Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gawd! That must taste awful. How can you stand it? I was OK until we got to the worm shit part.
Like it or not plants love worm and BAT shit. Wonder if we can get covid from guano.

Morning Misfits. Happy fried day. I will finish trimming today, cut the grass take a walk and get stoned. That should be a rap.

Running out of bud here and had to go check the secret spot and found a jar of decent buds but they were seedy .
I grabbed the jar and ran, I rolled a few joints and in for the night I fired one up, man it was nice reminds me of the old school smell from high school weed we got.
Loved that smell, so I have weed for a few more weeks, OOhra, I have to get my azz in gear and plant some seeds
If I can get the Back to cooperate

I have that encyclopedia and love it! If you are big into cooking, there is a companion set of 4 cookbooks, 1 each for Meat, Fish, Vegetables & Salads, and Desserts. One of these days, I'll try making bouchee a la reine, which I first had and loved at a restaurant called Bistrot Du Coin in Washington, DC.

Never had it, but it looks both tasty and elegant!

Yeah, if you like thunder and lightening and toad strangling rain!

Location, location, location, but also perspective as the farmer prays for rain on the same day the traveler prays for good weather.

39F @ 79% RH and predicted to reach 59F this double gaugus day in PNW Paradise!

Yesterday turned out more gorgeous than predicted and Miss Layla promoted extra outdoors time in the hood and the park. That girl just knows how to have a good time and is big hearted enough to share!!

Finding some interesting stuff in the Larousse Gastronomique culinary dictionary, but not what I was looking for, so I went on line and eureka!! Exactly what I should have done in the first place.

Besides reducing flavor essences in a rotovape, they also use it cook delicate soups and sauces at low temperature in a vacuum, so as to preserve more of the delicate flavors. That could be done in either of the vacuum stills that I tested if you bypassed the heat exchanger, so it could be turned into a house hold appliance. Sort of the opposite of the family pressure cooker and useful for not only delicate sauces and concentrating flavors, but fine brandies and ever useful white lightning...................

I love living way down south. I have a Bird-of-Paradise thingy in the front. It had been 40' tall, but the last hurricane blew it over and I had to chain-saw it to the nubs. <-- Did this on the casual word of a nursery owner: "Don't worry -- it'll come right back from the roots."

And it did. It has flowers on it that are remarkable in a coupla ways:

Honeybees get on the flowers and get stinking drunk. You can pet them. <-- TINS

The flowers look like flying white doves. Here is a photo of the flower in situ

1618050505816.png

Now compare carefully with the pic below. All I have done is removed background clutter... no other changes:

1618050633200.png

Ain't that da bomb??

43F @ 82% RH, cloudy with showers, and predicted to reach 52F.

Enjoyed the gorgeous weather with Miss Layla and pecked at the paper pile yesterday. I also tried out some Lemon Kush live resin that was pretty good.

Breakfast out with Grayfox and my chef friend this morning at an open air food pod. He is a nationally recognized chef and Le Cordon Bleu graduate, whom I am hoping to suck into my vacuum cooking experiments.

I love living way down south. I have a Bird-of-Paradise thingy in the front. It had been 40' tall, but the last hurricane blew it over and I had to chain-saw it to the nubs. <-- Did this on the casual word of a nursery owner: "Don't worry -- it'll come right back from the roots."

And it did. It has flowers on it that are remarkable in a coupla ways:

Honeybees get on the flowers and get stinking drunk. You can pet them. <-- TINS

The flowers look like flying white doves. Here is a photo of the flower in situ

View attachment 271352

Now compare carefully with the pic below. All I have done is removed background clutter... no other changes:

View attachment 271353

Ain't that da bomb??
Nature as art...................

34F @ 79% RH, triple gorgeous, and predicted to soar to 60F!

Hee, hee, hee, breakfast out yesterday and I sucked my chef friend into experimenting with me developing vacuum cuisine. He suggested that we start with stocks, which typically take a restaurant a week or more to make and which cooking under vacuum would lower the boiling point and preserve more of the delicate flavors. I realized that I have two new and one factory rebuilt Gast dual diaphragm vacuum pumps on the shelf and was wondering what they might be good for.

Speaking of sports....I don't watch Basketball, Baseball, NASCAR and maybe Football anymore....IMO they should move to China! I do still watch Golf and MMA. Hopefully the rain will hold off so I can watch the Masters while trimming later today.
Got ya beat. I don't watch any of the above. Golf? Really? More fun to watch paint dry.

Latest posts

Back