Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno what you have that hurts, but I have a coupla suggestions:

Suggestion #1 -- Diclofenac comes in a tube and is a topical ointment. It can be bought over the counter. $12. No Rx. I use it every fargin day for the busted/worn-out/shot-up/ 80+ year-old body parts I have like back, shoulders, knees, neck. It has no side effects to make you woozy or whatever. Just squoosh some on your hand and apply it to the owie part of you.

It will relieve pain in just five minutes. Lasts about 3-4 hours.

Suggestion #2-- From MySonTheDoctor: There are pain clinics where you can get cortisone shots. Safe, removes all the owies.
Three herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, severe sciatic nerve damage on both sides, severe cervical nerve damage, and moderate to severe arthritis from my saddle to my sombrero. Topicals don't work. Been the pain clinic route. Six cortisone shots in my spine. Worked for a day.

The three Oxys I ate last night weren't the time release type. I've got some of those, but three would end any pain I have on a permanent basis. The time release ones are a one only thing. They still don't work without beer for a kicker. I also worked up the dose on the regular Oxys slowly. One didn't cut it. Two wasn't any better. Three killed the pain. Stop at three.

I don't worry about constipation, as I only use them around once a month, sometimes even less. I imagine everyday use would bring all kinds of problems with it. I don't even like to take aspirins, but now and then I need a little relief.

Three herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, severe sciatic nerve damage on both sides, severe cervical nerve damage, and moderate to severe arthritis from my saddle to my sombrero. Topicals don't work. Been the pain clinic route. Six cortisone shots in my spine. Worked for a day.

The three Oxys I ate last night weren't the time release type. I've got some of those, but three would end any pain I have on a permanent basis. The time release ones are a one only thing. They still don't work without beer for a kicker. I also worked up the dose on the regular Oxys slowly. One didn't cut it. Two wasn't any better. Three killed the pain. Stop at three.

I don't worry about constipation, as I only use them around once a month, sometimes even less. I imagine everyday use would bring all kinds of problems with it. I don't even like to take aspirins, but now and then I need a little relief.
eating half way right will go a long way. When clogged avoid the BRAT rule, Bananas, Rice, Apples and Toast, when flowing too freely, apply BRAT rule. Constant use of opiods will require something more to keep the flow. They say Elvis died on the toilet...

bubba

Damn Hippie. I had no idea your back was that screwed up. I thought I had back pain...... I went and had it worked on a couple of months back and he straightened out and as long as I do the daily exercises and stretches I can get by. I haven't asked for pain pills cause it's not bad enough to do something to mask the pain. Any lifting I do such as pots I always wear a weight belt. If I don't I pay for it.

eating half way right will go a long way. When clogged avoid the BRAT rule, Bananas, Rice, Apples and Toast, when flowing too freely, apply BRAT rule. Constant use of opiods will require something more to keep the flow. They say Elvis died on the toilet...

bubba
My brother died on the toilet. Doc said it was normal for somebody hooked on opiods to die there cause of straining to do their business. He was a hopeless addict....he took them to get high and not for pain like Hippie.

By the way....his autopsy listed the cause of death as a pneumonia.....That is pure B S.....I know better. I think his wife wanted it that way. They were both in denial regarding their addiction. Wouldn't accept or seek help. In the end it got the best of him....dead at 63......

Last edited:
Damn it is a hot and humid day. Been working in the yard and veggie garden. I can't take the heat or the cold anymore. Fricken Japanese beetles are here in full force. After my flowers, beans and grapes so far. I have two traps out and have caught almost a hundred in less that 24 hours. Another year of fighting these little pricks.

figure-japanese-beetle-3.jpg

I plan on killing hundreds if not thousands of these pests before I am done.

Sorry to hear about your brother, Pute. I honest to God can't understand how anybody gets high on the crap. I've never got the least bit of a buzz off the stuff. All they do for me is make the pain disappear. Got 70 last year from a friend that couldn't take 'em 'cause they made him puke. Still got 53 left.

