I Want to Start a Thread Where We

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I want to start a thread where we discuss things that we do with our grows that are different from main stream growing ideas or different from old school methods. However, I cannot think of a title for the thread that is concise. I would like this to be a thread where different techniques are explored. People can explain their reason for doing as they do and why they believe it is a better method for them.

The first thing I can think of is regarding flushing.

A new thing that I am questioning, just starting growing in soil, is the need for a dry period--a common recommendation and practice.

Anyone else interested in a thread like this and if so, can you think of a good title that explains it concisely?

great idea THG---how bout naming the thread "take it for what it's worth" or "fact or fiction" or "myths and misconceptions"

Yes, like alternative methods, and we don't mean peeing on your plants right?

Nice idea. I always differ a plant or 2 at a time in my grouping. Experimenting with different things and ideas. Sometimes they work, but most the time they dont over my regular method ones.
But any idea is worth experimenting.

It can be a fun topic but i can see it easily go wrong ;) ...

I will throw the second ... Size of Plants vs Size of Space ... only 3 weeks veg ... Immature plants going to 12/12 ;).

Regarding the wet/dry cicle ... I think that the moisture of the soil shouldn't be very low ... So perhaps it is better to have the soil always a little moisted and never too dry ...

What about "uncommon growing practices"?

Be called "Means to the Madness" be interestin thread no matter what yual calls it reckon, be a fire I will sit at time to time fur sure.

BWD

I'm wondering the "common" timeline for a plant to show sex? Minimum weeks, average weeks....I seem confused suddenly??

And, why 12/12 from seed? Anyone??

The first thing I can think of is regarding flushing.

Use to do it in DWC till a branch broke off and NOBODY could tell the difference. NEVER done it since. The only possible time I would consider flushing is if I screwed up my grow some how.:ignore:

ShOrTbUs said:
call it "thinking outside the grow box"

I like that....

Great idea for a thread THG....what comes to mind for me is the advice on pot size. While most use bigger pots and hve formulas for how many gallon pots you need I just use one gallon pots regardless. Works for me, may not work well for others though.

pcduck said:
Use to do it in DWC till a branch broke off and NOBODY could tell the difference. NEVER done it since. The only possible time I would consider flushing is if I screwed up my grow some how.:ignore:

Yeah flushing is for screw ups that you have made....:) I see no other purpose as well.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah flushing is for screw ups that you have made....:) I see no other purpose as well.

Its funny, i have a hightimes from 2008 i keep near the toilet. In it they have a whole article on flushing and its benefits. I myself never flush either.

Hamster Lewis said:
I like that....

Great idea for a thread THG....what comes to mind for me is the advice on pot size. While most use bigger pots and hve formulas for how many gallon pots you need I just use one gallon pots regardless. Works for me, may not work well for others though.

You are good at keeping them in cramped quarters, that's for sure! :aok: I sometimes have trouble in the big 10's and up, would be driven crazy in 1's

:icon_smile:

This is what I call a small containter.JPG

Roddy said:
You are good at keeping them in cramped quarters, that's for sure! :aok: I sometimes have trouble in the big 10's and up, would be driven crazy in 1's

I agree its crazy what hammy pulls out of those one gallons :) I sure wish I could figure that one out lol.

I think it would be great THG. I do ALOT of different techniques in my garden that is far from "mainstream". My yield and quality are far better then those around me. I would love an area to share this.

Latest posts

Back