Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Kraven...And She is already a Knock Out....
Keef Ya gotta do what you gotta do....And your doin it bro... All Under the radar..:aok:

Cane --U can't always get what U want but if U try -Sometimes U might just get what U need ! Got to stay under the radar for now !--I watch and I learn !--- That hot tub that needs to be hooked up is also an excuse for power usage ! The tub gets hooked up --I start replacing electric appliances for gas and I can increase power usage in the grow room !-- As U can see when they blow the whistle I'll have a head start with like 100 girls at a time !-- I kinda got a plan but I'm flexible!

Yes sir Cane she packs a punch already...breeder swears 63-65 days and she is at her peak and it looks like he is dead on.

Umbra, thank you.

I'm gonna wander around some.....

Enough of the right kind of light --the right nutes --proper pest control and let the plant be the best it can be !--Is that like the cliff notes to growing weed ?

Gonna go help with a Tai Chi class @ Noon..... gotta get my Chi going.....Join me...:48:

I want to thank you Gents for helping me out. It is no fun being the rookie. Another ?. Does 2x3000k mean that it is 6000k? And, can Hydroponic light grow dirt grow.

No sir,,,

Color temperature is measured in degrees Kelvin (K). The color temperature of a lamp (bulb) describes how the light appears when the human eye looks directly at the illuminated bulb.

How is Color Temperature Measured?
Color temperature is measured by a unit called the Kelvin (K). The Kelvin thermodynamic temperature scale is defined so that absolute zero is 0 kelvins (K). (Note: The Celsius and Fahrenheit scales are defined so that absolute zero is −273.15 °C or −459.67 °F). Imagine heating a bar of steel and observing the color of the bar at increasing temperatures. At some point the bar will appear to glow a dull red. As heat is added, the dull red turns to yellow, then to white, then to bluish white, finally to blue.

How Color Temperature Works
A light bulb that produces light perceived as yellowish white will have a color temperature of around 2700K. As the color temperature increases to 3000K - 3500K, the color of the light appears less yellow and more white. When the color temperature is 5000K or higher the light produced appears bluish white. The color temperature of daylight varies, but is often in the 5000K to 7000K range.

2700-2800K -- Warm Light
When the desired lighting effect is "warm", use light sources in the 2700K - 2800K range. Most common incandescent light bulbs will produce light in this color temperature range. An exception is the incandescent light bulb with a neodymium coating. The neodymium filters out the yellow and red wavelengths of the visible spectrum leaving predominately blue wavelengths. So even though neodymium light bulbs have a 2800K color temperature, the light they produce appears to be bluer - similar to daylight and to other light bulbs that product light with color temperatures in the 5000K or higher range.

3500-4000K -- Neutral Bright Light
When the desired effect is neutral or bright white, use light sources in the 3000K - 3500K range. For a slightly bluer, "cooler" effect use 4000K.

5000-6500K -- Simulate Daylight
Daylight color temperature at noon is 5600K, but sunlight color temperature can vary widely based on time of day and weather conditions. To give the perception of daylight (bluish white light), use light sources with a color temperature of 5000K or higher.

Key Design Issue
When deciding on the best light bulb for a particular application, one consideration not to overlook is the appearance of the light as perceived by the people using the space. For example, many people will find a formal dining room more appealing with "warmer" appearing light, while for a large, open-plan office "neutral to cool white" appearing light is the better choice. Color temperature designations of light bulbs can be confusing. Sometimes you'll see subjective terms such as "warm white" or "cool white." Other times, the quantitative Kelvin temperature number will be used: 2700K (warm white), 4100K (cool white). Here are some approximate reference points: candle light is 1800K (warm yellow), a standard 60W incandescent light bulb is 2700K (warm white), lights in a portrait photo studio are 3200K (neutral white), fluorescent lights in a classroom or office are often 4100K (cool white), daylight with a thin overcast sky is 6500K (bluish, white light). Most incandescent and halogen bulbs are in the Kelvin range 2700K-3000K. Fluorescent, metal halide and LED bulbs can be purchased with color temperature options from 2700K to 6500K.

