Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ole Liberalism at its best. Go figure. Definition of the word Liberal: open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values. Another words its okay to tear shit up because you don't give a **** about anyone or anything but yourself.

I was just giving an English Lesson on word definitions. I started with the first word that came to mind after reading GWs post. 😁

Liberal is an interesting label, whose meaning certainly seems to have changed. While it formerly meant open as its dictionary definition suggests, it now includes groups that are violently going for the throat of anyone with divergent views and opinions.

That breach of definition of course begs the question of exactly what their agenda is and who is stirring and financing it.

46F @ 85% RH, cloudy with sprinkles, and predicted to reach 61F.

A large crowd blocking intersections, some armed, breaking car windows, spraying drivers with "irritants".

Portland business complain of a shortage of applicants for open jobs, and blame it on the extra stimulus unemployment checks.

My SIL had her hip replacement replaced after several years of grief and their discovery that the prosthesis stem was too short. We picked up a walker for her and dropped it off.

Some of my bits and pieces for my project arrived and I made more progress on assembling my test sled. Alas one critical order was delivered short, but they still charged me for the full order. I sent them an email reporting the shortfall and asking that they correct it. Instead of action, I received an email asking me to rate their performance.............. I responded with a less kindly email than my first, and asked them to next day deliver the missing parts on their nickle.

Sadiyat when I was there was a boiling hot scrub desert with a power station, hydroponics nursery, and transmitting station (that I was building). It is a hellhole in reality. Someone left the Land Rover door open and goats ate all the seats leaving only the metal parts.

Liberal is an interesting label, whose meaning certainly seems to have changed. While it formerly meant open as its dictionary definition suggests, it now includes groups that are violently going for the throat of anyone with divergent views and opinions.

That breach of definition of course begs the question of exactly what their agenda is and who is stirring and financing it.

46F @ 85% RH, cloudy with sprinkles, and predicted to reach 61F.

A large crowd blocking intersections, some armed, breaking car windows, spraying drivers with "irritants".

Portland business complain of a shortage of applicants for open jobs, and blame it on the extra stimulus unemployment checks.

My SIL had her hip replacement replaced after several years of grief and their discovery that the prosthesis stem was too short. We picked up a walker for her and dropped it off.

Some of my bits and pieces for my project arrived and I made more progress on assembling my test sled. Alas one critical order was delivered short, but they still charged me for the full order. I sent them an email reporting the shortfall and asking that they correct it. Instead of action, I received an email asking me to rate their performance.............. I responded with a less kindly email than my first, and asked them to next day deliver the missing parts on their nickle.
I am half sorry I am not in your neighborhood.

We don't ever get to run anybody over, dammit. Since Gov. DiSantis made it perfectly legal to run Antifa/BLM arseholes over, NOBODY blocks NOBODY in Florida.

And I just had a snowplow ram put on my car, too.

1620393902394.png

Morning Misfits. I just read the last couple of pages and have come to the conclusion that there is No Hope....we belong on our own island far far from Christmas Town. Those offended by our behavior are simply WOKE RACISTS.

We resemble that remark and you are just too too kind to say so brother!

I am half sorry I am not in your neighborhood. We don't ever get to run anybody over, dammit. Since Gov. DiSantis made it perfectly legal to run Antifa/BLM arseholes over, NOBODY blocks NOBODY in Florida. And I just had a snowplow ram put on my car, too.

Alas, the DOJ was critical of how our Portland leaders handled the "social unrest" and feelings were hurt.

42F @ 79% RH, cloudy and predicted to reach 61F.

Got my control system wired for my test sled and replaced the cord to the the stirring hotplate I'm using, which the mice ate while it was in a rented storage locker. Still missing some tube fitting for the condenser, and I need to adapt an electrical box to fit the 1/2 hp motor and pick up some 4 wire SO cord for the controls and starting capacitor.

Grayfox ordered a prayer table for behind the sofa and it was delivered KD, but attaching the four legs and two drawer pulls was way less work than cutting up the shipping box full of styrofoam, et al. An excellent job packing and protecting the merchandise, but difficult to get rid of.

We have reservations this morning for a patio table at The Tin Shed for breakfast with a friend and an open calendar for debauchery otherwise this fine overcast Satyrday in Paradise.

so now do I say pute as in cute ot pute as in put , similar to put ‘em back?

I am so confused this morning!

why oh why can’t things just stay the same!?....

should I change my name to bigs or biggy now so I can be cool and hip?

I was hoping nobody would notice. I hardly fish that much anymore so I don't put em bk .....I just Pute now days. Didn't mean to confuse you biggie smalls. And you will never be cool.
Hey! Yer gonna hurt his feelings!

Name change. My nick name has been putembk since the 1980's but it doesn't fit anymore. I simply don't fish much anymore and therefore I don't put em bk now days. Pute means w h o r e in my dictionary and it fits me better these days. I am cheap and can be bought.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Name change. My nick name has been putembk since the 1980's but it doesn't fit anymore. I simply don't fish much anymore and therefore I don't put em bk now days. Pute means w h o r e in my dictionary and it fits me better these days. I am cheap and can be bought.

giphy.gif

The very first word of conversational Spanish that I learned was "puta".

You are miles ahead of me. I could never sell it. Nobody would buy it.

The very first word of conversational Spanish that I learned was "puta".

You are miles ahead of me. I could never sell it. Nobody would buy it.

i went back to college late in life (13 yrs ago) to take some classes in Horticulture and lasted two semesters with a 3.2 gpa and one of my electives was Spanish 1

so I signed up cause I thought with all the Spanglish that I knew I would surly ace the class

come to find out all those words I learned on the street didn’t do me no good in the classroom

puto , pinchey cabrone , verga , pinocha , beso mi culo , caca , and other deleted expletives , I could never work them words into any assignments

i was lucky to get out of that class with a C

and I only got that because the good looking professora talked about a soap she purchased in Spain and wished she could find some in Kansas

so I found some and bought her a few bars and gave them to her....she was so happy and surprised and thanked me generously

but alas , she returned them to me the next week after class and said it was unethical for her to receive gifts from students and I said I understand

and then I kissed her

07C2CDBA-7197-435A-9415-40AAE10CC266.jpeg
EEAEEC99-3546-48EB-A507-916468951E7E.jpeg

@Big, where did you go to school? WSU I bet. I went there my sophomore year before dropping out and getting to spend 24 months working for the big Green Machine (Army). I also took lots of Spanish in grade, HS and one year in college. I did pretty good until we started conjugating verbs. I can speak well enough to get by when in Mexico.

@Putembk

Hutchinson

one day I was in the Biology lab cleaning Bunson burners (college work study=free money) when the Physics professor came in the room and asked me if I wanted to be part of an experiment over at the Kansas Cosmosphere which is next door to the college

sure , why not , this could be interesting

the Cosmosphere has a centrifuge for testing g forces on humans , it’s a one seater

my job was to sit in the centrifuge and hold a pendulum and see what happens at at 1 g , 2 g , and 3 g speeds

the experiment was a success and I passed Biology 101

Latest posts

Back