I got busted last night yall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Got charged with cultivation of marijuana and resisting arrest. My beligerant drunk landlord called the cops cause she was wasted and thought someone was trying to break into the building and they had a gun which is complete bull. I had just started trimming my Chem OG plant when she came to the door and accused my girlfriend and I of being drug dealers. We grow only for ourselves and never have company over so I dont know why she thinks we are dealers. We both work full time and have a two year old girl so we are both busy and only really smoke in the evenings when our day is windeing down. I am no criminal. Nowadays for fun I take my daughter to the playground or bring her to the dog park or beach. I am just an ordinary guy that likes to smoke bud. My landlords drinking is much more dangerous than my smoking but some people are just closed minded about this stuff. She is from Great Britain and drinks like a fish so I figured she would most likely be cool with smoking. She had no idea about the plants she could just smell it every day when we smoked it and I think she was so trashed last night that she didnt even know what she was doing. I would be surprised if she remembers any of it today. So anyways, once she said the cops were coming I ran straight to the tent pulled them all out of the dirt and ran down the back hallway and out into the ally way. I ran around the front of the building and there was a cop about five feet away at my front door. I just ran as fast as I could with a handfull of plants around the building and down a side street and the cop was yelling from behind. I quickly realised I wasnt wearing shoes and I was running on a tar road with a bunch of pebbles and i knew I was screwed. So I stopped and they arrested me without a word but first they had to sit on me for 20 minutes and push my face into the tar with his hand and his knee drove into my back and I could barely breath(I have pretty bad asthma). Embarressed in front of the whole F-ing neighborhood. Then they put me in the cop car cuffed and didnt put a seatbelt on me. Its illegal in Maine to not have a seat belt on. They took me to jail without telling me my rights or telling me what the charges were. I got charged with cultivation of marijuana and resisting arrest. They counted the two branches that I was trimming as two whole seperate plants. So needless to say the indoor op is shut down. They havent come back with the warrent yet like they said but the place is clean now. Thank god for the the great outdoors in Maine.:hubba:

Ahhh, so sorry to hear that brother! And that you were mistreated by the cops as well:( Sounds like your landlord is a real piece of work.
Maybe some day we will win this stupid war against our freedom.
My thoughts are with you and yours, take care man.

Thanks Dr. This may slow me down but it will not stop me.

Oh so sorry to hear Maine. Best thoughts and wishes for you and yours in the days ahead.

Dude,

thats seriously effed up, man. I hope this gets resolved quickly and w/o much pain. I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. If you need any advice/support just ask, bud. Lawyer up, NORML has links to the info u need.

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Sounds like your landlord is a real piece of work.

You have no idea brother. One night my girl and I were watching tv on the couch in our underwear, we look over and our door knob is turning back and forth and somebody is trying to get in. I thought somebody was trying to brake in so I open the door ready to knock somebody out and shes rolling around on the floor in the hallway wasted and some poor guy that she brought home from the bar was trying to get into our apartment thinking it was hers. She lives on a completely diff floor than me. She gets so drunk that she has no control over what she is doing and is just blacked out.

Oh what a bummer, I just hope they don't get child services involved etc. Your in my prayers friend and I hope anybody else that rents etc. takes a long look at this situation. I keep seeing this happen over and over with landlords, or the people below me. When I got popped, I was lucky, work never found out, I had 26 years vested in my work, i've seen guys fired with 30 years over a doobie.Anyway, I'd move,and with my wonderful personality, I'd probably stiff her for a couple months rent and tell her why.

Erase EVERYTHING off your hardrive. ASAP, remove all tracks here dude. not to protect us. they can use those photos on your comp in court.
Good Luck and start getting your system cleaned out.

maineharvest said:
You have no idea brother. One night my girl and I were watching tv on the couch in our underwear, we look over and our door knob is turning back and forth and somebody is trying to get in. I thought somebody was trying to brake in so I open the door ready to knock somebody out and shes rolling around on the floor in the hallway wasted and some poor guy that she brought home from the bar was trying to get into our apartment thinking it was hers. She gets so drunk that she has no control over what she is doing and is just blacked out.
freakin worthless two-faced drunk! Especially selfrighteous alcoholics. PPl that can't handle their drug of choice (whatever it may b) peeve me seriously. that just sucks, dude.