Thanks for the kind words keef, I do indeed veg under a dig. 400w MH, the bulb of choice is Eye Hortilux Blue. Flower is cooked under a dig. 600w Eye Hortilux Super HPS. Both bulbs get changed on my birthday annually. My next move will be to t5's running Hortilux PowerVEG T5 Grow bulbs in a T5 Light (4 footer) for veg and the BML Spydr 600 LED for flower. Them puppies cost a bunch but well worth it, one of the 2 top of the line LED's now and American made.
That is a cool looking light fixture.

Namaste, Jaga. I hope Buddha smiles on you and yours in the coming year.

Nes, you can pick up a nice little 400 watt variable digital MH/HPS light off of ebay for a few cents under a hundred bucks delivered. I use one in a 3x3 foot tent for special projects. Should work fine for a bath tub grow. I use a 600 watt digital for a 4x4 SCROG, but next indoor grow, I bought another one just like it to add for the last stages of flower.

You can pack a lot of weed in a 4x4 foot square. Doesn't take much ceiling height, either.

Love how you mixed HOT5s with the HPS lights.

Glad I could help. I am a Googling basterd. Lol

Me too Hopper !--My LEDS have a mix of colors --about one third white -one third blue and one third red !--Dispite what the company says they work best with all on ! --Made me waste time and weed learning that !- Sometimes it's the only way to learn ! Hopper Google up my Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series and tell me what needs improvement !

I know ---- U the bug lady get rid of them !---- We bout to kick it up a notch !-- --Looks like I get to breed " Fire Woman"-- She gonna be sterile !--If U can clone that's not a problem !-- So that GG#4 tested at about 27 % THC ? See if I can beat that !

Did I ever say how much I love my steam shower!!:)
Gotta go......

Me too Hopper !--My LEDS have a mix of colors --about one third white -one third blue and one third red !--Dispite what the company says they work best with all on ! --Made me waste time and weed learning that !- Sometimes it's the only way to learn ! Hopper Google up my Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series and tell me what needs improvement !
The only improvement I can see,,is the money in my pocket needs improving,,,which would allow me to buy 4 of those to make sure I got plenty light spread. Thats why I like the 4ft 8tube HOT5s,,because they spread the light and I can drop them right down on top of my conopy. But I bet 4 of those Mars 300 might be awesome. I just dont know crap about them for growing.

Hopper I'm learning how to use them fast as I can !--I knew I was gonna be working in a confined area and ballasted have produced too much heat ! -- These lights have a reflector above each led so all the light goes straight down on the plants !--LEDS were the only option !--They have a built in fact to keep what works like a ballast from getting hot ! --Looks like 1 light per box --total cost a little less than $250 per box -For my big bloom boxes !---light , box , pump everything !--reuse it repeatedly only needing RO water and nute concentrates ! Not much different than hydro --Just use much less nute solution ! Just sprays it straight up at the roots it falls back down and does it all again !--No separate res !--Just a self contained unit !--Prohibition ends --I switch to 3-4 inch cups and collars with clay balls for added weight to keep plant stable --6 or less plants per box! Spare bedroom divided into quarters so I can keep a rotation working -----Use what ever light works best !--Like them kind Umbra and NCH use if I have to !--- Then we start making oil !

If I would have started with something with more Indica that finished in about 60 days - I'd be farther along ! The Widow be 65% sativa she wants to be outside !--I'm slow but I can learn !

Love how you mixed HOT5s with the HPS lights.
Believe it or not, they're T8s with grow lux tubes from the local big box store. Total cost less than forty bucks. It was before I bought the second 600 watt light, and I was desperate to give the outside buds a little more light. With the twin 600s, I think I'll get a lot better coverage.

I love SCROG. Wouldn't grow any other way except outside. Little indicas or big unruly sativas, they can be tamed. There's only five plants in that grow, and I've filled the screen with two sativa dominate plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back