Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta share --

1620820667281.png

Gray wolf How is the secret weapon coming along, any progress?

The vacuum cooking part is on line, but still working on the condenser for alcohol recovery. I'm be back on it once I sort out my new computer so that I'm functional again.

I know and now I have ptsd , not vd , it gets really bad about 10:30 am when the mail is delivered

Congratulations on the cure brother big! Was the ptsd the only side effect?

52F @ 74% RH, partially cloudy, and predicted to reach 79F.

Wal, new computer integration expanded to fit the available time and then some. Alas my webmaster won't be available again until tomorrow for support sooooo, today I'm on my own. The computer itself is working fine and it should be slick once shaken out, but sorting it out is fighting every step of the way.

The first problem was the firewall lost its mind, adding another hour. We finally regained internet access, but I still can't access my home email. I can open the account, but no mail downloads and I lost all my historical files. I'll be on the line again with Century Link again this morning, attempting to retrieve it.

I organized all my favorites again last night, but after rebooting, the computer gods dumped them all, leaving me to start over again this morning imputing addresses, passwords, and curse words.

It will also take me a bit to figure out how best to use it, as it is one computer with three 1T hard drives. One is set up Window 7, and the other two with Windows 10. The really good news is that my webmaster was able to reload my Auto Cad 2002, so that I don't have to buy a new license for my Auto Cad 2015 just to be able to continue to play.

I actually bought the 2002 program, but by 2015 they were just leasing the programs out and required regular relicensing with fees. The only reason I leased the 2015 program for WulfWurx, was to be able to open Auto Cad drawings made on later programs and its been a while since anyone has sent me one.

@GW............only other side effect is the urge to lick stamps....I just get some ice cream or the old lady or both and then the urge disappears

Licking stamps doesn't help, but sometimes biting someone relieves my ptsd.

Bush Dr;15687240 said:
Just took the dogs for the afternoon walk, we’ve lost so many trees over the past few years, Dutch Elm did for the Elms which used to be a big part of the countryside, now Ash Dieback is taking out the Ash trees Dutch Elm is a fungus introduced by a beetle that slowly chokes the xylem and floem tubes, new trees do really well then @15ft the tubes are so clogged the trees die, over 25 million trees in 5 years were lost in the UK in the early 70’s .... Ash Dieback has only recently appeared from contaminated imports This hedge used to be a row of old trees 40 to 60’ high, hundreds of years old, the Elms are long gone and now the Ash are dying ... including the pollarded one mentioned in the Domesday Book

The beautiful old Elms died out here too brother.........................

Ummmmm, did we lose Burnie?

53F @ 75% RH, Partially cloudy, and predicted to reach 77F.

A quality day spent trying to get my computer back up and operating, with much progress, but still open issues for the webmaster today.

I located the polypropylene tubing and clamps that I needed at Motion and Flow here locally. It cost me $0.86 a foot, versus $0.20 per foot on line, but I didn't have to buy 100 feet or pay $25 for delivery.

I also got hold of Subzero Scientific, who agreed to wind the condenser coil for me, so moving along again. The bad news is that the computer crash cost me my Auto Cad design work to date on the sled.

Last edited:
Sorry you are having computer issues GW. Thankfully my SIL is an IT guy and always call on him to resolve any problems I have. Good thing to cause I don't do computers. I have always had people to handle my computer problems. At work we had a full time IT guy plus an outside vendor. Unfortunately that allowed me to sit back and play stupid.

Yard work today. Still haven't fired up my sprinklers. Been so wet in these parts.....free water. I will take it. Need to do that sooner than later though. Always something wrong when you first start things up.

Time for a walk.

Condensor coil? What's that for? When I built my still I went to the parts shop and bought a new air conditioner radiator, a replacement part. Or you could use a (new) car tranny cooler. With a simple fan blowing through, it works super incredibly well.

Sorry you are having computer issues GW. Thankfully my SIL is an IT guy and always call on him to resolve any problems I have. Good thing to cause I don't do computers. I have always had people to handle my computer problems. At work we had a full time IT guy plus an outside vendor. Unfortunately that allowed me to sit back and play stupid.

I relied on our IP department for computer maintenance both at work and at home until I retired and then it fell on my ex BIL. He's younger, but in worse shape than me, soooo I've started branching out relying on geek friends. Alas, this time I'm paying $100/hr..................

Condensor coil? What's that for? When I built my still I went to the parts shop and bought a new air conditioner radiator, a replacement part. Or you could use a (new) car tranny cooler. With a simple fan blowing through, it works super incredibly well.