I have heard story after story about getting a prescription for pain pills and getting hooked on them. My brother was the same. Hurt his shoulder on an ATV and then tore out his knee. Never could get off the things. I don't know Hippie but he sure got wasted on the stuff. Not sure what all he was taken but it got the best of him in the end. My mother was the same.....died in her sleep....so many drugs her heart stopped.

Not me....I ain't doing that shit.

Sorry to hear about your brother, Pute. I honest to God can't understand how anybody gets high on the crap. I've never got the least bit of a buzz off the stuff. All they do for me is make the pain disappear. Got 70 last year from a friend that couldn't take 'em 'cause they made him puke. Still got 53 left.
Effects me just the opposite. I still feel the pain, or am aware of it. The part of my brain that gives a care less goes on.
And it makes me quite high. It is a very boring high I always thought.

Bubba

Other than the boring high part, that's exactly how weed affects me. There's lots of times I can manage pain with a couple of tokes of bubble hash. It relaxes me enough that I can find a position that'll give me some relief, and make me not really care so much.

Oddly, For joint pain, I've had pretty good results with plain old Aspercreme, over the counter, in a toothpaste style tube. That said I dont have much chronic pain, thumbs have a touch of the "rheumatism." Back a little sore, If I stay under 180 it just nags a little when I first get up or sit too long. bubba

I get good results from my CBD topical: 9.5.2 Graywolf’s EZ CBD Topical

OK You stated that - With the vaporizer, I can also vary the strain to adjust to need, ranging from pure CBD crystal, to pure THC crystal, are the CBD ones the same you use in the lotion you helped me make? If so how does one vape that white crystal almost powder? Can it be sprinkled on a bowl of weed and smoked?

If you heat your dab tool slightly, the crystals will stick to it, so you can dab a heat nail with it.

Attached is the test sled work in progress that you asked to see. The reflux column will fit either the large 5.8 gallon pot, or the smaller 0.7 gallon or 1.5 gallon ones. The pots sit in aluminum beads to provide a "double boiler" effect and even out the heat. The pump pulls the system down to -23" Hg, and the radiator cools down vapors before passing them through the vapor to liquid heat exchanger using either cold water or ice water, into the half gallon collection jar. There is a thermocouple in the pot to control heat via PID and another thermocouple in the column head to read temperature there.

Effects me just the opposite. I still feel the pain, or am aware of it. The part of my brain that gives a care less goes on. And it makes me quite high. It is a very boring high I always thought. Bubba

Alas, other than take the raw edge off, they do nothing for me, including not making the actual the pain go away.

59F @ 69% RH, gorgeous with 5 mph wind and predicted to reach 84F.

A mass shooting with at least seven injured and one killed. Multiple suspicious fires set in Salem and our wild fires continue out of control.

Breakfast out at the Cadillac Cafe with Grayfox and NM.

I finished wiring my test sled and await receipt of one thermocouple for the column head and the diffusion pan for under the large still.

Still trying to find my sprinkler system leak. I've isolated the leak to somewhere after the BFP and will next try putting compressed air through the system to see if I can find the leak by sound.

Dabbing live resin and dirty diamonds this morning.
Test sled evolving.jpg

Holy smokes, Hippie... my heart goes out to you. And your explanation of your 3 pills makes sense.

Man sounds like we are twins, I have pretty much the same things
My legs are now going numb with pain hard to walk most days
really sucks, my reg doc will tell me go to pain management and I refuse after the last time they almost killed me.

Other than the boring high part, that's exactly how weed affects me. There's lots of times I can manage pain with a couple of tokes of bubble hash. It relaxes me enough that I can find a position that'll give me some relief, and make me not really care so much.
I can now see this. Previously I just didnt find weed to provide pain relief. I knew it obviously could, so many with positive results.
One type of weed from a odd twisted plant smelled strongly of orange, so I left it grow. 1 or 2 small hits removes my slight, not really chronic, back pain when first up. Cant take advantage most mornings as I have to go to work, and that wouldnt work out very well.

Bubba

Damn Hippie. I had no idea your back was that screwed up. I thought I had back pain...... I went and had it worked on a couple of months back and he straightened out and as long as I do the daily exercises and stretches I can get by. I haven't asked for pain pills cause it's not bad enough to do something to mask the pain. Any lifting I do such as pots I always wear a weight belt. If I don't I pay for it.

