Kali Mist II -- grow dy 23 and 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Mist... I would love to grow organic and get this type of yield. I cannot tell by pics unless you put something in as reference (like a standard pencil or something).

They once did a side by side 'soil vs. hydro' photo comparison on OG and it was very telling (2 plants, same environment). The plants were basically the same the first 20-30 days or so then the hydro really started kickin' ass.

But, I'm always ready to be amazed so please post pics! :)

Another potential problem: I noticed today that I had left the small fluro light screwed in the socket two days ago. Normally I would have taken it out, but I was so upset and stressed I forgot. Now I hope I did not hit that switch in the last 48 hours.... I think not but .....too late now to stress about it. ..

See GDG? Not all that organized. :(

well, once I figured out how to upload pics, my ladies were already asleep, I do have pics of the clones and that hash plant I mentioned. I will get the pics up on Wed. of the mothers only 9 days into flowering. peace

yyyyyyyyyyyy.JPG

fffffffffffffffffffffff.JPG

dddddddddddddd.JPG

So the finished nugz are the hash plant? Very cool.

You have nice resin and pistil production. I have tried very loose to very dense bud from soil. The more pistils (as in your pics) the more aromatic oils very suuuuuhweet.

It looks reminiscent to the first Kali Mist buds I had. They crackled with energy. Despite the drama of that grow (I harvested at 9 weeks, I felt 1 too early), I had some very similar looking nugz as well.

The yield was the high point. I ended up growing only ONE plant but she kicked ASS...

Reminiscent pics to follow... I had some room to take some very 'artsy fartsy' shots...

..sob sob...I'll miss ye Big Mama...

[One note, the last pic which is my avatar is b/c I always heard my whole life of dudes who could grow buds "As big as Baseball bats". I had never made that elite circle or everyone was pretty much FOS (probably the latter) but wanted to prove I had made it to that mythical level... hee hee..]

Big Mama Feb 16b.jpg

Big Mama flower Black-white.jpg

early finish Bmama2.jpg

early finish BMama.jpg

harvest best shotr.jpg

harvest - trimmed bud.jpg

harvest jars.jpg

Baseball  4-3 small.jpg

HOW could I have forgotten this one??

[For the easily confused or overly stoned; this is a pic of Big Mama (tm) a Kali Mist from a previous grow - read above for enlightenment]

The sitting room.jpg

Hey zarnon, those pics looks great :), are they all from your last grow?

ok, I got some pics . the first 3 are the Kali, and the last 2 are a SOG of Shiva Skunk under 1000watts, it yeilded 2 lbs. , i wanted to ask you how long into flowering will this kali mist strech, they are tall as you can see, I topped and am trying some tie-down methods to control height, and I was wondering what was going on with the fan leaves( pic of main cola) they look burnt to a crisp, I take it that you are leaching, my fan leaves have never burned up like that, do you have high temp or did they stretch to close to the hps , mine sure are getting close, thats a nice yeild you got , is it all Kali , what was your final dry weight? I will keep you posted on my op, peace

ttttttttttttttttttttt.JPG

rttertert.JPG

fgfdfdfgdddgdgg.JPG

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.JPG

erterte.JPG

here is the fastest growing lady , she is just inches from the light, but the hoods keep it pretty cool so I am not to worried bout it, peace..

sdfgrtrte.JPG

Good looking harvest. You had 2 600w on that sog?

I had only one plant, and yeah all those jars were from her. I estimate it somewhere around 18-20 z's (the big jar was a five gallon to hold the biggest nugz). I never weighed it b/4 I gave a good chunk to my friend. (I got a clone that grew to be a monster but got hit by mold I still got half of it).

What is the current size of your plants? They will almost triple in size from the stretch. Once they stop you're sorta cool but you will grow massive buds if you can just keep the plant alive.

I didn't see a pic of your main cola with the bad leaves?

BTW, by leaching, do mean flushing?

The Shiva Skunk has come and gone, I originally ordered the seeds from canada, and it some how just keeps coming back to me. that SOG was 1-400watt & 1-600watt and was 24 clones packed 1 per sq. ft. . In reference to the Fan Leaves , I was talking about your pic of the main cola, the leaves should be fresh and or slighly yellow for leaching or flushing the nutrients , the stigimas still look fresh and white , do you have more pics of her close up , or any for that matter?, attached is just some things I have done , I hope you like...peace

sssssssssssssssssssssss.JPG

trtyryryryryrryryrtyrytrtyryryr.JPG

ssssdsjaj.JPG

ygjgjhgkjhgjg.JPG

rrrtyrtrrytr.JPG

DSC01591.JPG

DSC01295.JPG

Nope, that was due to very high temps (excess of 95) due to a single exhaust and an unvented 1000w. The water temp got too high and think it caused root rot.

The upper leaves really got it and it. I pulled a week earlier than I would've liked. It kinda reminded me of grapes and how sometimes you can see totally ripe but not rotten grapes in the middle of dying leaves.

Since I've gotten the room temps down I haven't had that happen again, thank God.

I would love to learn how to make keef (sp?) as well.

What medium do you use to grow your plants? What's the staking system all about? Sorry I do not know SOG very well.

Last qs What is the name for those trainers you are using with your current grow? How big a space do you have?

