how can you ID the female seed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karmacat said:
The only way to find out if they are male or female is too grow them,but it looks like your post cheered a few of us up.:D
certainly did,...this one goes great with a morning dube and a cup o' joe:rofl:

i was under the impression that evironmental variables and proximity to opposite sexes was what determined the sex of the plant.....hmmmm

Well while this thread's up...Can we discuss how breeders go about producing their so called "feminized" seeds??? I had read a little about it somewhere but didn't really get the just of the whole thing...I know that it's the cause of the hermie epidemic tho!

tn.. xhexk massproducers thread on breeding with silver thiosulfate (sp)?? ;)

Puffin Afatty said:
4-5 yrs ago on OVERGROW, I saw a thread where the author claimed he could tell female from male seeds. However, it didnt work much better than by chance for me, maybe I could get 6 of 10 instead of 5 of 10
Is this what you are talking about,we tried this method with 100 seeds and in the words of the mythbusters.

This myth was busted.

Click to enlarge

post-2-1133893474.jpg

4u2sm0ke said:
look at the tip of seed.....if it looks like a Vagina..its Female..if it looks like a penus its male..hope this helps..Good luck

If it has two different looking tips, it is a hermaphrodite.:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

TheEnhancementSmoker said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah,,I forgot that one huh? :rofl:

take care and be safe

karmacat said:
Is this what you are talking about,we tried this method with 100 seeds and in the words of the mythbusters.

This myth was busted.

Click to enlarge

ahhh that is it.... this very picture I have seen it before somewhere when I was kid with my grandpa...he grabbed it out of my hand. hehe

oh yes.. thank you.... now I ll do this and see for myself
and I will let yall know the results!!

TheEnhancementSmoker said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

really!! I have one seed that has 2 differnt tips of holes!! thats weriod!!

I aint gonna grow it.. should I smash it?

I did put that seed somewhere I can go get it and destroy it..

Latest posts

Back