KeepsTen's First

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah, okay, will do.

The were startin out kinda slow I thought, so wasnt a lot to update other than growth. But, then again, ive been checkin em every few hours, so I guess itd look slow. But now, it looks like theyre getting new leaves every few hours.

Thanks for that. Thats good to hear too, didnt want huge plants, and definetly didnt want to have a 2 month flowering.

If anyone is interested in how I set up my drip, ill be happy to post it up. Ive got it really dialed in now (finally got a timer) and set up a flow valve at the end to get up back pressure without straining pump.

Here they are on day 30 from seed.

Theyve really been taking off, gonna be upping the nutes every new reservoir (3 days usually) till its full strength. Theyve been having beautiful undergrowth on every node, and minimal height gain still. Gotta get that mylar up to seal the light when it comes to flowering, but right now, I think theyre getting plenty. With just my fan sitting outside my closet door blownin on em and the bulb in an air cooled (but no fan) box, theyre sitting about 8'' from the light with no problems.

Ive clearly got two strains now at least. Most of em are a kinda duller dark green hue with a very prominent stem vein. The other two are brigher, with lots of visable veins on the leaves, and has a 7 leaf pattern. I hope I can get at least one female of each, they are both growing beautifully for me.

Havent been doing anything to them other than morning sprays of water. I dont know why people say hydro is such high maintence. I dont even check my PH daily, just once when I mix my water.

Whatcha think? I am thinking that height is not going to be an issue for me now.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Okay, so reading more about the nutes ive bought, and seeing what other grow journals have been experiencing when going to higher nutes, decided to up mine, dramatically.

Mixed up some new nutes with the Mid sized growth strength recommendations. So, going from 9ml/gal to 15ml/gal. Lets see what happens. If they begin to burn, ill just add more water to dilute it, but I think ive been too conservative. (full strength is 30ml/gal)

nice! looks real lush. this is clearly dominant indica strain. oh about the height, wait a lil and they'll have a growth spurt soon. oo and be careful when upping the nutes. i put the full recommended dose and i get a slight nute burn on the tips of my skunks and widows. you want to see that b/c it shows that you are giving max amount of nutes for the plants. if its more than the tip i think you want to flush the blocks w distilled ph water. hope this helps.

Make sure your using Nitrogen Additives for compensation

Thanks for the tips. Ill look for the tips of the leaves, heh.

What do you mean nitrogen compensation? Do you mean with the flush?
Since they are on a drip, I flush them every Friday right now with phed water, not distilled though, just to get whatever may be in the cubes out, but I keep the same watering schedule that day, so theyll get nutes later on, the water flushes out so fast, I dont think ill have over watering problems.

In the beginning of sprout 1-2 weeks your plants lack the proper root structure to pull Nitrogen 30-10-10 light solution will help them uptake nitrogen quicker

Okay, per request.

They are sitting about 8'' high now. What impresses me the most is all the growth under the leaves. Each branch has 2 leaves shootin off of it already, some of those have split again even. Plenty of new nodes being created on the stem as well.

Theyve really loved the new nutrients, greened up, and bushed up a lot real fast. No nute burn at all, even on the tips. Ill finish this bucket off and add more to it again on the next batch.

Wish I had my camera charger, cause then id take closer pics, but here ya go.

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

HydroManiac said:
In the beginning of sprout 1-2 weeks your plants lack the proper root structure to pull Nitrogen 30-10-10 light solution will help them uptake nitrogen quicker

Well, my nutrient mix right now is a 3-2-4, and they seem to be enjoying it much. Id have to read up more as to what youre talking about, but I think ill keep at this till then. Thanks for the suggestion though. I could spend another 600 bucks on nutrients a lone with all the different stuff they have at the store.

All these different microbes, foiler sprays, extracts, enzymes, etc etc.

nice!!! wow keeps, this is going to get really bushy. i can tell. mine stretched alot, but yours is going to come out beautifully. imma be watching w you.

question, do you have another space for flowering or are you going to switch it in this room and are you going to use the drip irrigation all the way or are you going to switch to ebb & flow?

