Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro,,i use to chase those orange furry bastards and stomp living shit out of them. They hurt like a mother fker when they get ya. And you are correct about the male having wings. We use to call them cow ants even though they are a wingless wasp.

Yeah, we called them Cow Ants too.

Have a safe flight home, Hopper.

And a calm one. Excitement flying commercial is over rated.

We had a flight in Prague that announced an electrical problem and turned back to the airport to land. It actually didn't add to our sense of security to see the emergency vehicles, ambulances, and fire trucks pacing our plane as it landed safely without incident, but its good to know they are there.

It's only an inch away. If'n you've got overbite, yer gonna get it anyhoo.

Or are far sighted.

Always wanted to get my pilots license. Have friends who have them already. I have actually flown small planes many times just never tried to land.

Given that all we leave with are our memories, Buddha proffered that we should treat our brothers and sisters kindly, while living our lives with gusto!

For me piloting was about 97% boredom, 1% marveling, 1% excitement, and 1% pure terror = Gusto, which I highly recommend vis a vis yearning. Who loves you enough to pay for your license this Christmas, if not yourself brother?

The handy thing about small planes is that they can be landed more places than big commercial planes should things go awry. The old adage that any landing you walk away from is a good one, though it is less expensive if the plane can still take off and fly again.

I only broke that rule once doing a soft field landing in a rented Cessna 150, tail number 8135S and bogged in so deep in the mud that when my nose wheel came down it snapped off, standing the plane on its nose, but not quite flipping over on its back, before dropping back on its main gear.

If you like flying, consider adding soaring to your bucket list. Like sailing or white water boating versus a power boat. Letting Mother Nature supply most of the energy.

It is so quiet that you can hear chatter on the ground and your turn and bank indicator is a whisker of yarn on your pitot tube.

A little different landing, and a surprise to me my first time after flying small planes, because after I did what I thought was a smooth full stall landing on grass, I instinctively pulled back on the stick to keep the weight off the nose wheel as long as possible and the glider took off again.

38F @ 62% RH, cloudy with 7 mph breeze and predicted to reach 46F in these here parts.

Quiet on the home front. The contractors took yesterday off and I got caught up on naps.

In the Dallas area its 150 to 200 a zip for top shelf dank. Exactly why i could give two shits about Texas going legal.
If it goes legal, you can grow your own. Imagine pounds of smoke for pennies, if you grow outside. My outdoor grows only cost what the seeds cost me, and a lot of the seeds were free.

Morning.....feeling the effects of my Shingles shot yesterday. Feels like a mild case of the flu! Great....I have people coming over later today. I need to make myself get better by then.

Aspirin...
Pute my Wife goes thru that every time she gets that shot.

If it goes legal, you can grow your own. Imagine pounds of smoke for pennies, if you grow outside. My outdoor grows only cost what the seeds cost me, and a lot of the seeds were free.
I sure wish i could grow big plants outside. Every time ive grown outside i have had to keep them short and bushy to keep them hid.

Yeah, we called them Cow Ants too.

And a calm one. Excitement flying commercial is over rated.

We had a flight in Prague that announced an electrical problem and turned back to the airport to land. It actually didn't add to our sense of security to see the emergency vehicles, ambulances, and fire trucks pacing our plane as it landed safely without incident, but its good to know they are there.

Or are far sighted.

Given that all we leave with are our memories, Buddha proffered that we should treat our brothers and sisters kindly, while living our lives with gusto!

For me piloting was about 97% boredom, 1% marveling, 1% excitement, and 1% pure terror = Gusto, which I highly recommend vis a vis yearning. Who loves you enough to pay for your license this Christmas, if not yourself brother?

The handy thing about small planes is that they can be landed more places than big commercial planes should things go awry. The old adage that any landing you walk away from is a good one, though it is less expensive if the plane can still take off and fly again.

I only broke that rule once doing a soft field landing in a rented Cessna 150, tail number 8135S and bogged in so deep in the mud that when my nose wheel came down it snapped off, standing the plane on its nose, but not quite flipping over on its back, before dropping back on its main gear.

If you like flying, consider adding soaring to your bucket list. Like sailing or white water boating versus a power boat. Letting Mother Nature supply most of the energy.

It is so quiet that you can hear chatter on the ground and your turn and bank indicator is a whisker of yarn on your pitot tube.

A little different landing, and a surprise to me my first time after flying small planes, because after I did what I thought was a smooth full stall landing on grass, I instinctively pulled back on the stick to keep the weight off the nose wheel as long as possible and the glider took off again.

38F @ 62% RH, cloudy with 7 mph breeze and predicted to reach 46F in these here parts.

Quiet on the home front. The contractors took yesterday off and I got caught up on naps.
Holy Smokes!

What got me into flying was a Christmas present from my wife -- a glider ride! Once up, I was hooked.

1608841888904.png

hot-funny-cara-happy-birthday-animated-gif.gif

An appropriate celebration with a kindred spirit!

Given my Zen leanings, I feel obliged to note that it is Buddha’s birthday today as well. Please enjoy oneness with your families today in his honor as well and look forward to the day we can indiscriminately hug again.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chrishna, Horus, Osiris, Hercules, and Quetzalcotl were also born on December 25th, as well as the lesser known gods Mithra, Beddou, Attis, and Tammuz, so as to not discriminate, can we have a Happy Birthday wish to all gods born on this Christmas Day!

Latest posts

Back