Kali Mist II -- grow dy 23 and 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

Hey, does anyone have an adhesive that will work well and be safe for plants?

It's for the filters on the inside of the buckets (see pic a few posts above). I need something better than aquarium sealant to lock those in. One has already fallen off or got knocked off when I put the plant back in the bucket.

damn those ladies are getting fat!!! awesome job :cool:

Ok ok...... I can't let this grow just be about da purty pichers...

My mission.... Marijuana edumacation!

Ok, here's a hydro dilemma. How do ya flush efficiently? When I did my first grow the flush was a pain in the ass. Mainly b/c I had to lift out those buckets and drain. That involved moving the whole plant to another bucket while I screwed with it.

No more!!

I call it Zarnon's Pabst Blue Ribbon* Flush

Step 1 - Buy the Pabst, 2 cans will probably do
Step 2 - Crack Pabst. Now you're ready to begin.
Step 3 - Hook up your hose to sink and end of your 'feeder line' (pic 1 and 2)
Step 4- Make sure all stopcocks closed that drain the res, make sure all are open that need to drain the buckets.
Step 5 - This is a waterbed hose and you can either drain or fill. You turn it to drain and Voila! You are on your way! Yessss.... let the bad poison out.... (pic 3)
Step 6 - Turn hose to 'fill' and replace with nice clean water. Our water is very very clean and I do not do jack to it (pic 4).
Step 7- Turn back on pumps. Crack second Pabst. Wait about an hour for flush to finish.
Step 8 - Refill res with appropriate nutes. Now I'm using Canna Flores a/b at EC 500, Superthrive, Cannazyme (essential for large root mass), B'Cuzz, Bannamana, and Floralicious (those last three add about another 100ppm, I am using them at 1/3-1/2 str). - (Pic 5)
Step 9 - Now you drain the buckets the same way you did in step 5.
Step 10 - Turn appropriate stopcocks 'on' that need to be and you are back on-line.
Step 11 - I also hit the underside of the leaves with a mixture of Dr. Bronner's Peppermint and Neem.... An ounce of prevention is worth an ounce of non-mited bud. Now, if I could only remember the recipe.. (pic 6)
Step 12 - Hang up your hose! Mama always said to keep a clean house. I'm listenin!! (pic 7)

Total Time spent working; about 15 minutes altho I let the flush run for a full hour.

I hope you enjoyed it! *buuuuuuuuuurp!*

(*for non-drinkers please substitute 'tasty nug' for Pabst)

flush1.jpg

flush2.jpg

flush3.jpg

flush4.jpg

flush6.jpg

flushalt.jpg

flush9.jpg

God Zarnon, orginized, detailed people are such a trip! :p I'm lucky to get 5 minutes in the morning and 15 to 20 minutes in the afternoon if the gods are feeling generous. It's great to watch someone whos's interest in growing MJ is obvious. ;) Grow Boy Grow!

You know GDG, truthfully I am a lazy f*ck but very into efficiency. While I chronicle my 'work evenings' usually I go in there, sit, contemplate and that's it! The 'system' works very well on its own.

I have noticed (not just here but other former boards like OG) that grow journals were not a whole lot more than pretty pictures and bragging rights. It was like Ma Kettle and her private Chili recipe...

My 'mission' is not just to show how I grew great budz but show others how to do same. Granted I am restricted by what I know (hydro) but I think in this arena I am pretty solid.

I have called guru dude and tomorrow we paint (a few) of the buds with 1-3 types of pollen. My first experience with breeding!

BTW, I live in a town with people that make some of the equipment you buy. They recommended Marine Adhesive Sealant (fast cure 5200) available at Home DePot. NOTE: I have never used it but am going to. I have no experience with this. I have already sealed in those filters and will do the 24 hour cure. After that I will let you know if I killed my plants or not! :)

Thats quite an honorable mission Zarnon ;)

The chaos!! The chaos!!

Well, I knew it would be a tight squeeze but JEESUS.

I am hoping the room doesn't explode. I mean, this is just a poor shoe closet. "Dammit Jim, I caint giveye more pawer! Wave used all our Dilithium Crystals already!!"

Now it is like an Ikea Showroom or an origami puzzle. I have to literally take out the res then I have a trained pathway so I can get to the back area.

I felt like I did the Limbo about 20 times to get to that back area, except I was lugging 5 gallon jugs, clones, nute mix over and over again. It was like some Bechtian nightmare. Good fun.

Can you see it? The 3rd pic is without the 1000w, showing the 400 pulled down to illuminate the 2 clones in the back. I couldn't fit the third but I am not giving this one away. SO it went on a stand in the front.

I built three more waterfarms tonight. These are submersible b/c no way am I getting an external off the floor.

My teach came over for some pollination (you should see this dude with his sable brush.. he's the Pot Painter!!).

I am not bragging but he was blown away by how I'm doing...Kept going on about how huge the pistils were for 4 weeks. Shock and awe bay-bay!!! Hee hee.... I don't want to jinx it, but so far it is def my best effort...

So... we pollinated Kali Mist with this 50-50 strain. I guess one half of this is a strain from this grower that is ID'd only by his initials and then a strain called Rosetta Stone.. does anyone know this? He is telling me we will have a shitload of phenotypes but he his really excited. We only painted a few lower buds because my seed needs are few. The pollen is only two weeks old, I'll keep ya posted!

I am in my PJ's but I was a sweating pig-dog for 4.5 hours.

5-24 the chaos!!.jpg

clone1.jpg

2 lil clones.jpg

Great lookin jungle of buds there Zarnon, awesome for only 4 weeks, can't wait to see those ladies in a few more :D

Actually that's wrong dude, b/c it was a month on the 22nd Soooooooo actually is 4.5 weeks.