Yes mistiva please tell us how you make that wonderful looking hash

very simple, bubble bags... some people use bud, I use all the trimmings and extra leaves that you would normally throw away. using a five gallon bucket place the bags($125) in numeric order fill up with ice water and finally plant material, disturb the material with a cake mixer for 15 min, then let it sit for 20 min. after that 20 it will have all setteled to the bottem of the fine micron bags. Pull the bags 1 by 1 , letting all the water drain to the middle, then all you need is a spoon to scoop it off with, the reason I have it on cardboard is to absorb the moisture, you dont want moist bubblehash, very goofproof operation.
I am currently using Fox Farms Ocean Mix & Light Warrior Mix, The LW really loosens things up for good drainage, its all ph balanced and works wonders, dont be discouraged with the price $20+ a bag, you will make out good in the long run. I feed them Botanicare Pure Blend for Soil, Superthrive, and another formula that mainly consist of sea kelp. I do use a Reverse Osmosis water filter that brings the ph down to a perfect 6.0-6.3
The staking method is used in most SOG set-ups, the idea is to hold that one particular plant within its sq. ft. of space, its just 3 foot bamboo sticks, when I remove the sticks the plants fall right over because of their weight. The cages I have are regular tomato cages, I have never used them so I thought I would give them a shot with the pure Sativa, I found them rumaging through a friends backyard. My space is 8x8, however I dont have enough light for that , so I isolated a side about 4x6 with 1200watts, I just upgraded from the 4inch hoods to 6inch, Im telling you ...you can put your hand directly under the 600 watt and it is not hot, great exhaust fan 8inch in line 650 cfm(cubic feet) I hope this Kali is all its cracked up 2 B, get me some more pics, I saved them all to my comp. so I have a guide to go by, thanks for that fo sho, peace ...

Well dude, you def have it going on. I may have access to the number of clones you used, I may try it next time.

What would be really helpful for you to 'line out' your grow, like give the feed schedule for dolts like me, you know, 1-2 weeks of clone I gave 'em this.... weeks x-x I gave them this at this strength, etc.

What kind of pots, tray etc do you use? How big?

That is a lot of air moving through those lights. Just the movement alone will cool 'em off! :)

I'm using a 306 CFM for those two lights although it is an in-line which is supposed to be more efficient (and quieter) than cage fans but something to consider. Right now they grow fine up to 1/2 foot away, but I haven't tried closer.

I went back to my A/C and found that the exhaust hose was not venting properly and there were hot air leaks around it. Now we gots cool air again!

I'm probably going to invest in those bubble bags or see if someone has a set I can borrow. What do you use to scoop that stuff out? I am not quite understanding your last step.

The last harvest (Power Plant) really ruled. I had almost 3 strings filled across the length of the grow room filled (the third is hard to see, it's behind the one on the right), and 4 trays of loose lower bud. Wish I'd done the BBags on the schwag from this! I got 16 jars, two of which were those big 1/2 gallon ones.

I gave 2 away, and have almost smoked through 4 myself. With a harvest end of Feb that is not too bad! I'm hoping (for once) to have an abundance of two varietals in-hand before I break the room down for the summer.

This fall I plan to grow from the seeds we bred this time!

14-14 End2.jpg

14-14hangers.jpg

13-30BigBud.jpg

great pics, I want you to check out this site , it is full of tips and goes inside grow ops and shows you how to acheive 2 lbs.+ per 1000 watt light, the people at advanced nutrients maintain , you may have seen it before http://www.urbangrower.com/ ,

I use five gallon buckets , I really dont maintain a strict nutrient routine, rather I go by the plants appearance. I never feed them untill they flower, The fox farm allows you to give them pure water up to 30 days, after the 30 , I move from a two to a five gallon with fresh medium halfway up, this allows them to take a second feeding of pure organic nutrients. Now after I trigger the plants , I will gradually increase the bloom nutes up to the recommended levels, and keep a close eye to see how they respond to it, then as everyone should do I Leach the nutes for 10-14 days depending on its density.

They are moving slow........... my hash plant will be done in a respectable 50 days, so I will have her to medicate with for the long run. I have never grown a pure sativa that took so long. The Island sweet skunk was mostly sativa finished in 8 weeks, and that my friend is some of the most powerfull stank I have ever grown, or smoked for that matter. The smell while growing is very risky , its that kind of bud you leave at home ... let me know what you think of the Urban Grower pretty bad ass, they say thier nuts are the best, I get the same results using next to nothing...peace

I'll definitely check it out. How many clones/5 gall do you do? My main thing is good solid chunka herb. I think I could def do better with clones as far as uniformity of bed.

What I'd like to do is get me some cloners one time. Problem is I have to get them from someone else that or sacrifice the mother plant (that seems kinda counterproductive). I have no second space that could be stealthed like this closet.

I have done one clone and she grew really well, even tho I had to clip the lower half b/c of mold (4th pic, this is not current grow. KillBud is the nick a friend who tried my herb gave me, I kinda like it -sorry to confuse ed.)

Now back to the story in progress...

Welllllll.......things are back chugging along! The tanks have been doing well, no glitches (crosses fingers).

The b/w (pic 1) is the main cola of 'stunty' (remember that wee one before?). That is going to grow into a stout cola!

The buds from the larger plants are back on-line, so they were only stunned by the bad move.

Pic 2 and 3 are those small buds we pollinated. We are only trying for a small amount of seed. But here's what they look like early. Once that pollen hits those pistils, they curl up, turn red as the base swells.

[bonus shot! While looking for my clone pics I came across this one, very last shot, also previous grow. Hey TBG, looks like I've used a background before, def not as colorful as yours! hee hee]

6-1-06 Main ColaBW.jpg

6-1-06 seeded2.jpg

6-1-06 seeded.jpg

Kill Bud.jpg

clone in its own 4-17.jpg

Latest posts

Back