Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gooode morning! 63F @ 77% RH, clear skies and predicted to reach 81F. Windows open and fans going cooling the house down.

Two steps forward on the Medusa project and one back. I finally got confirmation on my extraction lab for testing results, but my LPG testing lab bailed so I'm back to square one again.

Housekeepers this morning, so some quality time at Fernhill dog park with Miss Layla. Good that it is cooling down. For the first time ever, I picked up the leash and Layla just laid on the cool floor and looked at me. Our shepherds laugh at cold, but don't do heat well.

A doctor appointment this afternoon for steroid injections into my left thumb joint and ring finger to address arthritic pain and trigger finger.

Good morning ya all

64 going up to 98 today

biscuits and gravy at the Senior center this morning where I will chop it up with some local farmers and find out how everyone’s wheat crops turned out and what are the predictions on the upcoming corn harvest

there are a couple of cute farmers wives that will be there and they always make the place prettier

E573B0BE-411C-4151-A30D-D504E6CC731F.jpeg

B34816E1-043A-4F44-954C-FF99B3CC47C0.jpeg

93163A18-530A-434F-A55E-7774C2D0B865.jpeg

67D02AA7-B915-435B-A574-1E10C772DA4A.jpeg

8D514CCA-7E42-4218-9289-EBB75E08BD6F.jpeg

Ahoy, shipmates. Got my arse outta bed and dragged my lovely bride up for brunch at the local diner that finally reopened. I think this is the fourth owner since it was built 40 odd years ago.
Got a half pound burger and onion rings, and the Old Hen got the Chef's breakfast; eggs, sausage links, hash browns, Texas toast, etc.) Food was great and lots of it. Came to a whopping $18.64 w/o tip, and we both wound up taking half of our food home. Not a bad deal at all.

83 and sticky, and calling for rain. Looks like it could happen any time. Also warning about high winds, quarter size hail, and popup tornados possible.
We'll see.

Got up n out early trying to beat the heat. Working on a 20 ton trailer's electric brakes and lights. Having to rebuild emergency brake system. Got it all wired up and did the test by pulling brake switch. Fried/smoked it! Switch shorted out. Now back to town for a $20 switch. So much for having it done before the heat kicked in. Bibs are already soaked.....

Cold homegrown cantaloupe for lunch mmmmm.

Want to go fishing later this evening. Only if it's not to hot at dark thirty...
big mouth.jpg

WAY too much silicone in those fun bags for me. I like's 'em natural, big or small or anywhere in between.
As Walter would say, TINS. Back around '79, I took a pair of tanks and fenders off of a '72 FLH down to Maco (remember them?) to have them painted. While I was there, there was a tall, skinny black dude that was hopping mad, screaming at the head honcho about the paint job they'd done on his '64 Caddy. Color was a beautiful Robin's egg blue. At a distance, this car was sweet.
I casually walked up unnoticed and took a gander at the paint job. This dude had paid for the "Presidential" paint job; the most expensive they offered, at $400. Lot of money back then.
They hadn't even washed the thing before painting it. You could see the bug and gnat wings sticking right through the fresh paint. If they'd done that to my Caddy, I'd have done more than scream, I'm tellin' ya.

Hoo, doggy! Darker than the insides of a cow out there. Got hit three times with a deluge, and it looks like more coming.
I'll be mowing my fanny off next week. Better than looking at cornflake colored grass, anyhoo.

Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that, after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality resolves into one possibility or the other.
1659568336537.png

patwi cat
1659565027753.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back