Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING!

RANT AHEAD

the older I get , the more I see this , some of it is funny , some not so funny

and most people don’t even realize what they are saying or doing when an ageism is expressed

but yeah , everyone , all ages , must not take themselves so serious and learn to laugh at themselves , this is a better way

the mean side of ageism is flat out ugly , most call it elder abuse , and it is as bad as child abuse , in my humble opinion

WHAT IS AGEISM?
In today’s world stereotypes run rampant, and biases based on age – like ageism – are becoming a more measurable problem.

Ageism is the discrimination against an individual strictly on the basis of their age.

Ageism is most often thought of as prejudice against older individuals, however there are forms of ageism that affect younger generations as well.

Ageism can appear in multiple areas of everyday life and take many forms.

Ageism discriminatory practices can appear in the workplace, the healthcare system, forms of marketing, and even online shopping.

Ageism in Hollywood

Ageism in Hollywood, or ageism in the media and press, is one of the most detrimental types of ageism because it changes how people around the world interact with one another.

If you watch movies or TV shows, or read books that include multi-generations interacting together, you will most likely find that there are numerous negative stereotypes.

These stereotypes include less-than-positive jokes aimed at older individuals and their competency to be able to handle common every-day situations, and that older generations should stay out of the way, and often off-screen for the majority of the entertainment.

This has a strong effect on how we all grow up. We are inundated with the belief that older individuals should not be present in our day-to-day lives, and that when they are they should be at the center of negativity and jokes.

We are learning stereotypes about older individuals every time we turn on the television or watch a movie.

https://www.ageism.org/what-is-ageism/

END OF RANT
Always entertaining to say " now you have to go home and tell everyone how a 66 year old guy in a suit ***** slapped them unconscious!"

Bubba

Forgive someone that's never eaten a button, but I was always told that it's the "skin" on the outside of the button that makes ya puke. Something about it being a strychnine like chemical. I was told to take a knife and peal 'em first.

I had a gal (remember the one that was going to take me with her to Woodstock?) bring me back two capsules of pure mescaline sulfate from her trip out west. Whoo, buddy.
I was told that about the fuzz in the middle too. Never could eat enough, didn't find it worth the trouble. Mescaline sulphate is very rare.

Bubba

I was told that about the fuzz in the middle too. Never could eat enough, didn't find it worth the trouble. Mescaline sulphate is very rare.

Bubba
Can't remember the steps involved in refining, but I know it involved some sort of solvent, a separatory funnel, an chilling in the' fridge 'till the crystals precipitated. Most intense body buzz I ever had.
I was 14 or 15. I headed out to the woods, ate two caps, and smoked some weed. Shot the shit with a few friends. Two hours later, nothing. Went home. Sitting on the couch in the living room with the folks running around. I had some sand in between my sandal and my foot. I stuck my finger in to remove the sand and went into a total body orgasm. I quickly looked around to see if I'd been noticed. Nope. Booked it back to the woods and spent the next 4 hours or so getting the same rush from breathing too deep, rubbing the back of my arm, scratching my head, anything that stimulated any nerve endings. He ll of a day, I'll tell ya.

we trounced around the Big Bend Park looking for them .. ran out of water while at a rocky meadow between two small mountains and had finally found them , but we had ran out of water and.. it was dire

Last edited:

Bubba

Alas street Mescaline sulphate around here was usually PCP and or Acid back in the 70's. You had to eat the button to be sure, and then they could be sprayed.

I had a family member in '76 lace a J with pcp .. he denied he did it but I TOLD him murder could be in the air if I ever found out .. his exwife snitched on him later on in life and yes .. he's dead .. from old age and loneliness

I had a family member in '76 lace a J with pcp .. he denied he did it but I TOLD him murder could be in the air if I ever found out .. his exwife snitched on him later on in life and yes .. he's dead .. from old age and loneliness

I picked up some sprayed dope once and what was supposed to be THC once, that both turned out to contain PCP. Loved the effects, but it was disconcerting and a little scary learning what it was. I learned on the "THC" after splitting a buy with a friend and having them seriously go off the deep end.

@SubmarineGirl

I whomped up a batch of Jalapeno Lemonade for our upcoming hot spell and added the zest from the lemons into the syrup blend. I think it improved the flavor and is something you might try on your next run.
That’s a good idea. I’m gonna add the stems and seeds to the peppers too to get a more jalapeño taste. Maybe even add an additional pepper. I will make this again thru the summer. It’s very tasty and goes good with Tito’s 😊

Latest posts

Back