Kali Mist II -- grow dy 23 and 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I checked out that site and here's my thoughts;

I think it has some really cool videos and I like the music.

As far as step by step, what they basically do is sell their own products with very complicated nuting schedules.

I have seen Scorpion and Tarantula before and read some good reviews but that 20 part nute schedule is NUTS.

Your schedule is much easier and economical.

Now... lets have a dialogue about leaching/flushing.

I do some flushing but it is different. I am actually not a big proponent of the 'flush a week with water theory'. It just doesn't seem to be nature's way. It just seems whack to starve the plant right at the peak of harvest.

My belief is the plant stops taking up nutes as she dies, I watch her and take the cue to give less when she's ready.

I just wait it out and the sure 'nuff the leaves turn yellow and drop off (or I gently take 'em off) one by one.

I run my nutes about 1/2 to 1/3 of what I would give normally. I generally nute low already so we are talking about 250 EC.

There is just some stuff on the 'net that seems ridiculous about flushing. I mean how many times have I heard "My flushed herb burns to a nice white ash!". Dude, any dried carbon based plant will burn to a white ash if you burn it completely. I can burn a presto log to a white ash but I'm not smokin' it! :p

If you stress the plant it will still try to preserve the flowers and give those nutes to them, so you are not really flushing the finished product are you? And if you did it long enuf so you were, could flushing also take away beneficial parts, even affect finished taste for the worse?

I am going to try a prolonged flush on one of my females and see how much diff that makes. One will just get water (and maybe clearex) for the last week while the other will get my 'lo flo' nute schedule.

Maybe I'll become a believer, heh heh....

damn fine plants.....and in reguards to your flushing....do you ever leech your plants to remove all trace nutrients from the soil before you start to flush?

the leeching we have found has been a factor in aiding some strains to turn purple

whatever your doing.....you're doing it well ....looks amazing :cool:

I wonder if it is the stress that causes some varietals to turn purple, given that cold induces color change as well (like Blueberry).

I am not opposed to flushing per se, but I'm not sure a great case has ever been made for pure water flush.

LDL, no I do not leach either. I haven't been sold on that either. I mean I am not personally invested in either method, this is just what makes sense to me.

Also any pure water flush should work much faster in hydro just b/c you can change the entire environment so much quicker.

6-7-06

My love, my love, my love, my love
You love my lady nugz,
My nug, my nug, my nug,
My nugz they got u,

She's got me spending.
(Oh) Spendin' all your money on me and spending time on me.
She's got me spendin'.
(Oh) Spendin' all your money on me, up on me, on me

What you gon' do with all that dank?
All that dank come from that tank?
I'm a get, get, get, get, you fried,
Get you Dead stoned off that green.
What u gon' do with all that yield?
All them ounces from that field?
I'm a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.

Cos of my nug, my nug, my nug, my nug.
My nug, my nug, my nug, my lovely lady nugz. (Check it out)

:)

6-6-06 NugzB.jpg

6-6-06 Nugzc.jpg

6-7-06 Nugz.jpg

6-7-06 NugzB.jpg

Whats up Zarnon. The ladies are looking great man. Nothing like a full jungle in flower. Damn those buds are getting big and fat. Great job man.

Hey Zarnon, thats one awesome lookin jungle man. Those buds are really packin it on now :D

Damn Zarnon! Its looking awfully "frosty" in there.....does it smell as good as it looks? :D

GDG... as Tony the Tiger would say.....

It smells guuuuuuuuhrrrrreat!!

It def is the most aromatic grow I've done. It is very floral smelling already. Dense, packed, sweet, rich....

I just sit in there and smell the sweet smell of rapidly growing nugz... absolutely no smell of rot or mildew. I have an air cleaner in there so it is just high oxygen, low particulate......... There are Spas that could sell this air!

The 'achilles heel' of this system, the filters, seem to have been fixed. No flow probs whatsoever, over 2 weeks running for one. I owe that hydro builder a free lunch!

Techie stuff:

I added the PK 13/14 (Canna). I still adhere generally to the low nute schedule but this is the one exception.

The breakdown is as follows (posted in EC b/c your water str. may vary).

Canna Flores A/B - 600 EC
Additives (B'Cuz, Floralicious, Bananamana) -100 EC, 1/3 str. for each (equals full str. of one)
PK-13/14 (Canna) 1/2 str which brings my mix up another 300. One week only.
Last time I add Superthrive (still 1 drop/gal)
Cannazyme (you need this for full root mass small space!) full str.

