Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I`ve read stories and seen videos of Cassowarys.....mean sons a bitches !!
peace
The one that killed the guy last year... that was NOT one of Scooter's. The guy went in to his one bird's enclosure to retrieve something -- a procedure that is never done -- and it nailed him.

Now here is human nature in all its nakediditty: Scott was going to go to the auction of the guy's murderbird, since he raises them for sale to zoos all over the world as a business.

Turned out, there were LOTS of people that wanted a cassowary with a killer rep!

Scotty just watched in amazement as the bidding went through anything reasonable in seconds. He gets about $15K for one, but that retail number was 'way back in the woods.

This is an actual-size footprint of the "Jurassic" bird shown above:

1605266569306.png

HEY!!! I just noticed -- in the upper right [left, idjit] of that pic, you can see a lobster caught right offa Boca Raton. It overhangs a 30" board. And I got the deer with my crossbow.

Last edited:
Dang it... I am finding a lot of crazy pics, but not what I'm looking for.

This is the metal cap from an 8-foot tall cyclone fence corner post. One of Scooter's cassowaries pried it off and ATE it. This is what it looked like when it got pooped out:

1605267778772.png

Gooode morning! 47F @ 86% RH, rain, and predicted to soar to 52F.

A quality day spent assembling show and tell for the upcoming arbitration hearing and answering Graywolf correspondence. Pretty much all the correspondence JD myself gets, is bills and junk mail.

Back to Auto Cad and my articles today, with hopefully a nice nap and some debauchery.

Cool stuff Unca , I could listen to you tell stories for days ...I have such a mundane and ordinary life , only story I have is my rooster bit me a couple,of times....big deal huh

I once got knocked off a scaffold on the 9th floor of a 13 story hotel we were building in Tulsa Oklahoma in 1981......knocked right over into the empty elevator shaft and I wouldn’t be here if the carpenters had nt put some aluminum I-beams with plywood on them on the 6th floor..

I woke up 3 days later in the hospital with a broken back....with a wife and three kids , I was back on the job in 90 days....and Reagan was inaugurated while I was convalescing at the Oklahoma Osteopathic hospital

have a groovy day ya all

I saw a show (on PBS, I think) where some dudes were tweaking some chicken dna within a fertilized egg. One tweak caused teeth to grow in the beak, while another one caused the chicken to grow a tail with vertebrates. They didn't let them grow to hatching size. I often wondered why they didn't start with a Cassowary, which is much closer to a dinosaur than a common chicken. They'd have some real Jurassic Park stuff going on.

42F @ 85% RH, raining, and predicted to reach 47F with 6 mph winds.

Blustery wet morning dawg walk yesterday, with my pants wet from the knees down, but Miss Layla doesn't care. It's all good!

My lower back continues to whine and snivel so more quality time spent stretching.

Caught up on answering e-mails and made progress on an article.

Latest posts

Back