Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after listening to Keef sing the praises of aero growing, I pulled the moths out of the wallet and ordered 50 easy clone spray heads and a timer I can mod for one minute on, five minutes off. I've heard incredible stories about how fast you can root clones this way, so I'm out to either prove it or disprove it. It'll have a remote reservoir, because I like 'em, but other than that, it'll be pretty much the same as every tutorial you've ever seen on building one.

Been hearing good things about adding chlorine in the mix, too. Won't hurt to try.

imo h2o2 is better

That's a given for me. Veg or flower, they get their daily dose in the res. I buy it in gallon jugs at 35% strength and then cut it back with distilled water until it's around 6%.

Some people swear by the stuff, some swear at it. I just go with what works for me. YMMV.

I've never tried the chlorine trick before. Again, some like it and some don't. I won't be able to give an honest, non parroting opinion until I try it myself.

Good morning old farts
did the clocks go back on your side of the water

Greetings Jaga my old friend !-- Did U see the pics of that " Tranquil Elephantizer ". I've been searching European genetics but one of our new friends steered me to this American variety !-- I should have beans in the ground by the end of the year. Keep U posted on the progress!-- Supposed to be one of the best indicas and after Umbra posted the pics - I'm sold ! I hope U and Parma are well, best wishes !

Morning O.F.C. it's 5:30 CST -- Woke with the nightmares about 3-- Ya'll need to get up so we can get down !

Good morning OFC. Been up and searching Leafly. Coffee`s done, fill the vape bowl and wake and bake shall commence. Then back to seed searching.

morning keef and yooper, sorry i'm late this morning. i had to go to facebook and get on one of my buddies for posting crap like i hate my life, my life sux, i wish i could close my eyes and never open them again. i told him that if i was closer i would beat him till all he felt was life. told him he was the only one that could make the change and to get off his lazy and make the changes. sorry for the rant but i'm still a little pissed at him. we only get one and i can't see why anyone would want to waste it. wish i had a bowl, but we are on the lite side at the moment so i'll do coffee till my other half is up, then it will be bake time. peace

Mornin', Old Farts. Hope this Sunday finds you all happy and healthy.

Keef, we must be shift sleepers. You woke up about the time I got to sleep. Been tossing and turning a lot the last few days. Smeared Beemer's Botanical Balm on the back and got an honest four hours worth of sleep. Good stuff!

I did some seed shopping, too. I've spotted a strain called ""Light of Yah" that's supposed to be a real butt kicker. It's 25/75 percent indica/sativa, and up to 25% THC, if you believe the hype.

Still trying to figure out what to do for a winter grow. I've got enough Skunk, GG, and BL to last me for years, so I'm thinking about trying something new. Will it be the PPG, Jamaican Blue, or something else?

I might just head up to the local caregiver connection and see what the owner can come up with. He's offered free seeds from his reserve stock if I'd grow 'em out and share the goodies with him. I think all he's after is just a select clone to keep for a mother. What ever I do, I want to get the flower room going sometime in November.

Woke up from 2nd sleep so I might live after all ! Sounds like me and Giggy be in the same boat ! I held back a SOG so that I can expand which makes weed scares this month !-- It'll pay off but this month sucks ! Seems like me and the Hippie do a tag team when it comes to sleep ! Giggy - the story of your friend's post brings back bad memories -- My Baby brother took his own life about 2 years ago! He was an alcoholic and couldn't make peace with the world !-- I have a lot of guilt there-- I blame myself for not doing more for him ! Brother used a shotgun to the head and my mother was the one who found him ! I can never forgive myself -- surely there was something I could have done to avoid what happened !

Keef, when someone decides to do that, there is little anyone can do. Mostly its about a long term solution to a short term problem. My ex is bi-polar with psychotic features and suicidal tendencies. She can never be happy, because she won't let her self. I have found that to be true with all the friends I've had that choose to end their lives.

Umbra - my ex was a demon from hell and her mission in life was to make my life miserable-- and she was good at it ! I made a terrible mistake in the relation -- I taught her to shot ! Fortunately for me she was a lousy shot !-- I was bobbing and weaving with a purpose ! Cuz - do U know how to start seed in aero ? Beach report today -- 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky !

Hippie did those pics of my aero system help any ? They make the plastic baskets and collars in several sizes -- with the 6 inch cups and collars U can put a mother in a 5 gallon bucket if U insist on growing large plants ! I prefer lots of smaller plants because the light is pretty much the same distance from each ! U got LEDs over a 4 ft plant the lower part of the plants is too far away from it to get enough light ! Gman's Widow Twins seed came from a 1 ft. Tall plant !

Yep, pics showed everything. Never figured you for the "socks and sandals" type, though.:)

The light penetration thing is why I grow SCROG. Get some pretty big buds that way, and trained right, they're all the same height, too.

It is usually just the sandals !-- but socks with sandals are not a problem as long as U don't give a s*** ! I got a lot of that in me !

Hippie got me on a roll !-- pics of my boxes are somewhere in the first 5 pages or so -- if anyone else is interested -- something U won't see or read is that without a good seal, if a sprayer is positioned just right the box WILL leak around the lid !!--- a thin bead of caulk around the lid eliminates that problem! The black and yellow boxes in the pic are the best because the lid is in a checkerboard pattern dividing the lit into 4" inch squares ! The pattern also reinforces the lid !

Jaga -- is it morning there yet !-- U might be missing a few days on occassion but U a long time member of the O.F.C. and we worry when U go missing ! Had to use the old 420 triad spiderweb telegraph to sent word where we were -- Really glad U could join us -- for awhile I wasn't sure we could contact U but one person had your contact info and that's all it took !-- I'm still wondering if U kept seed to "Jaga's Bliss " sounded like a winner to me ! What are U growing anyway ?"

Morning O.F.C. -- Wake and Bake !--- Could someone maybe make a post so it don't look like I'm the only one posting ! Sitting out back listening to the waves this morning -- it's in the high 60s and the gulf sounds angry this morning ! I live less than a mile from the beach and it sounds like a busy highway today -- Maybe we go for a walk today looking for sand dollars 'tis the season !-- The winter Texans are settling in .--- U can easily tell them from the locals. When it gets into the 60s or so the locals be all bundled up in coats and stuff while the snowbirds are running around in swim suits and loving it !-- Anyway -- it's time to get up so we can get down !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back