How to cut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parcero

Viajero
Reaction score
Ave!

The Rent is getting ready and the friend of mine to whom I'm growing it wants it to be harvested in different stages. He cant handle almost any smoke so some of this one needs to be cut some now and some later.
Which part should I start? Take now the main cola or some lower side branches?

Thank you!

plants are always maturer on top. so take the top part of the plant and leave the lower to mature. Peace

Is it ready? What do the trichs look like?
plants are always maturer on top. so take the top part of the plant and leave the lower to mature. Peace

Ok, thanks.
No, it´s not quite ready yet but he wants to take some of it anyways, you know a bit more mild...
I would not and I might just leave it alone.

hello I Harvest in stages..i start when trichs start to cloud..so thy are clear/cloudy...this is more uppity high and Im active...then I let plant go for another week to 10 days then trichs(strain dependant) is cloudy maybe a bit amber too and take some more....then let go another week and trichs atmore amber..then I take more if not all....this is all for diffrent types of High...Hope this helps..take care and be safe..

oh..how about some pics of this Lovely RENT?

SicSativa said:
i see people do this, but it's always been my experience that the top bud is usually the last to fully mature.

hello I Harvest in stages..i start when trichs start to cloud..so thy are clear/cloudy...this is more uppity high and Im active...then I let plant go for another week to 10 days then trichs(strain dependant) is cloudy maybe a bit amber too and take some more....then let go another week and trichs atmore amber..then I take more if not all....this is all for diffrent types of High...Hope this helps..take care and be safe..

Ok, thanks man, but you check which budsites are cloudy and take them or you start from mail cola and ripen more the lower ones?

The Rent, only water, as reguested. I've put used tea leaves and coffee on top thats all. It's skinny and small compared to the others but still over 700mm. Main -bud- is small , but has over twenty budsites. Might give an ounce and I´ll be really interested to compare the taste to the others.

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

SicSativa said:

i'm sorry, but maybe i'm not understanding correctly. how are plants more mature on top? isnt the top where all the new growth comes from?

surreptitious said:
i'm sorry, but maybe i'm not understanding correctly. how are plants more mature on top? isnt the top where all the new growth comes from?

I dont think te plant matures diffrent..what Im saying is I take the plant at top when the trichs are just starting to cloud..for a more ody high..and then this allows the light to get to bottom half and the trichs then are mutureing to cloudy...then to amber..get a scope if ya aint got one....

parcero.....Very Nice my friend..well done...what are the trichs at on that Lovely Ladie?

:48:

Your instinct is right on...I wouldn't chop those either...just tell your

lightweight friend to smoke less at one time

naw mean?

4u2sm0ke said:
I dont think te plant matures diffrent..what Im saying is I take the plant at top when the trichs are just starting to cloud..for a more ody high..and then this allows the light to get to bottom half and the trichs then are mutureing to cloudy...then to amber..get a scope if ya aint got one....
what you said makes sense.

kaotik said:
i see people do this, but it's always been my experience that the top bud is usually the last to fully mature.

That is interesting! What strains do you see this happening to? I find the tops done first on all my girls.

I have seen different varieties mature at differnt areas. For the most part though they seem to mature at the top first. However, my Afghani #1 the lower buds were always done before the top for some reason, always...and I grew this strain for over 10 yrs.

im noticing also, that my lower buds are maturing, or getting the crystals first, then the top ones.

kaotik said:

I agree.. The buds are so densely packed, that they will take longer to mature at the top.. I usually harvest the whole plant at once.. I use GHE Ripen for the last week, and the smoke is usually almost the same whether you take pop corn buds or buds from the top cola.

The Rent seems to mature very slowly, evenly all over the plant same. Shes still standing, maybe this morning... Day 74.
I did chop the main off a week a ago or so leaving the rest to grow.

Latest posts

Back