Jbyrds 1800 watt Organic Soil Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking plants man, I can't believe I missed your thread. I haven't seen anyone on here run straight la confidential. I'm currently scrogging one right now, 2 weeks into flower she's looking great. Any tips, pointers, etc on la con? How's the smoke?

Thanks Bho and Burner! :)

Burner on the LA Con, she's an awesome plant, easy to grow, yields good and the smoke is great. I've driven it hard in coco and grown it out in soil, no preference. Less nutes in soil and it did great as well.

It's a brain dart to me...lol. It makes me nervous...uppity and nervous..like...crackhead at the window nervous..LOL. I think you'll like it, I just dont' smoke it around my grow...only when I'm out at the lake or somewhere I don't have any worries. :D

I took a couple more shots tonight and a little video. Video is crap, I need to learn how to use the camera. The flashes are me trying to hit auto-focus..LOL

IMG_9520.jpgIMG_9522.jpgIMG_9532.jpgQuerkleTop.jpgIMG_9537.jpg

dang J you have a full house. la con is one of my favs, its exactly how you described it, a mind dart. plants look like theyre going to do well for yah. havent watched the vid yet, but plz kill the live link to outside sites as it is a rule here & its really is for our saftey. make it so we have to copy, paste it to watch. thanks

hey J, what are you adjusting the ph of nutes w/? i have never adjusted & sometimes add solution thats in the high 4's, runoff comes w/in 6.2-6.8 everytime. whatever youre doing i guess run w/ it cause its working. next run do one w/ no adjusters to see, maybe.

have you ever used DM gold nutrient line? im currently using them (hydro) & am impressed but thought they needed a p/k boost. any thoughts if you have used them?

Hey Doc, Thanks for the tip on the link :) I wrapped it in bogus tags cause it wouldn't post without automagically wrapping it with URL tags..lol.

On the PH, I water at 6.3 - 6.5 in soil religiously. I used to water without adjusting PH and did fine, but I would always see some sort of deficiency during the run, nothing major, but it was there and it bothered me. Just made me feel like maybe the plant was being held back from full potential. I used to skip once and a while, then I grew in coco for a long time and adjusting PH was mandatory so it's something I'm used to, part of the routine now and I never see issues.

I ran Dutch Masters for a year in Coco...absolutely loved it and the only reason I switched was to work with organics again. The Add27 and Potash+ are great additions to the line up, Potash+ will give you your PK boost.

I also liked using Yellow Bottles Final (expensive, but kicks ***, has triaconatol in it and really fattens up nicely) on the finish. Add27 is like Liquid Karma, they both do sorta the same thing. I used them together, split the dosage in half between them.

In the organic run, I'm using a Soluble K and a high phosphorous soluble guano product as a booster, both from Grow-Biotic.

So are you not adjusting PH in hydro? Your scaring me Doc! :p

Thanks jbyrd and doc, looking forward to the la con :) ....what were your average flowering times?

Hey there, I usually took her right around the 56 day mark. She's awesome then. If you let her go 9 she'll grab some good color as well.

Nice looking grow Jbyrd. How's that Chocolate Rain taste and feel?

Hey there :)

The Chocolate Rain is great smoke man. It's powerful, uplifting get some **** done smoke, makes you laugh too...lol. The taste is earthy, hints of chocolate, maybe a little sweet too. I'm so bad at pulling flavors outta smoke..LOL. I will say that I'm picky about what I run, it's gotta be top shelf or it's out. The Chocolate Rain has been in the flower room for over a year now. :D

J, i never adjust when in organics is what i was referring to...lol. hydro is a must. so you are now scaring me, if you are using chem adjusters....lol.

thanks for the info on DM. im running the gold nutrient line & i read somewhere in their lit not to use potash+ w/ the nutrient line. its funny cause its a gold also, but if you look at the schedule or the calculator its not there or allowed. im def scratchin my head now. lemme know what you do, plz? this run im not gunna use cause im trying bloombastic. pricey i know but gotta try @ least once, right?

chocolate rain sounds good to me. these available in seed/clone? just tried deathstar on sat. & holy $#!t now thats a well rounded hybrid

docfishwrinkle said:
J, i never adjust when in organics is what i was referring to...lol.

Hey Doc- I thought the same thing, cause I never do either. But since jbyrd looks like he knows what he's doing, I ran a test adjusting down with phosphoric acid. Jamaican guano tea innoculated with em's.

As you can see, nice and healthy looking.

Thanks jbyrd, I'll give it a go.
View attachment 171243

I'm using potassium silicate, not a chem adjuster. Has the same affect and is beneficial as well.

I used the Soluble K and Bloommax from Grow-biotic in conjunction with DM Gold on my last coco run. Pics of that are hanging in the first pages of my thread ;)

thanks for the tip, J.

BB, ive done that test w/ chem adjusters & will show up as a cal & P def.

I just wanted to add to that, the Potassium Silicate brings it up. Just wanted to be clear on that :)

I got a couple lights out shots for ya, day 20 of 12/12..

Plants are moving along nicely. The organics are definitely doing their job :)

IMG_9544.JPGIMG_9546.jpgIMG_9547.jpgIMG_9548.jpgIMG_9549.jpg

Latest posts

Back