Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mornin’ misfits

7D97EA8F-8B37-4024-BF66-111B6989B420.jpeg

I just ordered a Derale 13700 16 pass remote fluid cooler from Summit Racing to give it a try. Copper coils with aluminum fins and a 650 cfm 12VDC fan. I'm also going to complete the vapor to fluid condenser since I have all the parts. It will be interesting to compare the two.
Let us know how it goes. I made a fair bit of cash with my Saudi machine. Damn risky though!

Open the battery pack and get the numbers off the ones in there and ebay replacements , little solder and the old leads and connector and done

Alas, I've already done that and no numbers or name on the battery beyond 11.2V 1100mAh and no 11.2VDC batterys on line resembling it. I took it to the local battery store and they were mystified, so I suspect it was a proprietary design and build.

Let us know how it goes. I made a fair bit of cash with my Saudi machine. Damn risky though!

I shall, but doubt there is as much market for underground white lightning here in Rip City as there is in Saudi Arabia and I'm too old and pretty to go to jail.

Last edited:
Alas, I've already done that and no numbers or name on the battery beyond 11.2V 1100mAh and no 11.2VDC batterys on line resembling it. I took it to the local battery store and they were mystified, so I suspect it was a proprietary design and build.

I shall, but doubt there is as much market for underground white lightning here in Rip City as there is in Saudi Arabia and I'm too old and pretty to go to jail.
You'da been lucky for just jail. It was just this April the little darlings over there ended the death penalty for children ( !!! ) and flogging for alcohol.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...-ends-death-penalty-minors-floggings-70353516"Last year, Saudi Arabia executed a young man convicted of crimes that took place when he was 16 years old. Abdulkareem al-Hawaj was found guilty of offences related to his participation in protests in Shiite-populated areas of Saudi Arabia."

You'da been lucky for just jail. It was just this April the little darlings over there ended the death penalty for children ( !!! ) and flogging for alcohol.

Ummmm, I've been led to believe that their jails don't meet Better Homes and Gardens standards either.........................

53F @ 79% RH, triple gaugus, and predicted to reach 81F.

Portland finally admitting we have a serious gang violence issue and is accepting FBI assistance.

Delightful breakfast at the Cadalliac Cafe indoors yesterday and was dismayed to see their pink 60's Cadilliac convertable was gone, so they could use the floor space for more tables at social distance. Glad to see they made the cut, cause a number of good restaurants didn't.

Grayfox picked up some New York cuts and we will be experimenting tonight with the sous vide, followed by searing in a panini press. We invited our retired Le Cordon Bleu chef friend for dinner, as well as advice and council.

I will also introduce him to my vacuum cooking test sled and conspire on the best way to proceed. I will be relying on him heavily on the his more refined sense of taste part, as well as his expertise in sauces and stocks.[/QUOTE]

Fighting climbing humidity here. Usually dry here and humidity and problems associated with high humidity aren't a problem. Been so wet here that the r/h is approaching 60% in my flower tent. Fans will be turned up and will be doing a few other things to keep the mold and p/m from showing up.

Unfortunately the next few days are gonna be cool and more rain every day. Humidity is 80% outside currently and will climb higher as the afternoon storms move in again today.

Got p/m a couple of years ago and it is something I don't need now. Pain in the arise.

Fighting climbing humidity here. Usually dry here and humidity and problems associated with high humidity aren't a problem. Been so wet here that the r/h is approaching 60% in my flower tent. Fans will be turned up and will be doing a few other things to keep the mold and p/m from showing up.

Unfortunately the next few days are gonna be cool and more rain every day. Humidity is 80% outside currently and will climb higher as the afternoon storms move in again today.

Got p/m a couple of years ago and it is something I don't need now. Pain in the arise.

get some Oxidate for pm if you don’t have some already

one can spray 24 hours before harvest and pm will disappear immediately

OMRI approved

I have Oxidate, and several other remedies from a sulphur burner to Safer Fungicide and so on. But, I would rather not get it in the first place. Ha Ha! Humidity still a problem. Up 5% inside the house. Right now it is 47% in the flower room with all fans running on high. Problem is when the lights go off the drying effect from the heat from the lights goes away. This morning when the lights popped on it was 56%. Gonna probably go over 60% tonight. Gonna be like this for the next few days.

Saudi is the planet's cloaca let me tell you. I have been to more than 30 countries (not as a tourist) and Saudi was one of the absolute worst.

Never been, don't have any intention of going. Why is it so much worse than many other less desirable places on the planet.

Why is it so much worse than many other less desirable places on the planet.
Well. I have been to many, many of the places that somebody called "s__thole" countries. And in most of them, it's decent folk struggling with horrible circumstances. But Saudi is special. Despite all the money almost nothing works. If something happens it's always Allah's fault. I had a hellish year. 8 of us engineers went, 2 failed to return, mown down by a National Guard truck on the wrong side of the road. $2,000 compensation to their families. They are so arrogant it's unbelievable, but most of them are thick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it so much worse than many other less desirable places on the planet.
Well. I have been to many, many of the places that somebody called "s__thole" countries. And in most of them, it's decent folk struggling with horrible circumstances. But Saudi is special. Despite all the money almost nothing works. If something happens it's always Allah's fault. I had a hellish year. 8 of us engineers went, 2 failed to return, mown down by a National Guard truck on the wrong side of the road. $2,000 compensation to their families. They are so arrogant it's unbelievable, but most of them are thick.
I have never seen what you just described....respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back