HTG supply be cautious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAR.

Reaction score
Hello all good folks. I hate to bash, however, to let everyone know htg is having problems fullfilling orders. (just a fact) I ordered some stuff back 3 weeks ago and they billed me then, and have not sent the order out. They said the product was back ordered and would be in two weeks ago. Its a good size order in value, or seems to me that is. They keep saying the products came in last week and they would try to get them shipped. However they arent answering emails anymore. So long story short if you take a chance and order, make d*** sure they have it in stock. Good Luck to all.

Thanks for the heads up :) I do most my supply ordering from there and any time I have had any issue I called there 1-866 number from there website and spoke with Tony. He took good care of my issues each time. Give him a try on the phone and see if it helps maybe? Be sure to ask for Tony as he seems to be able to take care of these kind of issues.
Please let us know if you get this resolved ;)

Edited to add that they seem to get busy in the afternoons and sometimes stop answering the phone after lunch.

thank you war fish truly appreciate that info. about ready to pull my hair out

RAR Ive ordered from them several times with great results... I once placed an order and didnt get a tracking number from them so i gave them a call and they ended up giving me an extra 600watt hps bulb for the delay...

Id give them a call at the 1800# and you may make out for having to wait...

I've used HTG and several others, and I most likely will again.

But, the best thing I did was to find a local grow shop. Stuff may cost a bit more but the advantages will be obvious.

Thanks for the warning...was going to order some ph up and down and GH 3 part from them...only reason I didn't was I found the GH 3 part 7 bucks cheaper at another online store called "The big tomato"...I guess I will be using them this order.

RAR. said:
Hello all good folks. I hate to bash, however, to let everyone know htg is having problems fullfilling orders. (just a fact) I ordered some stuff back 3 weeks ago and they billed me then, and have not sent the order out. They said the product was back ordered and would be in two weeks ago. Its a good size order in value, or seems to me that is. They keep saying the products came in last week and they would try to get them shipped. However they arent answering emails anymore. So long story short if you take a chance and order, make d*** sure they have it in stock. Good Luck to all.

I also had a problem with HTG, same thing only I couldn't get any one on the phone. And no Emails back. That went on for three weeks.

I used them from ebay so I had recourse. As soon as I got hold of ebay, HTG started jumping. Got a full refund and found what I wanted cheaper.

The funny thing to me was they wanted me to give a good review, yeah right, no way Jose. Ebay don't like negative reviews and if you get enough it's bye bye.

Yes i have been hearing the same about BIG orders on grass city personally i love htg they are like a second gf to me lol have never had problems but do appreciate the heads up :)

Ordering online should be last resort, unless your getting a backup of all the most crucial items in your room. Being able to drive to the store cause something brokedown new, will makeup for itself vs the little cost savings you get online.

I have no experience with HTG but have heard good things about them. But it does bother me when a company charges your card when they don't even have the item ready to ship. Unless it is a special order item they should charge you when the product is ready to go out the door.

nouvellechef said:
Ordering online should be last resort, unless your getting a backup of all the most crucial items in your room. Being able to drive to the store cause something brokedown new, will makeup for itself vs the little cost savings you get online.

I find that almost all my needs are meant on a local level and in most cases cheaper even with tax. I really don't like to buy on line. shipping cost
can be higher then the tax's and the wait is a big pain in the south end.

I've ordered from at least 5 of the hydro supply stores, HTG included and they were right on each time. However, I did have these same issues from Grow Light Express, when you are ordering you have no idea if it is stock or not and you are just hoping it is in stock. It is wrong and I got heated with GLE but this time of year and you kind of expect it due to many are planting and starting gardens indoors now to transplant whe the weather breaks. It sucks no matter what site you are using. All seem to be the same way.

Im with ya there rar companies should not advertise stuff they dont have in stock

t4

Cowboy said:
I find that almost all my needs are meant on a local level and in most cases cheaper even with tax. I really don't like to buy on line. shipping cost
can be higher then the tax's and the wait is a big pain in the south end.

Honestly, i've experienced the total opposite. An example would be the the Lumetek Ballast I wanted was $189.99 plus tax in the hydro store and I got mine online for $139.99 and I had $9.00 shipping on a $600.00 order. Also,that $600.00 would have cost me over 750.00 plus tax at the hydro store so.......I'd love to give the locals my bussiness but on the big purchases they can't compete or don't want to. They go MSRP and i'm not going to pay that if i don't have to.

Cash flow probs? I bet they get their stuff from China. I used to run a company like that. Finally I went bust because I was unable to finance the ever increasing size of the imports, up front.

ya I hated to post anything at all, I dont conduct business like that all, its just aggravating to see that you've already been billed, most online orders are not billed to they ship. There was no problems running the billing. I even had the wifey to call and see if she could work some charm LOL nope didnt happen. There comment was " were really busy" wi'll see if we can get it out, (thats lame to me). Hopefully they will get there act together. Leafminer, the cash flow prob has me a little worried if they go out of business can a person still do a credit card dispute?

RAR. said:
ya I hated to post anything at all, I dont conduct business like that all, its just aggravating to see that you've already been billed, most online orders are not billed to they ship. There was no problems running the billing. I even had the wifey to call and see if she could work some charm LOL nope didnt happen. There comment was " were really busy" wi'll see if we can get it out, (thats lame to me). Hopefully they will get there act together. Leafminer, the cash flow prob has me a little worried if they go out of business can a person still do a credit card dispute?

I know what you mean, i waited 3 or 4 weeks for them to tell me they won't have any more of what i ordered in and then I had to start allover and order from someone else. I guess in the future I will call to make sure they have stock on what i want but this is easily preventable if they just let you know it is out of stock. Makes no sense, not to mention the fact you have to wait several days for the refund if that is your only cash to make the purchase again.

Latest posts

Back