No, I plan on flowering in this room as well. Ill be snippin clones off when I start to flower em and they are showing sex. Probably going to either do those in my main room for the few weeks itll take, or underneath the grow tray to hide all the light.

Going with drip all the way. Wonder if its going to be a problem with sugar and such in bloom feeding.

Im actually working on forcing some stretch on them, I want to start flowering in the next 2 weeks or so on these, and id like them to be about 2ft when I start. They are about 8'' high 12'' across right now. Moved them further apart, and raised the light a little.

looks like there coming on well,
might be time to get some mylar in there!
you can pick it up on ebay cheap enough.

Here they are. Theyve really been enjoying the upped nutes, greened up to a beautiful dark green. Watering still the same, nutes still half strength of full, I think ill just keep them on this, as I think I am gonna switch them to flower in a week.

From the looks of it, I think its pretty obvious they are an indica strain (bagseed, various seeds too). They are standing only 10'' tall right now, but about 23'' wide. My grow tray is over grown now, no need to scrog even, they are all sitting at exactly the same height without any training/cropping/anything. I must be real lucky, cause im having fantastic luck so far with my grow.

Any tips on pulling clones? Depending on how many turn out to be females, I may keep one as a mother, and clone her after these are all flowered, though there looks to be two at least differnt strains, and itd be hard to find out which would be best to keep.

Or, should I just wait till they show sex, pull some new growth off em and clone like... maybe 2 of each female, and veg them as these flower, and pick my mother by how the harvests went.

Open to other ideas as well. Might have access to clones as well, so I may just buy a few premium grade stuff.

Finally on break this next week, so ill get to working on building a mylar enclosure for it, and another for vegging underneith. But if I decide Ill keep a mother, might just get a fan instead.

Anyways, enjoy!

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

those look really good for 32 days...a nice deep green which always makes me happy... I wld wait till you hve confirmed females and pull your clones right before flowering...

wow wow wow. strong stem and shoots! they look extremely beautiful! when are you going to flower?? dang [=

damn I really like how these look! Wish you could give me a clone!

If you can I would take a clone from each of the plants and put the clones into flower- but you are flowering in that same spot right... so that might not work for you.

So I would pick the latter of your choices if you can't do the one I mentioned.

how much roof space do you have?
you might run out of space fast the way there growing!
take a few clones off them now,
get them rooted then flower them,
find out which clones turn male and female and remove the male plants,
and then you can take a load of new clones that you know are going to be females!
nice plants by the way!

Cann- Thanks bro. I hope to switch em over to flower sometime this week.

Growin - Thats a smart idea. Only problem is that... wouldnt it take about 2 weeks to root, then another 2 weeks at least to veg before I even flower?

These girls would be HUGE if that were the case.

Would it be okay to take them during flowering you think? Like, immediately after they show sex.

Swiftgt- Ive got room for these girls to go about 4ft tall, but I dont really want em over 2.5 feet really.

Soooo, I came back from work today and checked em out. The shoots underneith the main leaves have gotten greedy. Theyd been all stretchin up just below the top growth and hiding between leaves getting light, but now they have actually shot up above them and growing new nodes even. Theyre all sitting about a foot tall now that ive raised the light though.

Tomorrow, hopefully gonna build my mylar enclosure, and ive got an idea for a small box for clones/mother as well. Also, gotta figure out this whole heat thing. No problems now, but if I enclose it, might raise the temps. Id like to buy it after this harvest if possible when I get more money though.

For some reason... I think im gonna be dropping another hundred bucks at least tomorrow though. Not sure how much rooting enzymes/blooming nutes cost, but I figure those alone are gonna cost me 50 bucks, plus 30 for mylar, then another 20 for materials.... Add a fan/piping and a clone light, and ive got another 150 or so.

Latest posts

Back