KeepsTen's First

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I stuck a thermometer into the middle rockwool cube to get a tempt reading.

Its at 23C, or 73.4F. Seems high, do I need to worry about this? Or, am I cool. It hasnt gotten higher than 75F, and thats after being under lights for the 16 hours.

hey keeps hope you dont mind me watching your grow too. haha, looks great! looks like you have the same amount of plants as i do. may we yield many many ounces.

Yes, Ill smoke to that!

I cant believe what youres are doing at only day 10, mine seem to be so slow. I had a buddy come by the other night who has grown, and he was amazed at where mine were at 10.

Im hoping average luck, and 50/50 males to females.

Ill take 2nd week pics soon, when its 2 weeks.

Thanks for following.

Hey keeps, everything looks like it's going smoothly. Yup, temperatures are fine. I've seen growers keep their rooms at all sorts of different temperatures, ranging from 20-28 during the light period and 17-19 during the night. Keep up the good work man!

Okay, here are the babies at day 14 from seed.

The leaves have always been lookin a little droopy, only a few of em turn up to the light. Wonder what this is, not enough water? Ive been only hand watering once in the morning so far, need to get a timer for my pump.

Bought one yesterday, but turns out... It had no ground, what a joke. No wonder it was so cheap.

Here are the pics.

Oh, and the ones germinating are herb. Like... Basil, oregano, and mint.
Pesto, oregano bread, and mojitos!

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

hey keeps, from my experience if your lighting is fluorescent then drop your light couple of inches away from your plants. if not then leave at least 1.5 or 2 feet away (HID). and for watering, i water 3 times a day for 30 min for both ebb and flow and drip. but yeah, more light the better! haha. hope this helps

Theyre under a 600 watt MH. I may just lower it more, its currently about 2ft away. Ive gotten my temps in the cubes/soil down to about 20C, so I should be safe I think. I just didnt want them to burn up.

But yeah, theyve all had tons of little leaves growing now, and they havent increased in height at all, so thats why I figured it wasnt a light thing.

Ill post more pics if they perk up, otherwise, hope theyre lookin pretty in 7 more days.

But, any ideas as to when to expect them to show sex? Or, will that happen in flowering only.

LOL, I was just talking about this in my grow journal. They will show sex when they are mature or when they go under 12/12, which ever comes first. To figure out how close to put that light place your hand palm down directly above your tallest plant. Then lower the light as low as you can while still holding your comfortably between the light and the plant.

according to mike
cadlakmike1 said:
I'm on a 24 hour on light schedule but marijuana will show sex under any light schedule once the plants reach a certain level of maturity. These plants are just over a month old and I was hoping some would show sex by now. Like I said next Sunday I'm going to switch to my HPS and go on 12/12.
but if it doesnt, then it should show their sex after 2 weeks of flowering. or you can clone them and stick the clones in the flowering room (has to be separate). or put a black plastic bag over a branch to imitate 12/12 lighting on that one branch.

Hah, that was me who posted the question.

I can stick my hand pretty much 4 inches under the light and it dosent burn at all. But then again, ive been known to hold tea pots in my hand without problems, and others can barely grab it.

Ill definetly drop it on em. Lights off now though, but ill water and drop it tomorrow.

A lot of new growth on all my babies, but some still droopin. Some are standing strong though, nice and perky.

Ive dropped the light real low, so I dont think its that, or not enough water. Maybe time to increase nutes, check PH more often, or it could just be weak stems?

Any ideas? Its just some of em, especially the longer ones.

if it is still the first week after germination wait. give it 2 weeks till you up the nutes so they wont shock and burn. and for the lights, if it is fluorescent then its okay to drop it down real close, but if it is hps or mh leave at least 1.5 feet away. also, its ok to water often, i mean its rockwool! as long as the roots dont stand in a puddle of water you should be fine. oo and dont forget to bend the stems just a little bit so they strengthen up.

Yeah, been pinching them every 3rd day or so. They havent been showing any new height growth. Not much at least.

Finally starting to branch out real nice, then ill be pinching the stem more often, and get it to branch as much as I can. Kinda cool how they are starting to look different now.

Gonna get a small mister tomorrow and start just spraying the leaves every once in awhile, keep him nice and cool and the dust/mites off em.

:D

Whatcha think? Tell me I can keep her... heh

3 week from seed update tomorrow of all my girls (im just gonna start callin em girls, hopeful thinking)

Picture.jpg

The girls are looking sexy at week 3.

I was worried about em at first, but now theyre sittin pretty.

Here are some pictures. Dont know if anyone can tell strains by the leaves yet, as far as stavia or indica I mean. But, the new growth has been super stout. Hasnt grown more than 1.5 in in height for the biggest one, and lots of new growth underneith as well at the branching sites. Once theres enough room for me to even pinch on the stem, ill keep at it. Ive stopped since though since they arent growing taller anyways.

Any advice on how to get the side branches to grow out further and branch out more? Or, is this just constantly super cropping the tops? At about 2.5ft, im probably gonna SCROG, unless they get real tall by the end of the month.

And the runt... Im pullin her tonight. Its too pittiful to watch. Still green, still growing 'leaves' but... yeah, its an eye sore now.

I need to find my camera charger....

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Nice set up!!! Looks like indica to me but I still new at this I'm sure someone with more experience could confirm that.

Pretty new at all this, so thats why I was asking too.

Was just trying to get an idea as to flowering time, and if I should buy myself a half O to enjoy till then, or if I could hold out, heh.

The initial investment was pretty high (pun intended) but I hope it pays itself off with lots of buds for me and my friends. But its been fun to.

hey keeps, like acid says the plant is indica dominant strain. a good rule of thumb; indicas fat leaves and sativas skinny leaves. anyhow keep up the good work and post stuff up more often! haha

Latest posts

Back