Here's to a better tomorrow for u n yours, bud. :joint:

They can use a sort of thumb drive to duplicate the contents then unerase it at their leasure. GET RID OF YOUR COMPUTER OR TAKE IT TO A SAFE UNRELATED HOUSE.

or just pull the hard drive.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
Oh what a bummer, I just hope they don't get child services involved etc. Your in my prayers friend and I hope anybody else that rents etc. takes a long look at this situation. I keep seeing this happen over and over with landlords, or the people below me. When I got popped, I was lucky, work never found out, I had 26 years vested in my work, i've seen guys fired with 30 years over a doobie.Anyway, I'd move,and with my wonderful personality, I'd probably stiff her for a couple months rent and tell her why.
and that's what I was reluctant to bring up as well...effin CPS..gah!

make sure your tent had a lock on it for when they come back so a child endangerment charge is not tacked onto the current charges---take pictures of everything---

maineharvest said:
You have no idea brother. One night my girl and I were watching tv on the couch in our underwear, we look over and our door knob is turning back and forth and somebody is trying to get in. I thought somebody was trying to brake in so I open the door ready to knock somebody out and shes rolling around on the floor in the hallway wasted and some poor guy that she brought home from the bar was trying to get into our apartment thinking it was hers. She lives on a completely diff floor than me. She gets so drunk that she has no control over what she is doing and is just blacked out.
Does she drive, the woman is obviously a alcoholic on the edge of real trouble, she needs help.Have you discussed her behavior with her? It's so sad that you've become one of her victoms, I gotta wonder how many others shes hurt.

that's terrible maine, pay the lawyer not the gov.

Mutt said:
Erase EVERYTHING off your hardrive. ASAP, remove all tracks here dude. not to protect us. they can use those photos on your comp in court.
Good Luck and start getting your system cleaned out.

My laptop is no longer at home and I will be doing a cleaning tonight. Maine is pretty relaxed on marijuana and its only a misdemeanor for up to 99 plants. They got me with four small plants and two branches. I think I can prob just pay some fines and be done with this. I am trying to be optimistic right now though. It was obviously for personal use and my girl has Chrones disease and arthritis so she totally qualifies for a card here but just doesnt want her name on list for the feds to get. Even though I am not legal I have gone by the guidelines as if I did have a card. I think when it comes to sentencing I have a better defense compared to someone that got busted with 99 plants and was doing it for dealing. Now ive just got to find a good lawyer.

man ... i don't even know what to say. best luck maine.

maineharvest said:
My laptop is no longer at home and I will be doing a cleaning tonight. Maine is pretty relaxed on marijuana and its only a misdemeanor for up to 99 plants. They got me with four small plants and two branches. I think I can prob just pay some fines and be done with this. I am trying to be optimistic right now though. It was obviously for personal use and my girl has Chrones disease and arthritis so she totally qualifies for a card here but just doesnt want her name on list for the feds to get. Even though I am not legal I have gone by the guidelines as if I did have a card. I think when it comes to sentencing I have a better defense compared to someone that got busted with 99 plants and was doing it for dealing. Now ive just got to find a good lawyer.

that's the same reason I fly below radar so to speak...I have more then enuff qualifying conditions...lol

Oh man Maine, that is so terrible. I am glad you are ok. Hows your face and back?
This situation sucks in so many ways. Hang in there and know we care.

Here is the info from NORML about Maine:

5 plants or less class E misdemeanor 6 months $1,000
5 - 100 plants class D misdemeanor 1 year $2,000
100 - 500 plants class C felony 5 years $5,000
More than 500 plants class B felony 10 years $20,000

-If you are a first time offender with no criminal history I seriously doubt there would be any jail time. Either way if you had less than 100 plants there shold be no felony charges.

-SSF-

Well I have done a few years in prison but that was like 8 years ago. I completed all my probabion and everything 8 years ago and havnt been in trouble since. I was addicted to pain medication and other stuff that is much worse than mj. Ive been clean off that stuff since May 27 2003 and now just smoke bud. I really only had four plants and two branches so that should qualify me for a class E misdemeanor.

Latest posts

Back