Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They tell me I have that. Seems I understood it to be like little sac like things in the lining of intestines. For the most part, I can eat anything anytime as long as I don't really over stuff myself.

I eat prunes. If it starts to give the trots, dial back and eat rice and bananas.

Bubba
I spent five days in the hospital the first time it hit me. I'd gone a month with the symptoms; low grade fever, green apple squirts, and a stabbing pain in my guts. I thought it was the flu. Finally got tired of it and went to the doc. After I told him my symptoms, he immediately said diverticulitis. He said his phlebotomist wasn't in his office today, but I should head for the hospital and then if it was, he'd send me back the next day for IV antibiotics. I told him as long as I was there, I might as well do both. I headed to the hospital, got the blood test, they sent him the results while I was there, and he told them to admit me right then and there. I refused admission (stupid) so the hooked me up to an IV that broke me out in welts. They swapped to another flavor of IV, pumped that one through me, and sent me home with a 'script for something. I was in the parking lot at Rite Aid waiting for the Old Hen to get back from picking it up, and the doc called her. Told her to take me back NOW. She told him I wouldn't go. He said to bring me to his office first thing in the morning. I go back, he tells me I let it go way to far for the pills to help, and that if it perforates my intestines, I'd be shitting in a bag for a year while they fixed it. I went back.
Lesson learned: Don't wait a month when you know something's wrong.

I've had it flare up maybe five times since '10, and I just quit eating for four or five days and then take it easy with an egg and cheese diet. Back in action in a few days after.

I spent five days in the hospital the first time it hit me. I'd gone a month with the symptoms; low grade fever, green apple squirts, and a stabbing pain in my guts. I thought it was the flu. Finally got tired of it and went to the doc. After I told him my symptoms, he immediately said diverticulitis. He said his phlebotomist wasn't in his office today, but I should head for the hospital and then if it was, he'd send me back the next day for IV antibiotics. I told him as long as I was there, I might as well do both. I headed to the hospital, got the blood test, they sent him the results while I was there, and he told them to admit me right then and there. I refused admission (stupid) so the hooked me up to an IV that broke me out in welts. They swapped to another flavor of IV, pumped that one through me, and sent me home with a 'script for something. I was in the parking lot at Rite Aid waiting for the Old Hen to get back from picking it up, and the doc called her. Told her to take me back NOW. She told him I wouldn't go. He said to bring me to his office first thing in the morning. I go back, he tells me I let it go way to far for the pills to help, and that if it perforates my intestines, I'd be shitting in a bag for a year while they fixed it. I went back.
Lesson learned: Don't wait a month when you know something's wrong.

I've had it flare up maybe five times since '10, and I just quit eating for four or five days and then take it easy with an egg and cheese diet. Back in action in a few days after.
"It was those little pointy seeds on pizza that did it"

For the life of me, Hippie420, I can't figure what those 'little pointy seeds' might be.

I stop using Metamucil when I decided to get my diet right. Fruits and vegetables with every meal will certainly clean out the pipes first thing in the morning.

I stopped using Metamucil when I decided to get my diet right. Fruits and vegetables with every meal will certainly clean out the pipes first thing in the morning. I was outside washing one of my cars when I heard the squeaking noise and Ivan came walking out of the fern bed with this little guy gently caressed in his mouth. He’s not all bad after all…😉

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I stop using Metamucil when I decided to get my diet right. Fruits and vegetables with every meal will certainly clean out the pipes first thing in the morning.

I stopped using Metamucil when I decided to get my diet right. Fruits and vegetables with every meal will certainly clean out the pipes first thing in the morning. I was outside washing one of my cars when I heard the squeaking noise and Ivan came walking out of the fern bed with this little guy gently caressed in his mouth. He’s not all bad after all…😉
Aaaww! Little fuzzy bunnies are so cute!

you did if you had real sausage...it's a must for quality sausage...
Ah. I don't usually get sausage on my pizza. All that shit's too expensive, for one thing!
I like pepperoni, mushroom, onion, green pepper, and crispy bacon - that's my favorite pizza.
Hand tossed. Well done.

I like sausage on breakfast biscuits. Or just off the grill! :)

New Haven style pizza is popular around our place

a good dough , homemade tomato sauce with a little tangibles to it , good mozzarella cheese , good char on the undercarriage , no flop , and thin and crispy

simple tomato pie, appizza

one of the secrets is cheese first and then sauce

Old Hen says she thinks they're caraway seeds. I know 'em when I see 'em.

My favorite pizza is every meat they've got except bacon, and extra peperoni. I love bacon, but usually all ya get is the fat of the ends.
I'll have to look for them. And yeah...crispy bacon. I like my pepperoni a little crispy on the edges, too.

Latest posts

Back