Whats up Zarnon. For 4 1/2 weeks of flower your ladies are looking great. Your gonna get some nice fat buds from her by the looks of things. Great job man.

I am soooooooooo depressed...

I really feel I am being entirely too greedy and am paying the price.

First mistake. The plant on the front left.. she got danked b/c the damn rootmass had 'eaten' up that filter... The rootmass is like a White shark, just eating up crap and absorbing it. She blocked the outlet and I let it crap around for 3-4 days before swapping out (a horrible disaster) and got some root rot.

The transfer was a disaster. The buds are now top heavy and VERY STICKY. Even tho I disengaged them from their training sticks they stuck to the other plants and just moving them up and down resulted in breakage of 3 main stems, one right next to a developing cola!!

Now, are they gone? F*ck no! I have propped all of them up b/c if I can get 2 good weeks the plant will repair itself. But one stem that is going to be touch and grow is the stem we pollinated! Plus I will lose some time while the plant repairs itself.

I'm sooooooooooooo sorry plant!! I really am just heartbroken to inflict pain on my babies.

But still I have 5 weeks to go.. I think I am a victim of my own success...

I have never smelt plant blood until tonight. I am very down and feel like a complete grow loser. I shoulda stuck with one or two plants and now have 6 growing in there.. geezuz...

Hey dont worry mate, you've still got 5 healthy plants right?

Although your troubles may not be over as I think you may have got pythium :(

I got that shit once because one of my air hoses got trapped, the nute temps rose up to 85 degree and there was not oxygen getting to it.

You changed all the nutes right?

Also add hydroguard and/or h202 and make sure theres lots of air getting to the pots, you dont want that shit to spread

Good luck :)

Here's some pics of the complete chaos going on. I'm hoping the new filters and mesh hold for the next 2-3 weeks. I'm very optimistic with this new adhesive.

Also a friend of mine makes hydro equip for a living and recommended I try marine grade caulk. I have used it now in two buckets and seen no untoward effect. It def is stronger.

This pic looks like the plants are engulfing the 400w. They are all in front of it, and none touching the hood.

The clones are about 8 inches tall now! Ohhh Lord...

5-29 week 5.jpg

Oh, I didn't lose even a branch, let alone a plant. I used those sticks as 'crutches' and as long as the plant is not moved, she will recover.

I would say the pythium is a reasonable idea but there was an airstone running even though the pump was blocked.

You'd expect color changes with pythium esp now and I'm not getting it (think yellow spots in your lawn). My bet is now that the water is flowing correctly the cannazyme will chew up that dead root mass and the plant will recover very well.

Here's what happened; the air exposed areas browned because the waterflow had almost completely stopped! I had to wait for stores to open, caulking to cure and for the light to turn on. That rootmass had ripped off both filters, engulfed 'em and then blocked the intake with its mass.

H202. I might pop a little bit in for bacteria inhibition, but the main source of O2 for me are these large reeftank airpumps (see pic). They power these large airstones that run 24/7. I usually end up with very white very proliferative roots.

Your point about temp is good. My very first grow with an unvented hood and no a/c really caused the temps to skyrocket in that closet. The roots at the end def suffered and looked 'slimy'. So it's definitely important.

Now with the vented hoods and the A/C the room temp never gets above 80f. I also have a large Fedder dehumidifier so we stay at 47%.

Also where life is concerned I always make everything 10 times worse than it is. :D

reeftankpump.jpg

Hey Zarnon, thats an awesome lookin jungle you got there, good to hear that your clones are doing well too! :D

Whats up Zarnon. Glad to here everything is going ok with the grow. The ladies are looking fatter and fatter with every picture you take. Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

Zarnon said:
The root mass has already filled those 5 gallon buckets and I know I still have 5 weeks at least until we are done. Do you know last time I had to actually put screws in the top because the rootz were pushing the top off?
Damn Zarnon, that is one mass of roots man! I use only Ebb and Flow and have never experienced roots that grew like that. Mine look the same, but have way less mass.

I've heard that the DWC has that root problem. I would be tempted to see what one would do in a 55 gallon barrel. Can you imagine? A 75 foot plant! Hahahahaaha.

Those buds are looking damn close to finishing. Watch your trikes close. In Hydro, the "8 weeks" time doesn't really apply. My last grow of Big Bud finished in only 6 weeks and that was a week longer than I could have harvested. I wanted the floor slappin med high so I let them get a lot browner than I could have.

You may find you can harvest as much as two weeks earlier than you think.

Good luck man! Those are looking really sweet.

Gang, I hear whatcha saying but the celebration is very premature!

Dudes!! I know you take off time for hydro (and even more for Co2) but I am barely above 5 weeks of flower.

I have grown KM in this enviro and 10 weeks of flower for an almost pure sativa strain is definitely quick. Without the hydro I would be waiting 11-12.

But if she looks finished, in a way... thanks! ;) Final 2/3 of final bud mass are yet to go hee hee...... Watch this space... :D

Here's an early morning pic of the front clone. She's up on a stool and oriented towards the light.

5-30- Front Clone.jpg

I am also using the Kali Mist, I am doing it organically in 5 gallon buckets, the ladies are huge(max streching)..... I got 7 excellent female phenotypes out of 15, 1- I am sure is almost 90% sativa, My set up is pretty basic 2-600w Hortilux, 8"Hurricaine , 6" air cooled hoods, Fans and an A/C. I have to say if we compare pics they look to be the exact same, I have only been flowering for 8 days so I have a long way 2 go. I also have a Hash Plant Pheno I have worked with b4, she is great....... I will try and figure out this pic situation, and post some of my ladies, peace.

Latest posts

Back