Keep a close eye on yer plant. This is the 'last push' before she starts to die. Check out the older leaves. You will have signs of Nitrogen def, but this time it is expected.

Dial back the nutes after the last big P/K push. I go around 500 total next week then to 250. Match the nutes to the plant.

The Nut Cut: This is the period where the buds are putting on their most weight. A complete supportive environment is essential, nutes are only one part of the equation. Stay tuned for rapid bud growth.

Zarnon said:
6-7-06

My love, my love, my love, my love
You love my lady nugz,
My nug, my nug, my nug,
My nugz they got u,

She's got me spending.
(Oh) Spendin' all your money on me and spending time on me.
She's got me spendin'.
(Oh) Spendin' all your money on me, up on me, on me

What you gon' do with all that dank?
All that dank come from that tank?
I'm a get, get, get, get, you fried,
Get you Dead stoned off that green.
What u gon' do with all that yield?
All them ounces from that field?
I'm a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.

Cos of my nug, my nug, my nug, my nug.
My nug, my nug, my nug, my lovely lady nugz. (Check it out)

:)
Stoned Eyed Peas
hahahahahahahahahahaha, now if that hot chick was singin those lyrics. whew, I'd never quite re-running that video.
and looking great as always Zarnon.

I drive these fucker*s crazy

I do it all the day ze
They treat me really nicely
And buy my all these ice ez :p

Oh. My. God.

This herb is so freaking tite!

I had a little feeder bud I knocked off about 5 days ago. It made a smallish joint....

fuuuuuuuck! It is even stronger than I remember it. I have trouble smoking it, I almost can't breathe when I exhale. In a bong this will be lethal.

That's cool b/c I am totally freaking wrecked on this great Sativa after a half a joint. I cannot imagine how this stuff will be in about two weeks. OMG ******* YAY!!

I just love the Kali Mist high, that strain is pure Sativa baby (ok 90%) !

http://www.seriousseeds.com/england/start.htm

Soooo cerebral but POWERFUL. I call it pure diesel fuel man. You have to try this shit done right... it is like nothing I've smoked.. maybe in the 'Dam (Anyone remember the Bulldog?)

There is one drawback to this herb. You can smoke too much of it and if you are stressed or paranoid it makes it way worse. This is the only herb I've smoked that amplifies stress like this.

But it's a great energetic weed, if anything it makes me high AND amps me up. People who have not experienced this herb will start talking their freaking asses off.

On OG it was polled the #1 herb you'd grow for your own stash :D....

The taste not too bad, def harsher than I'd want but this is uncured. When it's cured it tastes like hash. Nummmy! :cool:

Welcome back Kali.. you've been mist!

That is a good way of putting it, I cant wait to harvest now that you say how excellent these really are, I am moving up to only the start of the 3rd week, they have nice little clusters of stigmas, I had to top a few that were getting out of hand, it really looks like lots of single spikes, the hash plant grows the same I noticed, just not as tall. I am also excited because a friend of mine gave me 2 clones that turned out to be a Island Sweet Skunk, very potent. has that sweaty haze feel to it, you know the kind that your face turns red and sweat beads drip down, I will post pics on Sat., peace... ps. here is an example of what I mean by spikes..

dfsdfgsddfs.JPG

GDG - you have the funniest Avatars. I always think it's another person joining the thread! yaay

Mist - For a second you had me confused. For a sec I thought that pics was those Kali from a week ago. I have never tried hash plant. I'm tellin' ya dude, you might think of starting your own thread and lay it out start to finish how you do it.

Wow!! Simply astonishing. Seems as tho you're doing a kick ass job. Thanks for the help with the nutrient question:)

Whazzup???

Ok, it's officially week... er.... (counts fingers)....

wait a sec...."30 days hath September... April... June.. " OK got it..

Day 52 flower
Week 7 day 3?

Ok, not too shabby then. About 9 tops are being propped up or held up by string. For reference, the fans are 9".

Everything is really green, virtually no yella die off. The trichs are all clear so I am thinking ....... Room Ta Grow!! I am psyched but need more string LOL...

Sorry no well lit aesthetic shots... just a chronic-al. :D

(noticed tonight I was downgraded to a 3 star grow... I'm sorry dude! I'll tell the sisters to try harder.. LOL! :) -- Whip comes out followed by cries of plant agony)

6-13 Tieup A.jpg

6-13 main cola.jpg

Whats up Zarnon. Damn man those ladies are looking sweet. I bet they are getting nice and frosty. Great job man.

Latest posts

Back