Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GW Your handy as he ll why not build a fruit press

I already built a hydraulic one when I was researching vegetable glycerin extraction.

1627989650431.jpeg

Used to pick wild blackberries by my little lake and made many pies with homemade crust. Those were the sweet days. Sadly, something slowly killed off the wild berries. I think it was the demise of wild honeybees.

Mom and grand moms used to make killer blackberry pies and cobbler, but I usually juice and concentrate them these days to avoid the seeds.

Wonder if that press would double as a rosin press.....Bubba

Not enough pressure. I designed heated platens for my hydraulic glycerin press, but found my cross arms are a few inches short, so didn't follow through. An easy fix on paper starting from scratch.

I also made simple dies to press hash, as well as Cannabuttons and Super Cannabuttons.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201125103924/https://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabuttons/
66F @ 68% RH, gorgeous, and predicted to reach 90F.

I cut in another sprinkler isolation valve and have reduced the possible leak location to one flower garden with only one Zone 4 electric valve, which I have yet to find, but I've reduced my digging. Of the two possibilities, it was of course the worst possible digging because of the run distance and all the roots.

Some digging this morning early, but to the showers and back to the concentration experiment as soon as I get good and sweat soaked. Thankfully the weather folks predict cooler weather and even some rain this week.

I already built a hydraulic one when I was researching vegetable glycerin extraction.

View attachment 276363

Mom and grand moms used to make killer blackberry pies and cobbler, but I usually juice and concentrate them these days to avoid the seeds.

Not enough pressure. I designed heated platens for my hydraulic glycerin press, but found my cross arms are a few inches short, so didn't follow through. An easy fix on paper starting from scratch.

I also made simple dies to press hash, as well as Cannabuttons and Super Cannabuttons.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201125103924/https://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabuttons/
66F @ 68% RH, gorgeous, and predicted to reach 90F.

I cut in another sprinkler isolation valve and have reduced the possible leak location to one flower garden with only one Zone 4 electric valve, which I have yet to find, but I've reduced my digging. Of the two possibilities, it was of course the worst possible digging because of the run distance and all the roots.

Some digging this morning early, but to the showers and back to the concentration experiment as soon as I get good and sweat soaked. Thankfully the weather folks predict cooler weather and even some rain this week.
Dang! I knew it you use to be a Rocket Scientist for NASA LOL
Now question,
Does the pressure use to make button have anything to do with making them more potent in strength or just as a storage -carry benefit?

I had to push
Did you end up pushing the barbs out yourself?
I hope that poor dog does not still have them in there
I see it now
View attachment 276370
But saw it much clearer before fishing with air
Holy shit man!….
I pushed the hook the rest of the way and cut the barb off on my son.
The dog wouldn’t let me do that. So hers just got pulled. But luckily everyone is good and no doctor or vet bills.

My 1st was a miss Robinson and I was 16
She may have been in her 30's she never told me
But she did love me,
every time her husband went to work
More on this story kinda funny, her husband hired me to cut his lawn and never realized I was also trimming the bushes (LOL)
That woman wore me out , I would get a ph call in middle of the night and my Mom would say what does that woman want now, I always said things like her husband is not home and the toilet is overflowing , Spent more nights at her house and out by 6am when her husband was due home.
He was a cop and had a BIG Gun is what I remember.
I would never forget I was mower her lawn and she walked out bare assed naked and started to sunbathe herself while I was 3 ft away.

I would take my clothes and sneakers and place them in a chair right by the open window (escape route) just in case he came home early.
Good thing I did he came home early once on her Birthday to surprise her .
I just made it down the vent pipe and across the yard.
What a thrill........................

Latest posts

Back