Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO and NO. You need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sf for Vegging and 5000 lumens for Flower per sf.
You could use it for clonning or seedlings. But it wont Vegg your babbies the way they need as they grow.

Whoa !--Dog posted my pics !-- Top is Bloom --Still recovering !-The box in the back is the 21/2 year old Widow - I think 2nd pic is the badges in the nursery ! --The plants in blue are from the House of Umbra --BPU -X-Blueberry Blast !-- The babies are labeled and the biggest plant in blue is my boy Trips !--Bottom pic is the dirt farm !--They moving to the aero nursery today!--Dirt is the only way I know how to start seed!--If I could start them in aero I would !-- When I get a proper veg area I'll veg longer!

See my pics against Cane and Kraven to see what my lower lumens do and what Cane and Kraven's do with higher lumens !---I got restriction on power consumption and heat ! Prohibition ends I'll be all over more bigger light ! --So for now I grow popcorn ! Don't remember the last time I wasn't stoned !

Morning Cane !-- It seems to be working for U !--Why U want to change to T-5s--If not for heat and power usage I'd use something powerful like MH !-- I can make these LEDS work but I'm still figuring out how high off the plants they need to be and how many watts works best !--Plus this Widow wants to take off like a rocket in bloom !--Can't stop it by moving the light closer either !--

Yo Bud The Mh is working fine for me.. could even use a little strech...I do not plan on changing that room.
Looking at the T5s to put in the spare bath for some cloning & Veg.some there... Need to order up soon... Looking at 2' - 4 bulb T5 set up..

Thanks for the kind words keef, I do indeed veg under a dig. 400w MH, the bulb of choice is Eye Hortilux Blue. Flower is cooked under a dig. 600w Eye Hortilux Super HPS. Both bulbs get changed on my birthday annually. My next move will be to t5's running Hortilux PowerVEG T5 Grow bulbs in a T5 Light (4 footer) for veg and the BML Spydr 600 LED for flower. Them puppies cost a bunch but well worth it, one of the 2 top of the line LED's now and American made.

Namaste, Jaga. I hope Buddha smiles on you and yours in the coming year.

Nes, you can pick up a nice little 400 watt variable digital MH/HPS light off of ebay for a few cents under a hundred bucks delivered. I use one in a 3x3 foot tent for special projects. Should work fine for a bath tub grow. I use a 600 watt digital for a 4x4 SCROG, but next indoor grow, I bought another one just like it to add for the last stages of flower.

You can pack a lot of weed in a 4x4 foot square. Doesn't take much ceiling height, either.

View attachment HPIM0753 - Copy.JPG

I want to thank you Gents for helping me out. It is no fun being the rookie. Another ?. Does 2x3000k mean that it is 6000k? And, can Hydroponic light grow dirt grow.

Good Morning OFC. Cane I have a 2' T5 4 bulb set up for clones, it works great. Keef, nice set up. Green Santa told me he was heading to the Gulf for some R&R after the Christmas rush. The garage is full of love. The Jack Herers are a good 5' and still stretching. I was unsure whether the plants could use all the additional CO2 and nutes that they recommend with the bio wave, but the growth from 1 day to the next is proof enough for me.

My LEDS say 300 watt with a switch for bloom and one for veg. What U have to figure out for yourself is that with either switch off I getting only 150 watts !--- I had to run a cycle with only the bloom to see !--Not enough light !-- What I like is that if I mess up-- I get a do over !---

Good morning ofc,
Nes, you need 3000 lumens per sq feet for vegging a plant and 5000 for flowering. Home Depot doesn't have our kind of HO t5's. If it didn't cost a bazillion dollars, i would send you my mH. I just never looked back after getting a T5.

Keef, you put multiple seeds in each pot? woa, that won't be pretty come time to divide?

Not really Umbra !---One day I do like U and Hippie do with the CO2!-- I got 8 of those big black and yellow boxes and as U can see I'm only running 3 now !--

Sorry, i missed a page and WH had already told Nes this.

Nes, you have great help in here. These guys will get you rocking the grow.

That's why they come out today Rose !--Started them in 2 inch peak cups !--They gonna be traumatized by the move to bloom cause I was as much dirt off the roots as I can ! U can see one of the baby Papaya in aero just starting to recover after the transfer !-- I doubt I loose any !-- U know I didn't have anyone to teach me aero !--Even the nute formulas were confusing !--I'm learning and a nute formula that will work in aero will work in DWC --Hydro or in a soilless mix ! --As U can see I clone in the same nute solution they gonna grow in !-- First U learn to grow weed then U work on growing it better !--Guess U always working to do better !--I'm aware of the short comings of the way I grow and I'm looking for solutions !--

As Hippie said, there is more than 1 way to grow weed. Keef, you just figured out why people change how they grow. Some systems are easier to learn with, while others are better for more advanced growing techniques. Its all a learning process. From learning about what the plant wants, to how to manipulated her.

Keef I'm always impressed to see your grows brother, what you do in suck a limited space is art work bro and it appreciate your works man.

Cut a littl bit of a sugar leaf off the HS and put it under my digital microscope to check the trich's, all are milky and headed to amber...shooting for a 30/70 amber to cloudy...about 10-12 days away now.

I heard that Umbra !-- I went into this willing to switch anything at any time !- Green Santa -?--is it the seed for that thing I said I'd not talk about much anymore ?

What's that white stuff growing on that leaf Kraven !--Hey U know I read that some varieties won't have amber ?--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back