its a noob season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killertomatoes

Reaction score
this is gonna be my first real go at a grow. I have had some other wanna be sprouts come up, but never get into vegetation stage.

I started germination in a dirt solution in a six pack planter, two seeds in each small grow area. they have been in there about 2 weeks now and I am thinking that I should have spaced them out a little.

I should probably move them into something bigger soon, but they are still not into a third leaf set yet... probably because I have had them under bad light.

before this weekend I should be whipping the program into shape, that is, if my babies dont die before then. I started this as a spur of the moment project with some seeds i found in my drawer from years ago, I am supprised they germ'ed.

maybe ill get some pix up soon, along the way i'll appreciate any help and advice.

Good luck with your grow, post pics and ask questions!

just marking some time and additions to the room of growing...
transplanted all 11 sprouts to larger planters, topsoil and vermiculite.
modified old lighting with socket splitters from 2 40w incandescent to 4 CFL's that are the equivalent of 490 lumens each... or two together equal 490, im not sure the label is en espanol, brighter light anyways.
added small fan to keep the humidity down, but this doesnt seem to be as much of a problem with the CFLs.
purchased some ferts/nutes that were high in N and P... looking for something for K.
all seedlings are at least 2" and the tallest is about 3.5-4 inches, all mixed/old seeds so crossing my fingers for girls...
temps averaging 75, and humidity 50%...

by the time I get my camera back from the shop I should have something to show/picture.

Latest posts

Back