Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I isolate the right latteral, the water flow and water meter will stop running. I installed one isolation valve in the sprinkler system yesterday and eliminated the first half of the front garden as the location of my leak. More searching today.

Strange looking spider! We have a plethora of the Golden Orb web weavers here, which are absolutely gorgeous heavy with dew.

64F @ 73% RH, gorgeous, and predicted to reach 91F.

The filter plate for my test sled arrived from USA Labs and looks good. Still waiting for the second thermocouple to be able to run.

Dinner out at Sayler's Old Country Kitchen last night and breakfast at Cadillac Cafe this morning.

Low tire pressure warning on the Ford. I aired it up, but will be looking for the source of the leak today.
tHE HUNT FOR WATER CONTINUES
Have you the means to hire a sniffer dog, they say they can find a water leak LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
we get a lot these by my house. Spiny back orb weaver. Fantastic web builders. Scary looking but they say it's a beneficial spider. I hate spidersView attachment 275749
Yeah, I got them here. They are more crab than spider. Hard shell. Totally harmless except when the web makes me do a crazy dance in the dark on the way to pick up the paper.

Another wine we drank that would make one deathly ill
1627137027726.png

I have some large brown non hairy spiders that build huge webs every dusk, by morning they have taken it down and hiding nearby.
Web only up at night, so easy to walk through next to my house, by time I get to drive way I'm kung fu fight/spider web dance status.

Bubba

Yep, a half hour of cardio in five seconds or less. I have no problem handling snakes that can kill you in minutes or making violent love to mountain lions. No spiders for me, please.
I totally understand. I've ditched my bike and chased them off trails (pretty sure it was a black racer) dam it could move. Don't care for water snakes, very mean and I dont feel as in control of situation if I am in the water too. Caught one water snake, gigantic to me at time. maybe 13 or 14 yrs old and this thing was at least 4 ft. Diamond back water snake, looks just like a Cotton Mouth except head shape is different. I finally let it go. It never tamed in the least, holding it behind the head, it's mouth was always wide open!

Spiders? I go all girly for some reason.

Bubba

Still like the snake more than spiders. I swear the brown recluse around here are capable of rational thought. I can Identify them at a fair distance by their general shape. I have walked into a room, seen one standing in corner on floor. when I turned to get a better look he actually raised up. silly thing tried to escape and ran right into the sticky trap nearby.

Bubba

Water snakes will bite the shit out of you.
This thing never shut its mouth, wide open. It was stretched across a horse trail, both ends in the brush, so I didnt know which end was head or tail. Grabbed him in the middle and pulled him out. He never quit trying to bite. "regular snakes" seem to calm down and like the heat coming off of you.

Not this guy.

Bubba

Just finished cutting down and hanging the latest. Will let her hang for a week or so, do a Cali dry trim on her and let her dry/cure for another 3 weeks and finally she will be good smoke.

Now time to direct my efforts out in the veggie garden. I have some maters that look like they are getting ready to turn. So, I better get some netting out and cover them so the birds will leave them alone. Both Birds and rats love my maters and I will be on red alert to keep the little varmints out of them.

Nice cool day so it will be comfortable to work outside. Rain coming and hopefully it will hit us.

Yeah, down here in South Floriduh, we've got these poisonous tree frogs. They leap on you and bite. :eek: 🦔
We were talking about snakes, ya stoner! :) (I know you was yanking my crank)
Tree pythons, tree boas, either one love to make you bleed. Got the equipment to do it with, too. Pretty little buggers, though.

We were talking about snakes, ya stoner! :) (I know you was yanking my crank)
Tree pythons, tree boas, either one love to make you bleed. Got the equipment to do it with, too. Pretty little buggers, though.
@Hippie420 Im working on that deere L110 and doing the drive belt
I have changed them before (realbitch) have you ever change one ?
Not the one for belts on deck this is the drive belt up under the frame and around steering, wheel gear underneath has to be removed to get new belt in.

Latest posts

Back