My brother died on the toilet. Doc said it was normal for somebody hooked on opiods to die there cause of straining to do their business. He was a hopeless addict....he took them to get high and not for pain like Hippie.

By the way....his autopsy listed the cause of death as a pneumonia.....That is pure B S.....I know better. I think his wife wanted it that way. They were both in denial regarding their addiction. Wouldn't accept or seek help. In the end it got the best of him....dead at 63......
Thats right. I've read (have no way to verify) that the coroner or reports and so forth was Elvis was basically full of "clay". It is not uncommon to pass in this position. Elvis was being cranked up in the AM and cranked back down on narcotics in PM. Over and over. I believe he was in his 40's at death. I remember towards the end, he would be on stage, propped up and missing words. So young and so sad. Unfortunately, that isnt so uncommon either. Condolences for your brother, Pute.

Bubba

I felt sorry for Elvis. Fame, fortune, and all the friends that money could by, but not one true one.
I had a kid that I grew up with get really stupid with coke. His mother, still my neighbor at the time, called me up and told me that she'd tried to call him, but the number was disconnected. They were about to repo the house and van. His lights and gas had been shut off. I told her to call the Vail Center at Lapeer Hospital and tell 'em we were on the way.
I drove over to his house and banged on the door until he opened it. The house was a cesspit. I told him he had three choices. #1, he could hop in my truck and I'd drop him off to the bus station to get a ticket out of state so his mother and I didn't have to watch him die, or #2, he could sign the admittance papers at Vail and clean his act up, or #3, I'd break every bone in his body except his right hand and force him to sign the papers.
He broke down crying and said he'd go tomorrow. I said nope, we're going now. I guess the look in my eyes said we'd be doing option 3 if he didn't get in the truck.
90 days later, he's a clean man. He never was the same around me again (I think it was due to the shame), but he was still alive until cancer took him out. His mama sure did love me.
One true friend would have saved Elvis.

I felt sorry for Elvis. Fame, fortune, and all the friends that money could by, but not one true one.
I had a kid that I grew up with get really stupid with coke. His mother, still my neighbor at the time, called me up and told me that she'd tried to call him, but the number was disconnected. They were about to repo the house and van. His lights and gas had been shut off. I told her to call the Vail Center at Lapeer Hospital and tell 'em we were on the way.
I drove over to his house and banged on the door until he opened it. The house was a cesspit. I told him he had three choices. #1, he could hop in my truck and I'd drop him off to the bus station to get a ticket out of state so his mother and I didn't have to watch him die, or #2, he could sign the admittance papers at Vail and clean his act up, or #3, I'd break every bone in his body except his right hand and force him to sign the papers.
He broke down crying and said he'd go tomorrow. I said nope, we're going now. I guess the look in my eyes said we'd be doing option 3 if he didn't get in the truck.
90 days later, he's a clean man. He never was the same around me again (I think it was due to the shame), but he was still alive until cancer took him out. His mama
Come On Man We all know you pulled out that Big Toothbrush of yours
Nice Job Hippie

Two Elvis stories told at Graceland when I visited were one, Elvis loved Cadillacs. The dealer he went to was often frequented by an older Black man, who also came to feed his love for the Cadillacs. Elvis got to know him from a distance, bumping into him at this dealership. One day after learning this man couldnt afford one, was just drooling at his favorite dream car. Elvis bought him his choice on the spot.

Another, showing he had learned at least something about true vs untrue friends. Lot of people at Graceland that evening, Elvis looking down at them from bedroom window. There is a large fountain out front, and he threw about 5 grand out the window, which drifted down and in fountain.

People jumped in after the cash, Elvis stated. "Look at them, no class at all." Loved his notion of contacting close friends (or whatever, the Memphis Mafia) making them all drop everything and come now. Onto the Lisa Marie, to Hawaii or where ever, no time to pack, and no need. He bought everything they would need on arrival...clothes everything.

Got to love that attitude!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back