Good idea! I'll check them out! What was yours made of?

58F @ 66% RH, partially cloudy, and predicted to reach 80F.

More progress on getting the computer operating but still no Auto Cad. I can bring it up, but id defaults and resets in the middle of operations. God I love/hate computers...................

Still working on getting a condenser coil. The first $500 bid out of stainless was out of my budget for a test sled, so decided to wrap one out of the 100' of 1/2" copper tube I have in stock. It will work fine for my purposes and I already own the copper.

Cleaning ladies today, so we will be spending some quality time at Fernhill dog park with Miss Layla this morning while they strut their stuff. I cleaned up my messes yesterday to make way for them.

Morning Misfits. Spring looks like it is moving in and the cold is turning is turning into planting season..... almost. Still gonna have a couple of late season Frost's. Happens every year. Will fire up my sprinkler sysfem today.

Just heard that the whole Denver metroplex is opening to 100% capacity this weekend. Take this mask and shove it.....I ain't wearing it no more.

This was in Saudi. A couple from Kentucky showed me their build so I copied it. A 5 gallon Swiss made stainless pressure cooker. Modified to output the vapour. I placed this on a 1.5KW electric hotplate. The outlet from the cooker was monitored by a thermometer then went to the condenser, which was the heat exchanger (rad) for an Avana air conditioner. I had a Sanyo extract fan pushing air through it. The super useful thing is, when you see the temp change from methyl to ethyl, you just turn off the fan. The whole contents of the rad will be blown out by the vapour. So you throw that away, turn on the fan and begin collecting ethyl.
I went to the store and it was the last one in stock. The guy said, "There must be a manufacturing defect, we have sold all the spare radiators in just three weeks." Hahahahahahaha I thought.

This was in Saudi. A couple from Kentucky showed me their build so I copied it. A 5 gallon Swiss made stainless pressure cooker. Modified to output the vapour. I placed this on a 1.5KW electric hotplate. The outlet from the cooker was monitored by a thermometer then went to the condenser, which was the heat exchanger (rad) for an Avana air conditioner. I had a Sanyo extract fan pushing air through it. The super useful thing is, when you see the temp change from methyl to ethyl, you just turn off the fan. The whole contents of the rad will be blown out by the vapour. So you throw that away, turn on the fan and begin collecting ethyl. I went to the store and it was the last one in stock. The guy said, "There must be a manufacturing defect, we have sold all the spare radiators in just three weeks." Hahahahahahaha I thought.

I just ordered a Derale 13700 16 pass remote fluid cooler from Summit Racing to give it a try. Copper coils with aluminum fins and a 650 cfm 12VDC fan. I'm also going to complete the vapor to fluid condenser since I have all the parts. It will be interesting to compare the two.

YIKES!!! MORE ON THE UFO'S
Right off San Diego... and it turns out our sum-barines have been aware of underwater "UFO's" that whiz around at hundreds of miles per hour (impossible, but tough shit).

Here's the USS Omaha where the footage was shot:

1621076633963.png

Last edited:
50F @ 71% RH, triple gorgeous, and predicted to reach 81F.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu! I've got most of my computer programs operating, including my 32 bit 2002 Auto Cad program. It was the last Auto Cad program that I actually owned, as the 2012 and 2015 could only be "leased". I don't need the later programs to draw, only to open drawings by others using newer programs.

I was sorting through treasures and found a still in the box NO2 Vapir portable vaporizer that my son left behind. About a $100 unit, but alas the battery won't charge and costs $40. I tried it out and it does work using the power cord, but not sure how much use I would get out of it, so am tongue in cheek about springing for a new battery.

Breakfast out with Grayfox and a friend at the Cadillac Cafe this morning. With restrictions loosened, they are open again and have a delightful menu.

50F @ 71% RH, triple gorgeous, and predicted to reach 81F.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu! I've got most of my computer programs operating, including my 32 bit 2002 Auto Cad program. It was the last Auto Cad program that I actually owned, as the 2012 and 2015 could only be "leased". I don't need the later programs to draw, only to open drawings by others using newer programs.

I was sorting through treasures and found a still in the box NO2 Vapir portable vaporizer that my son left behind. About a $100 unit, but alas the battery won't charge and costs $40. I tried it out and it does work using the power cord, but not sure how much use I would get out of it, so am tongue in cheek about springing for a new battery.

Breakfast out with Grayfox and a friend at the Cadillac Cafe this morning. With restrictions loosened, they are open again and have a delightful menu.
Open the battery pack and get the numbers off the ones in there and ebay replacements , little solder and the old leads and connector and done

Latest posts

Back