Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1659566861311.png

I'm glad they worked out for you brother, I can't walk thru the garden without cupping one of the snocaine flowers and deeply inhaling...where are you in flower...
I just flipped, 4 weeks. I usually go 6 or so, but each one has 8-10 heads! I've only so much height. I topped them one time around 6th node or so. Just the vegetation smells already. It's gonna be a stinker.

I guess he took the lump sum? How do you expect a guy to get by today with a mere 433.7 million? Pretty bad when they get way more than the "winner" did. I probably wouldn't sweat it, sleeping on a huge pile of 433.7 million
And Now depending on what state they will also pay up to 10% additional Tax when they spend it.
What a Cuntry ...........................

Gooode morning all! 60F @ 76% RH here this morning, with clouds, 3 mph breeze and predicted to soar to 77F.

A nice visit from old SPR partner Pharmerjoe, who now lives in southern Oregon, followed by a doctor's appointment for my hand, where they were running an hour late. Having previously caught their act, I was prepared with my Kindle.

Alas it looks like surgery to fix the trigger finger, but they will still shoot my left thumb joint with steroids, both ostensibly sometime today.

The house directly across the street just got burgled in broad daylight. Someone was watching close enough to figure out that they were out of pocket for a couple days, even though they have light timers. They went straight for the jewelry and ignored everything else.

Last edited:
Well, so much for the clear skies wish. More of the same this morning. Dark and damp with more rain coming. Can't whine too much. Michigan has the highest number of power outages in the nation, but mine never flickered. Lots of trees down due to high winds, but no 'naders reported.

Got a CAT scan scheduled for noon. They used to do a yearly lung xray for smokers and ex-smokers, but now it's the CAT scan thingie. Gonna do it once and then tell 'em to pack sand. Seems like the more they test stuff, the more crap they come up with. Ain't gonna spend my Golden Years as a slave to doctors and big pharma.

Had a a Club Brother whose wife was constipated and was using the bathroom. She, of course, was straining I'm guessing and she blew a weak spot on one of her arteries in her heart and died right there on the toilet. What a horrible way to find your Wife. She was an awesome lady and cool as hell. I had to tell our Club Members whom all loved her. It was a very sad time for us but most especially for her husband. They were an older couple.

Had a a Club Brother whose wife was constipated and was using the bathroom. She, of course, was straining I'm guessing and she blew a weak spot on one of her arteries in her heart and died right there on the toilet. What a horrible way to find your Wife. She was an awesome lady and cool as ****. I had to tell our Club Members whom all loved her. It was a very sad time for us but most especially for her husband. They were an older couple.
Some of them also say that while a person suffers from constipation, the pressure exerted for the bowel movement might also lead to brain stroke or heart attack in the bathroom. The Valsalva Maneuver can be very stressful to heart, lowering the blood flow to the heart. This can also result in faint syncope. The sudden release of straining motion in such cases also increases the blood flow unusually that might lead to intracerebral haemorrhage or a cardiac arrest. So, these two are the most likely ways for a person to get a heart attack or brain stroke in the bathroom.

It’s always worrisome when they say we found a shadow on your kidney tho… and now they are watching my enlarged aorta that way…
They like to keep you worried. They've tried to claim that I've got kidney/bladder cancer since '04. Finally told the doc to find something else, 'cause that one just ain't flying. No symptoms, and any fool knows that untreated renal cancer would put you under the sod in five years or less. He admitted that I was right.
Now, it's colon cancer. Go figure!

last check up was two years ago , new doc

he asked me what meds was I taking

i said none

doc looked at me and said really?

doh

doc said at my age most men were on about 5 different meds

like blood pressure meds , bladder meds , cholesterol meds , and such

no thanks doc , see you in a few more years

Latest posts

Back