Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Tuesday morning Islanders! Hugz to all and all hail Lord Tyr! View attachment 347273View attachment 347274

Cloudy with late rain here, starting at 42F and predicted to reach 55F.

My appointment with the Physiatrist went well and she referred me to a pain clinic where they perform RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) to kill the affected nerves so there is no pain signal. Hope it works!!

My tri-annual dentist appointment this morning to have my remaining toofs cleaned, and then breakfast out.

View attachment 347272
I wish I'd gone to your pain management clinic. The one I went to spent most of their time trying to prove I was faking it! I've got a "dead" leg that doesn't respond to the rubber mallet they hit you in the knee with. This one gal had me sitting on the edge of a metal exam table and must have whacked it a dozen times. The last time she did, my entire body flinched just at the same time she hit my knee due to a spasm in my spine caused by my worst herniated disc. She lets out a, "Ah HA!" like there's somehow I can control an automatic reflex!
Their way of fixing things? 12 shots in the spine over a two day period. Worked for a day.
Morning Misfits.
Today is the last day I gotta work this week.
Yehaaaaaaaaaa 🤠
That's one word I wish the auto-censor would delete; the W one!

38 and gloomy here with rain. I guess it's payment for the last three beautiful but cold days. Meh.

A fitting song for the day;

I wish I'd gone to your pain management clinic. The one I went to spent most of their time trying to prove I was faking it! I've got a "dead" leg that doesn't respond to the rubber mallet they hit you in the knee with. This one gal had me sitting on the edge of a metal exam table and must have whacked it a dozen times. The last time she did, my entire body flinched just at the same time she hit my knee due to a spasm in my spine caused by my worst herniated disc. She lets out a, "Ah HA!" like there's somehow I can control an automatic reflex!
Their way of fixing things? 12 shots in the spine over a two day period. Worked for a day.

That's one word I wish the auto-censor would delete; the W one!

38 and gloomy here with rain. I guess it's payment for the last three beautiful but cold days. Meh.

A fitting song for the day;

They offered me a round of steroid shots first, which they opined would last thirty to ninety days, but my issue is not inflammation, but that in addition to my Spondylolisthesis, I have degenerative discs and bone on bone contact. Those are the nerves they will attempt to kill.

The CT scans shows I was gifted with large nerve channels genetically, or I would have shrieking sciatica.

With both of my knees replaced, I don't have reflex response in either, but still so at the Achilles tendons.

They offered me a round of steroid shots first, which they opined would last thirty to ninety days, but my issue is not inflammation, but that in addition to my Spondylolisthesis, I have degenerative discs and bone on bone contact. Those are the nerves they will attempt to kill.

The CT scans shows I was gifted with large nerve channels genetically, or I would have shrieking sciatica.

With both of my knees replaced, I don't have reflex response in either, but still so at the Achilles tendons.

If you have never had a knee shot, have them numb it first. I've had one, and the guy that did the shot was lucky not to have his head pulled off his neck.
It did help once I recovered from the pain of that shot. I walked out of there much better.

If you have never had a knee shot, have them numb it first. I've had one, and the guy that did the shot was lucky not to have his head pulled off his neck.
It did help once I recovered from the pain of that shot. I walked out of there much better.
Before replacement, I had needles inserted into my knee to drain fluid and to inject a lubricant. Neither fun............

I didn't have steroid injections, because the knee is a load bearing joint and my orthopedic surgeon said that steroid injections soften the cartilage and increase the wear rate.

Before replacement, I had needles inserted into my knee to drain fluid and to inject a lubricant. Neither fun............

I didn't have steroid injections, because the knee is a load bearing joint and my orthopedic surgeon said that steroid injections soften the cartilage and increase the wear rate.
Mine was something to "grease" the joint. Fortunately it's held for about 10+ years so far.

FB_IMG_1700260291450.jpg

I feel very fortunate that I as yet have no need for such treatments of my body. Please accept my hopes for your comfort.

Latest posts

Back