Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1656025963125.png

A senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair he had left. Amazing, he thought as he flew down I-94, pushing the pedal even more.
Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a state trooper behind him, lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, What am I doing? I'm too old for this, and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.
Pulling in behind him, the trooper walked up to the Corvette, looked at his watch, and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."
The old gentleman paused. Then he said, "Years ago, my wife ran off with a state trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."
"Have a good day, sir," replied the trooper.

View attachment 301126

That's to much WeedHopper. lol

got a call from a friend who owns a plant nursery earlier, she is culling the greenhouse out and gifted me a truck load of plants today...gonna put the auger on the tractor and drill me a bunch of holes...dinner time...

All the shrubs your going to pick up is going to keep you busy. Nice you have a tractor. Don't over do it. Getting to hot out there these days.

heya ness, I topped and trimmed the hedges today, heat index was 101 degrees, yeah I got soaking wet hot...I got 2 kinds of cycads, porthos plants out the wazoo...the look like elephant ears but are purple and green, pretty cool stuff...I'll post up some pics after I get them in the ground...gonna be a hot weekend for me...gonna bring out the man lift to get into the lower canopy of the eastern trees, I've never trimmed the dead wood for 22 years, there's plenty of it...

I once had the opportunity to try peyote, and I will tell you what that is some really neat stuff. Also makes you see neat stuff. 😁 I wish I knew where to get some more of it, I also recently learned that wild psychedelic mushrooms actually grow in Pennsylvania so next year I'm going shroom hunting.

ness, I've got a 52" fireplace in the great room and a nice fire pit out back...I burn most in the burn pile, way too much wood for me to burn in a conventional way...I keep the fire hot using the loader...don't know how the front tires haven't caught fire yet...:eek:I'm hitting the sack as well, nite folks...

Great memories of my childhood. The clothesline to me at the time sounded like a pheasant . Sheets were the best on the line.
Oh, deary dear...

Back in The Olden Days, before you squirts were even a lascivious idea in your old man's groin... A washday job that was sorta fun was putting the sheets out in the sun on the ironing spreader.

"Ironing spreader? Wozzat?" y'all say...

Back in The Day, there was no such invention as "wrinkle-free" sheets, where your mamas could just dangle the sheets over the line with a clothespin... that was not an option back then.

So us kids would carefully get out the "sorta" folding light framework. When erected in the back yard, it looked like an inverted "V". The framework was outlined with hundreds of sewing needles.

There was one way, and one way ONLY to get the sheets on to the frame: It took three kids. (Probably why I was born.)

One kid (me, yougest) in the middle, and one at either end at the bottom of the frame. The clean sheet would be in the form of a roll. We would unroll about a foot more than we needed, and carefully push the cloth into the needles along the bottom edge at our three "stations".

Then my much-older siblings would completely unroll the sheet to immediately attach each upper corner to the frame.

My job was the bottom row of pins. You did a kinda pull-and-pin, pull-and-pin until the whole sheet was taut. Then we'd do the other side.

Getting the sheets off was so easy, I never got to do it. But I enjoyed watching.

Last edited:
got a call from a friend who owns a plant nursery earlier, she is culling the greenhouse out and gifted me a truck load of plants today...gonna put the auger on the tractor and drill me a bunch of holes...dinner time...
OUT-fargin-STANDING!

Natcherly, Old Boo just happens to have an auger attachment (I bet it glistens) to put on his spotless tractor...

A truckload... maintained in a fargin greenhouse...

Latest posts

Back