you up.
Hippie, that's awful. Wow. He's got a story to tell the kids. Lol
I am enjoying my day off. I haven't done the first thing. Smoking from my favorite pipe, playing a video game(I am an 80's baby after all) and eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.

Morning O.F.C. !- Having reception problems !--Windy with seagulls flying backwards !-

doing well, even better if i could figure out what is digging my plants up. i went out to water yesterday and my biggest gth was leaning, so i had to cover it back up. looks like window screen tim,e.

So i tske it you old bastages will stay off Scateboards and not be popping wheelies. :rofl:

We burning ?-- For a Tropical Storm - I've been left unsatisfied !- Got Lucky ended up on the weak side- we got some rain and some wind - mostly just a nasty day !- - I start mailbox watch tommorrow for Williams Wonder seed !- I don't even need skates or a skateboard to hurt myself !- Never try to bust concrete wit yo face !

My Granddaughter is own her way to Papas house. Yehaaaaaaaa

Evening my fellow stoners, how's everyone in the OFC doing, Gnatt stay off the road bro, rubber down man, umbra my skin is still crawling from the skateboard ride from hell, yoop
I know you had a story, it just turned the page and I'm too stoned to remember what it was, heck i did good to get this far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back