Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She be a wiggly Worm indeed

Like ridding a wild bronco, you mount first, get a good grip, and then turn them loose.

God bless the sweet lady who showed me what the hula is really meant for.

Goode morning ya'll! 61F @ 67% RH, gorgeous, and predicted to reach 88F.

No riots or mass shootings yesterday and the smoke from the five major wild fires keeping away, so air quality still good.

Some design work on a vacuum filtration system to fit the test sled and parts ordered, but mostly a kicked back day reading and frolicking in the dog park with Miss Layla.

1626726941506.png
1626726984245.png

Saw some spiders on my #1 grow. Green, or white. I leave them alone to eat the pests. Unless I see one of these:
1626732585541.png

In which case I carefully relocate it. (That's a Brown Huntsman)
My favourites are the Mexican Bold Jumping Spiders which have emerald-green fangs and two rows of four eyes. (Harmless to us)

Saw some spiders on my #1 grow. Green, or white. I leave them alone to eat the pests. Unless I see one of these:
View attachment 275598
My favourites are the Mexican Bold Jumping Spiders which have emerald-green fangs and two rows of four eyes. (Harmless to us)
Recluse correct?
Oh Im talking about the spider not half the members here lol

All spiders must die!

I got dragged along to Hamady's for grocery shopping by my mother. Guess she didn't trust me to stay home alone when I was three. Anyhoo, I was over in the produce section when I dropped something and got on my knees to see where it rolled under one of the bins. I spotted the ugliest spider I'd ever seen and let out a three old boy scream. Mom wanted to know what was going on, and about that time the produce manager came running up to see what was going on. I'm choking back tears telling my mom about this hideous arachnid when the manager asked me to describe it. As I did, I noticed his eyeballs getting larger, but he tried not to alarm me. Turns out he'd seen the type of spider before. They came in truck loads of bananas. He said they were called wandering spiders, and they were highly venomous. Didn't matter if they weren't. Still scared the shit outta me.

View attachment 275598
In the spring I kill several Brown Recluse. Sometimes more than several. I hate ground spiders. Especially poisonous ones.

Bubba

All spiders must die!

I got dragged along to Hamady's for grocery shopping by my mother. Guess she didn't trust me to stay home alone when I was three. Anyhoo, I was over in the produce section when I dropped something and got on my knees to see where it rolled under one of the bins. I spotted the ugliest spider I'd ever seen and let out a three old boy scream. Mom wanted to know what was going on, and about that time the produce manager came running up to see what was going on. I'm choking back tears telling my mom about this hideous arachnid when the manager asked me to describe it. As I did, I noticed his eyeballs getting larger, but he tried not to alarm me. Turns out he'd seen the type of spider before. They came in truck loads of bananas. He said they were called wandering spiders, and they were highly venomous. Didn't matter if they weren't. Still scared the shit outta me.
Check out Brazilian Walking Spider. Highly venomous, and once disturbed, come after you.

Bubba

60F @ 81% RH, partially cloudy with 5 mph wind and predicted to reach 82F. Air quality remains good.

A drive by shooting at a local middle school and four armed robbers hijacking a car.

We received a $1200 water bill and despite hooking the system up to compressed air, I still can't find the leak. I have it turned off and the next step is digging up the different laterals and install valves to isolate the different legs until I find out which one is leaking.

I finished the design for my test sleds vacuum filtration system and ordered the parts I need. I also received the bid for the additional thermocouple and placed it on order.

We had Black Widow where I grew up and the Brown Recluse here, but I've yet to get bitten. One of my shirt tail relatives who is diabetic got bitten by a Brown Recluse and it rotted a hole the size of a baseball out of his leg.

60F @ 81% RH, partially cloudy with 5 mph wind and predicted to reach 82F. Air quality remains good.

A drive by shooting at a local middle school and four armed robbers hijacking a car.

We received a $1200 water bill and despite hooking the system up to compressed air, I still can't find the leak. I have it turned off and the next step is digging up the different laterals and install valves to isolate the different legs until I find out which one is leaking.

I finished the design for my test sleds vacuum filtration system and ordered the parts I need. I also received the bid for the additional thermocouple and placed it on order.

We had Black Widow where I grew up and the Brown Recluse here, but I've yet to get bitten. One of my shirt tail relatives who is diabetic got bitten by a Brown Recluse and it rotted a hole the size of a baseball out of his leg.
Maybe try a dowser ?

All spiders must die!

Ya big sissy. Was you wearing a dress. 😁 Just kidden brother. I fking hate spiders.:angiesfavorite: I can handle snakes all day long but i am scared of spiders.

Latest posts

Back