Indoor Hydro Plant Yields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Greenjeans

Reaction score
I was looking for some seeds on the BC Seeds website and some of the varieties recommended for commercial indoor growing claim up to 800 grams per plant. There's 436 g to a pound. Can this be right? These same plants also claim to be of medium size and have a flowering period of around 50 to 60 days. Sounds too good to be true, right? I saw similar claims on an Amsterdam based seed site. I've grown before, and I'm just starting up again after a long hiatus(10yrs), and things have changed. Never bought seeds before. What kind of weight can I expect from a plant using a good hydro setup, MH and sodium lights and good nutrition? Plan to start small, 3x5 closet for flowering, etc.

OK, I meant 800 grams per M2. Others have mentioned growing experience as a factor. I grew for 2 years but never grew SOG. My first crop will be regular plants, after which I'll clone the best plant(s). Would I need to go with SOG setup with 1 plant per square foot to expect the advertised yield?

So Mr Greenjeans, great minds must think alike. Nice handle.

If you're looking for personal growth, there is a lot of reading to do on this site that will assist you. Once you've committed to a plan, I think you'll find helpful resources here.

In my view and experience, this is more of an international farmers-helping-farmers data exchange. You're post seems vague and circuitous.

Get some beans, plant 'em and ask away.

Latest posts

Back