Kaliman's Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the latest pics. Notice the one in the yellow bucket, the leaves are a much lighter colour. It's in the same medium and getting the same nutes. Looks like a N deficiency but otherwise it seems healthy.

None of these have shown sex yet, and believe me, I can spot them early. This tells me that this strain will veg under 13 hours of daylight - that, plus the leaf shape, and the 10 week flowering, seems to me to indicate quite a lot of sativa in the strain.

cheese1.jpg

cheese2.jpg

cheese3.jpg

cheese4.jpg

cheese5.jpg

cheese6.jpg

Looking very healthy there leaf some mojo for some gals.
T4

Thanks! These are a delight. They really can suck up nutes - I haven't found the limit yet.

Just signed up for this, they look Awesome so far.

Good job!

I hope you've got plenty of height in the grow room 'cos it looks to me that this strain can get pretty big!

i got about six feet but i jus started using a screen to kinda control the height and train em a little

My limit in the GH is 7 ft and actually that's my overall limit because the wall is 8ft high.
However, I see that one of them has just started alternating internodes.
The interval is 1.5" on average. 7-8 per foot.
I've identified what I am pretty sure are 3 females, but the males are being shy. Of course the other 3 might all be males, in which case I'll pick the recessive and dump the other two. I'll pollinate the best fem with the most recessive male. Then I'll take a couple of clones from the pollinated one and grow them on in the vacant pots.

I've still got a problem with one plant. Some of the autos also show the same deficiency. I'm pretty certain it's N-def. Never had this problem with this medium unless they have changed something without saying so. I gave 15-30-15 and no change.
So, a few days ago, I tranplanted it to the insulated cooler, about 4.3 gall., in case there was a root problem.
No effect. Still looks N-def.
The last runoff was pH 6.8, so I added some grapefruit juice from a grapefruit, and watered it in, for some ghetto ph-down.
Ideas gratefully received . . . it's the one (above) that was in the yellow bucket, and it's a female.

Actually I think plan A will be to take a few clones from the other two females.

Yes id take clones as you have females so there is nuthink to lose and tbh id just up the feed on that one plant maybe its just starvin hungry.
T4

The nute deficiency on that female that I transplanted (far right) seems to be correcting. I've thrown as much nutes at it as I can . . . probably there was a lack of root development earlier. pH runoff = 5.9
Three, presumably male, haven't shown yet.

cheese1.jpg

cheese2.jpg

cheese3.jpg

cheese4.jpg

cheese5.jpg

Hi Leaf a great rule of thumb is the males will outperform the females in growth rates as males seem to get taller bushier and stronger looking faster than the feamles.
Looking good btw.
T4

Interesting . . . growth continues at a terrific rate, and I'm seeing what looks like fem preflowers on one of the final two unknowns - a large plant that I'd thought was probably male.

Continuing very high ambient temps . . . have a large fan shifting air through the GH but even so...
This strain continues to surprise me. I'm more and more certain that five seeds out of the six, are female.
Not only that, but the one that looks male (no preflowers, signs of the tiny buds that presage male flowers) is the shortest of all the plants and is showing sex latest, a complete reversal of my usual expectations . . . recessive male, or normal for this strain?

The habit is also unlike anything I've grown before. Internodes far apart; long, long, near-horizontal branches, subdividing into more branches; I can envisage having to support; I suspect these can get wide and bushy. :rolleyes:

I should take clones but in these temps the clones may not make it. It might be a better plan to selectively pollinate each plant, tie a label on the pollinated cola.

Go with the flow and see how things turn out i use one cane centre of pot with wires and tie to main branches.
Multi i think does it like around the pots circumferance either way works upto you your chosen method Leaf.
T4

Well, it's either 4 fem / 2 males, or 5 fem / 1 male. I still think there's just one male out of 6. Outstanding, Rockster & Time4! :hubba:
The male should be dropping pollen in another 2 weeks. At that point I'll pollinate my preferred fem, and I aready know which that is. ;)
I'm not going to take clones because I prefer to use seed, it's faster than clones and it also allows me to learn how this plant works.
Anyway here are the pictures. Comments welcome.

The first one on the left is obviously female, in flower a week or so.
Second is the male :eek: more bushy and lower than the females ... either it's a regressive male or it's characteristic of this strain.
To me, the leaves on the male look like it's from a different pheno, more indica.
The third photo shows two females, the nearer one is in flower and the other has fem preflowers. The fourth pic shows my fem candidate in flower, I'll pollinate that one. And the final one is the plant that I struggled with, the transplanted yellow one. Or, the runt, as I call her.

cheese1.jpg

cheese2.jpg

cheese3-4.jpg

cheeseflower.jpg

cheeserunt.jpg

Hi leaf yes you got some stuff going on there when i did the 5 x cheese grow i too got 5 x phenos a couple were more sativa influenced and the other 3 were more indica.
One thing that i noticed was the fastest flowering one was the one that foxtailed like its namesake exodus/uk cheese and was by far the smelliest and was chopped about week 8 harvested 5.5oz.
The next smelliest also 100% exodus/uk cheese harvested nearly 10oz but went 12 weeks.
The others were a mixture of exodus/uk cheese in varying degrees and all weighed in 7,8 and 9oz respectively.
You growing outdoors tbh id expect what i achieved easily.
With what you are saying about pollinating your preferred female you may not chosen the best cheese pheno.
Get a clones taken from each plant from the lowest point on each plant and label up which mom they were taken from.
Ya only have one chance to do this then they are history if you chose the wrong pheno.
Collect ya pollen and store it for future referance.
T4

Hey leaf, those are some nice looking plants. GREEN MOJO!!

Latest posts

Back